Gaming Xenoblade Chonicles X Discussion Thread

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
X's story is mediocre at best. So if you care for story above all (which is perfectly fine, in fact most gamers do) I can understand that you prefer the original one.

Story, soundtrack and Shulk feels way more alive than the mostly silent player character in X. The dialogues are better in X too, I think I dislike mostly every major character in X so far but yeah, X systems are more complex even though status effects feel like they matter more in the original.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Hey all, I'd just like to know if Nintendo/Monolith's fixed any of the technical issues as of right now?

EDIT:

Get the Wii game for Wii U on the eShop, and also the Wii U game.
Skip the N3DS one.
IMHO

It's certainly a great move by Nintendo to release it digitally so customers don't have to either, A) pirate the game or B) buy an overpriced physical copy from the used market.

Last edited by ,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There weren't really any technical issues to fix minus some obscure glitches that probably no one will ever find.
There are some voice/bgm volume problems, text size problems, other problems.
The text size problem is specially annoying to me, some time ago I said here:
Such a design failure that makes a gamer with slight eyesight problems get unbearable headaches is a game breaker.

PS: I also stopped playing, I like the game but I don't enjoy headaches.
Unfortunately my limited edition is still collecting dust in its beautiful metal case. I can't play the game like this and I really want to. At least I can take a peek to the artbook and posters from time to time, is the only part of the game I've been able to enjoy for now.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Unfortunately my limited edition is still collecting dust in its beautiful metal case. I can't play the game like this and I really want to. At least I can take a peek to the artbook and posters from time to time, is the only part of the game I've been able to enjoy for now.
The European "Limited" edition was kind of rubbish, the steelbook is just that, plus the title on the spine is incorrectly aligned, the artbook is far smaller than the American, no awesome stylised USB and no cel either. With that said, I couldn't care less about the steelbook case I'm happy with the standard plastic case as long as it only has one rating and it's the UK version (green colour icon-y on the spine).

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't that be more of a QOL issue, technical issue implies more like a glitch or a bug. i don't get why people can't read it, I'm playing on like a 36" TV about 5-8 feet away and I can read it just fine. I could see why it might be a bother to people, but don't see how people can't read it period especially if you have glasses (not saying you do, but people who have glasses ave also complained about it).

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Wouldn't that be more of a QOL issue, technical issue implies more like a glitch or a bug. i don't get why people can't read it, I'm playing on like a 36" TV about 5-8 feet away and I can read it just fine. I could see why it might be a bother to people, but don't see how people can't read it period especially if you have glasses (not saying you do, but people who have glasses ave also complained about it).

No, it's a technical issue and it has affected a lot, not just a few or some.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ronicles_x_has_tiny_text_-_time_for_an_update
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72939922
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72935883

The audio is another darn issue. So much for the Fallout 4 of Wii U.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States

Same here. I haven't been able to enjoy the game much, as I'm a bit farsighted and unable to read clearly from the couch, and it's a bit uncomfortable to be sitting on the ground so close to the TV. I've also had bits of audio get cut for some reason, and sometimes the soundtrack overpowers the characters' voices. Also, the characters sound very sleepy... I think the audio needs to speed up more, or not have such a gap between characters talking. I don't think I had this problem at all with Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.

I guess, aside from the audio issues, the game would fare well on PC or if played on a monitor, where I'm sitting only a few feet from my screen, or closer. I can definitely read it in that close proximity. The gamepad doesn't help, either, as the text is too small for the Gamepad's resolution to even be readable.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
playing with my brother, we got first skell in 17 hours

the game is very very impressive and im not usually an RPG fan

the skell totally changes the scale of the world!

the text isnt a problem unless playing on gamepad. music is still new enough to me so not annoying yet but volume sliders should be added

kvon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Idk, until now I am kind of.. disappoint in this game... is good game.. great visuals.. but somehow it not appeal to me like Xenoblade on Wii... can't say why... it don't have the same "aura" which maked me play Xenoblade for hours long back then.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Idk, until now I am kind of.. disappoint in this game... is good game.. great visuals.. but somehow it not appeal to me like Xenoblade on Wii... can't say why... it don't have the same "aura" which maked me play Xenoblade for hours long back then.
I agree with you, I spent 100 hours on Xeno X, I really wanted to like it but in the end I became really bored with it... it's fun for a little while but unfortunately the characters have no depth and I could not fall in love with the game mostly because I did not feel a single thing for any of the protagonists... on top of that the GUI gives me a headache trying to read the small text.. (and i got 20/20 vision) probably wont play it again... in comparison I've played xenoblade chronicles on Wii twice.. probably spent over 250h total (which is ridiculous)... and I'm still enjoying it... this game got me back into gaming after a good 15 year break. I hope that if they developed another xenoblade in the future they bring back the kind of story, character development and vibe that made the Wii release so good.

Last edited by Wiiunator,

kvon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, this is what I am feel exactly!!! I can still play some Xenoblade Chronicles but Xenoblade Chronicles X appeal me less than that... somehow.
Maybe somehow on a very basic level... for example (but not limit to) because it's too "Sci fi realistic" instead of "phantasy world"... no idea... I noticed that I find Tales of Zestiria more funny JRPG recently.. and it was not best Tales game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I finally completed the main story yesterday!
(finally)

the story was meh, full of holes and inconsistency. a kid could have wrote the story too.
And at the end, you still don't have any answers.

It had a nice visual and game engine, too bad it was wasted on ... THIS.

I completed it at level 47, around 100H.
I skipped lot of random and optional missions, didn't even visit all the world.
Too big, too much uninteresting characters, text (I just skipped all npc conversation) and missions which didn't gave me the will to work on the sociogram. I did 100% on Xenoblade Wii, all 400 missions, but this one the missions are not interesting.
I probably won't come back to it.

Too bad there's not even answers at the end, it feels like it's unfinished and hasted (same feeling as the graphical interface at the start of the game, hasted and not intuitive).
I can now focus on another (more enjoyable) game. I'm trying to play one at a time to force me to complete them. it's working

If I had to note it:
graphics: 9/10
interface: 5/10
story: 2/10
interest: 4/10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning