• Replies 630
  • Likes 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry my friend, thats why you got banned, you injected a card 2 certificate into card 1 games and played for example mario kart 8 online. You need to read> card 1 for card 1 games, card 2 for card 2 games never go online with card 1 in card 2 or card 2 in card 1 never mix it up, its asking for a ban.
Its card ban so far, playing Splatoon 2 atm

Reactions: Reecey and dariakyl

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Its card ban so far, playing Splatoon 2 atm
Cool just make sure from now on you don't inject card 2's in card 1's or visa versa ;) keep your wolfenstein for card 2's use zelda for card 1's. If your not sure your rom is a card 1 or a card 2 just open XCI-Explorer-v1.2.1.1 and check from nswdb.com

Last edited by Reecey,

Melon_Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone tried backing up their own games and playing them online? I plan on backing up splatoon2 & mario kart8 and play them without the need of a cartridge. Is it safe to do so?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried backing up their own games and playing them online? I plan on backing up splatoon2 & mario kart8 and play them without the need of a cartridge. Is it safe to do so?
Playing games via SX OS will always warrant the risk of a ban, regardless if you owe the game or not (Nintendo cannot verify that you own the cartridge). However, if your using your the header that comes with the games, that is arguably the safest way to play them (but still not 100% safe).

Melon_Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Playing games via SX OS will always warrant the risk of a ban, regardless if you owe the game or not (Nintendo cannot verify that you own the cartridge). However, if your using your the header that comes with the games, that is arguably the safest way to play them (but still not 100% safe).
Thanks. Based on my use of WAIN dumper it seems to dump both the game header and cert along with the main game. So I guess it should be safe in a way but i'll stick to my cartridge for online games and pirated backups ones for offline.

mylesofsmiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just like that I got banned. Allow me to explain the steps I took. Step 1: Followed this guide and extracted the certificate from my BoTW game cartridge using WAIN Dumper. I then proceeded to inject the certificate into Payday 2 and Puyo Puyo Tetris (BBB dumps) using XCI Explorer. Step 2: Went online on Puyo Puyo Tetris and scored a couple of quick victories. Step 3: Within a few minutes of playing on online match of Puyo Puyo Tetris, I went online in Payday 2 and completed a multiplayer heist successfully. Step 4: Tried logging on again this morning to both games and got the 2124-4025 Error Code. Step 5: Tried logging in to Fortnite to see if I got banned from retail games as well. Low and behold, I was greeted with the same error code. I hope this helps everyone. I got banned so you don't have to!

UPDATE: The error code changed to 2124-4007

Last edited by mylesofsmiles,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just like that I got banned. Allow me to explain the steps I took. Step 1: Followed this guide and extracted the certificate from my BoTW game cartridge using WAIN Dumper. I then proceeded to inject the certificate into Payday 2 and Puyo Puyo Tetris (BBB dumps) using XCI Explorer. Step 2: Went online on Puyo Puyo Tetris and scored a couple of quick victories. Step 3: Within a few minutes of playing on online match of Puyo Puyo Tetris, I went online in Payday 2 and completed a multiplayer heist successfully. Step 4: Tried logging on again this morning to both games and got the 2124-4025 Error Code. Step 5: Tried logging in to Fortnite to see if I got banned from retail games as well. Low and behold, I was greeted with the same error code. I hope this helps everyone. I got banned so you don't have to!
If you have a minute to spare, do you mind going to this thread and filling out the form there? You can post it in that thread or PM it to me. https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub.508710/

EDIT: Also, you're console is not banned. Your certificate was because it created a flag due to a mismatch between titles. You should still be able to use the eShop on the Switch.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: mylesofsmiles

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

UPDATE: The error code changed to 2124-4007
Same with me except my error is still 2124-4025. Otherwise same story. Used BotW, extracted cert, curious it exported as cert.bin instead of cert.dat, not sure that matters since it imported no problem. Anyway, applied that cert to my type 1 games. Tested and everything worked great last night. Tried Splatoon 2 and MK8 no problem. This morning, back to error. Can still get into eShop, can still play Fortnite, so it must be a cert ban? Anyway, that's where I am.

UPDATE: I tried going online, just an eshop test, and found the console's banned. 2124-4007

Last edited by Friffy1,
Reactions: Draxzelex

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say from my experience (before anyone accuses me of spreading misinformation blah blah)
error 2124-4025 (cert ban) is a first step to get 2124-4007 (console ban), pretty sure Nintendo recognizes who's using altered fw
so to say i'm using my own backup on SX OS so i'm safe is bs.

Reactions: Friffy1

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I’m suggesting now but it’s down to yourselves really I’m not forcing anyone to do anything I say but anyone outside the UK and unfortunately now I have to say the EU separately don’t try using the certificate injecting method there is obviously different security issues regarding outside the uk and eu with Nintendo Accounts.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Friffy1

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
I’m suggesting now but it’s down to yourselves really I’m not forcing anyone to do anything I say but anyone outside the UK and unfortunately now I have to say the EU separately don’t try using the certificate injecting method there is obviously different security issues regarding outside the uk and eu with Nintendo Accounts.

Why the EU thou? We both share the same TOS as far as I know. Same game rating and everything too (even if politicians want to make it look as if the UK is right next to the US....... XD).

Edit: I think you meant as in anyone outside the UK and the EU which is where my confusing was so people inside these two regions should be "safe".

Last edited by Sephirosu,

ahmerkhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
i have a problem i use wain cart dumps , it goes fine but when i start the game from my own dumps it shows you have to update and icant play the game ,, i m dumping full game with certs.. any solution??

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded all my xci updates from Nintendo servers
I've been using devmenu to install NSPs that I've downloaded using a banned cert, with CDNSP on SX OS 1.3

I heard SX OS 1.3 disabled error reporting so that might be helpful

Still not banned either

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Why the EU thou? We both share the same TOS as far as I know. Same game rating and everything too (even if politicians want to make it look as if the UK is right next to the US....... XD).

Edit: I think you meant as in anyone outside the UK and the EU which is where my confusing was so people inside these two regions should be "safe".
Yes "anyone outside the UK and unfortunately now I have to say the EU separately don’t try using the certificate" unless I'm an alien I think that makes sense?

I think US Nintendo has different security checks then the UK & EU. Everyone so far that has been handed down a ban is either US or outside the EU. Apart from of course like the guy above the odd one or two maybe.. for all I know he might not even be in US territories, just because it shows a US flag next to his name doesn't mean he is in US.

@x0x0 hes EU, I'm UK for example both of us have thrashed our SX titles to death online card 1 & card 2, certificate or no certificate for @x0x0, what ever, neither of us has been banned also others on here have done exactly the same most are from UK or EU and they haven't received a ban either! The strategic path to take is quite easy to follow and understand the outcome.

Last edited by Reecey,

Tke1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have dump my certificate from the game "Sine Mora EX" and played 3 days online splatoon , Mario Kart 8 and rocket league. Banned today after 3 days, Its only certificate ban (Fortnite ok and eshop too). Error : 2124-4025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1