Status
Not open for further replies.

xxBLACKBEARDxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From your post, you ran SX OS 1.0 online. SX OS 1.0 doesn't use the cert from the xci file so this is more than likely what caused your ban.
I started this method friday night 1.1 was already out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think that's why you got banned, minecraft is an online game.
Maybe, what's funny is that I made sure to pick an online game cert to put in all my roms. Thought it would be safer

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also just a point the 3ds header situation might be very similar from back in the day> you had to use a different size header for different size roms to inject into so for example if your rom was 2GB you had to use a header from a 2GB title or more to inject so in the switch case I would use a "certificate" from a big size title such as zelda which is 14.8GB's in size to compensate on size to inject in to your rom, if you use a header from a small title like minecraft 768MB in size and inject it into a big title like Zelda it wont match up, trust me bigger title certificate the better! I'm not saying this is concrete but the theory stacks up from the 3ds scene.
Gonna give a try to my zelda's header.
Hope it will work (Kinda thinking about trying it on Mario Tennis Aces to see if it will fuck up on a card2 game)

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think I read it worked with Fortnite so that shouldn't be a problem
It will work with any game, the issue is with the banhammer, it might be easier to graps an online game header than an offline one. Minecraft worked until Blackbeard got banned.

Mateto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finally got banned! But not a Console or Account Ban. Just a Cert Ban. They banned my 1 2 Switch Cert. Still can play Mario Kart Legit online and i can Access the eShop. I took my Skyrim Cert and replaced the 1 2 Switch Cert in Splat 2 and would you look at this. Online again!
I don't get it, though. How come Big N bans the certs only and not the user?

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get it, though. How come Big N bans the certs only and not the user?

My guess would be that they don't want to ban the user because the following situation could happen:
Buy a game, extract cert.
Sell the game.
Use the cert on the same game or another game with SX OS.
Person that bought the game plays the game also.

How would Nintendo know who extracted the cert and who is playing the legit copy? I'm thinking if they're banning certs, their system might not be set up right now to tell which game the cert came from otherwise they'd ban you for using it on a different game rather than just banning the cert. But this also probably means they can tell a cert it being used on more than 1 title, even if they're not online at the same time.

Last edited by fadx,
Reactions: Quantumcat and Rel

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but banning the cert would block the second owner of the game from playing online, even though they bought the game legitimately.
Would make more sense for them to ban the user if they see someone has a 1 2 Switch cert playing Splatoon 2.

My question is if they can tell if you use a Splatoon 2 cert with a Splatoon 2 backup from SX os

drake19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Test it and tells,i want to inject the cert from mario kart 8 to splatton 2.
One question about certs,i dumped the cert from mario rabbids kingdom for the single player games,the file is cert.bin,at the xci reader it wants .cert files,how can i extract it in .cert?!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got banned! But not a Console or Account Ban. Just a Cert Ban. They banned my 1 2 Switch Cert. Still can play Mario Kart Legit online and i can Access the eShop. I took my Skyrim Cert and replaced the 1 2 Switch Cert in Splat 2 and would you look at this. Online again!
I know why you got banned you used a smaller title certificate, 1 2 Switch 1.85GB in size and used it in a larger game Mario Kart 8 7.43GB that's why, if I was you and everyone else pick the biggest retail title you can find preferably Zelda, Doom, Skyrim, Payday 2 etc.. anything around the 14.8GB in size and extract that header and import it in your games. It works exactly the same as the 3ds did, the pattern is uncanny!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gonna give a try to my zelda's header.
Hope it will work (Kinda thinking about trying it on Mario Tennis Aces to see if it will fuck up on a card2 game)
Now remember your using a card 2 game here Mario Aces online, it wont work you will need a card 2 certificate from a retail game to inject in to it, its the same way as the 3ds worked you needed card 2 headers to work on card 2 roms, again the size mattered in this case. Don't use Mario Tennis online with a card 1 certificate you will get banned for sure! Stick with card 1 certificates on card 1 roms and visa versa, card 2 certificates on card 2 roms, again size matters bigger certificates injected the better ;)

Last edited by Reecey,

Shari

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I registered just to chime in.

Yesterday I injected my MK8 cert to Mario Tennis Aces and it was working just fine, will let you know guys if I get banned. Hasn't happened yet.

Been playing Rocket League, Splatoon 2 and Martio Tennis all with the same cert, no issues so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wololo.net/2024/05/14/pplgpwn-hack-your-ps4-with-your-tv/