Xecuter Launches Mini SX Dedicated Website!

The ultimate solution for JAILBREAKING your Nintendo Switch has arrived!
SX_LAUNCH.jpg

It has been quiet for just over a week since the last been news from Team-Xecuter, but now they are back with nice new announcement for their upcoming SX Family of products, check it out below, it includes a new website, with pictures, etc.
We are proud to introduce our Xecuter SX dedicated 'mini' site. You can find it HERE.

This site is not meant to replace our Xecuter portal, but exists for the convenience of (future) SX (OS) users. On the mini-site you can find high resolution pictures of the SX Pro, screenshots of SX OS and our brand-new game selection menu and a basic usage guide.

The SX OS download is not available yet. It will be once we deliver the first licenses to our resellers on June 15th.
  • Activation of SX OS can be done through SX OS itself if you have WiFi configured on your Nintendo Switch.
  • If you don't have WiFi configured you will be able to retrieve your SX OS License through our website.
  • If you purchased SX OS only you will receive a "redeem code" that you need to enter (not needed for SX Pro users).
Finally, we'd like to address some more questions that we've seen a lot.
  • Q: Will Switch data such as savegames and updates be shared between the OFW and SX OS? Or are both systems separated?
    A:
    Yes, SX OS and the original Switch OS share savegames and update data.
  • Q: Is it possible to play games from a External Harddrive?
    Does SX allow us to use an external disk using the docking station or USB-C port?
    A:
    This is a possibility in the future, we've added it to our to do list. (thanks to all users for making it already a few pages long :)
  • Q: Can we expect cheat codes some day?
    A:
    Cheats has always been a priority for our us. And we've already started looking into it.
    It takes a while to make a decent and usable cheat system, your patience will be rewarded!
  • Q: There has been a wave of bans happening lately. Does that confirm we won't be able to play online with SX OS?
    A:
    There have indeed been a number of isolated ban incidents happening lately among some homebrew developers. The exact cause of these bans is not known as of yet.
    We are not aware of any bans due to SX OS usage. But be cautious and use online functionality at your own risk!
Thanks again to everyone who is supporting SX. We will keep you posted with updates.
And we hope this will make the wait until the official launch a bit easier for you!

Team-Xecuter, Rocking the Switch in 2018!
:arrow: Visit SX OFFICIAL SITE
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: tiny extra bracket

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me just say again how absolutely happy I am that I pre-ordered the SX Pro! On a side note, my Switch will NEVER be banned.................... because once I start using the SX Pro, my wi-fi settings are going to get wiped! :)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>wave of bans
Only like 2 people got banned people. And they were hackers who have been taking apart the console since day one. It goes without saying that hacking the console can always result in a ban.
Someone else got banned for hacking their Splatoon 2 save. To be fair they altered a in-game currency to a pretty high value then went online with it.

NICE, but the jig tool looks like it connects/shorts pins 10 and 7? But not 10 and 1. Why is this?

ItsKipz said:
https://twitter.com/ylws8bot/status/1001977855255904257

oh fuck and i was about to update to get the exFAT driver for 5.0.2 legitimately. Well WELLWELL
Maybe so they could fit their logo on it? It doesn't make much of a difference.

I'm a little confused, why is the input port on the dongle micro/mini USB? Wouldn't USB C be more convenient?
Some speculate that the dongle needs to be charged. The internal pics show two really large capacitors. MicroUSB just makes for a smaller dongle since it takes less space. It's not meant as a pass-through.

You have to activate the license in the CFW itself, that means we can pirate the pirates easily
Yes, this is great news. Should be fairly easy to disassemble and nop the license check.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm tempted to get it but I'd like a solution in which my Switch stays a Switch and not this:

txos-menu.png

Something like we had in 3DS.

I don't mind paying for it, it's cheaper than a retail game.

I'd just like my switch to stay the same but being able to run warez.

Edit: Ah, eff it! Already preordered mine. Couldn't resist that big XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2. I'll take advantage of that RCM jig and make an NAND image just in case when a more elegant solution approaches.

Last edited by netovsk,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What if SX OS is already uploaded into the website?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm tempted to get it but I'd like a solution in which my Switch stays a Switch and not this:

txos-menu.png

That's the SX OS Homebrew Launcher, you don't need to stay on that menu to boot games

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone else got banned for hacking their Splatoon 2 save. To be fair they altered a in-game currency to a pretty high value then went online with it.
Seriously? That means they were just asking to be banned. Allow me to reiterate. The only people to have been banned are people who were expecting a ban and those who should expect a ban for not being conspicuous enough.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB C takes up the same amount of space as micro USB
For real? Good to know. Wonder if it was a cost decision then.

(large pic that should have been a thumbnail)

Edit: Ah, eff it! Already preordered mine. Couldn't resist that big XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2. I'll take advantage of that RCM jig and make an NAND image just in case when a more elegant solution approaches.
Their original system shows them cycling games with the L + R buttons, which is still in the video on their site, I think this is a custom luancher you can run from the Album app for an easier design. It may not even boot the game from there, it may just let you choose which game is currently "loaded" and then you launch it from the normal home screen. Too little info to go off from just yet.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For real? Good to know. Wonder if it was a cost decision then....
Micro USB is FAR more common than USB-C, until the Switch I never had anything with USB-C my self... Also my father and my girlfriend samsung J7 and J5 from 2017 also have no USB-C...

But I already have a few micro USB cables and I think most ppl will have more micro-USB cables than a USB-C to USB-A...

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't draw orpow from the switch itself when plugged in? Maybe it goes askin with that while rcm power thing that there is no clear consensus on. The only new info here though was the clear screenshot.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"
Activate your SX OS License to enjoy all features.
Enter the "album viewer" from the main menu and click on "license"so it is a homebrew file to insatll the OS that is what i take from that

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to activate the license in the CFW itself, that means we can pirate the pirates easily

Ha, good luck. It's pretty easy to properly protect simple systems, especially ones without external RAM and FLASH (i.e. microcrontrollers). If they tie the license to your serial number and use a public private key pair, it can be pretty well locked down to the serial (that said if you can modify your switch serial to one that someone else paid for you are probably in the clear to copy their work.

I'm a little confused, why is the input port on the dongle micro/mini USB? Wouldn't USB C be more convenient?

USB C takes up the same amount of space as micro USB

What you guys are missing is that power negotiation for USB-C PD is MUCH more complicated than for traditional USB DCP ports. To do any significant power with USB-C PD takes more space and more money. PLUS it's simply complex to deal with as there is a whole protocol. Also since USB-C has a ton more pins and a more complicated layout it makes for a more complex PCB (in this care unnecessarily). Also the connectors for USB-C are quite a bit more costly. All that said, you can still pull 15W through USB-C without negotiation so the first part of what I said above doesn't apply :X

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...ks-or-how-to-avoid-blowing-up-your-smartphone

As an example of USB-C PD complexity for those who care:
http://www.ti.com/lit/an/slva842/slva842.pdf

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Ha, good luck. It's pretty easy to properly protect simple systems, especially ones without external RAM and FLASH (i.e. microcrontrollers). If they tie the license to your serial number and use a public private key pair, it can be pretty well locked down to the serial (that said if you can modify your switch serial to one that someone else paid for you are probably in the clear to copy their work.

What you guys are missing is that power negotiation for USB-C PD is MUCH more complicated than for traditional USB DCP ports. To do any significant power with USB-C PD takes more space and more money. PLUS it's simply complex to deal with as there is a whole protocol. Also since USB-C has a ton more pins and a more complicated layout it makes for a more complex PCB (in this care unnecessarily). Also the connectors for USB-C are quite a bit more costly. All that said, you can still pull 15W through USB-C without negotiation so the first part of what I said above doesn't apply :X

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...ks-or-how-to-avoid-blowing-up-your-smartphone

As an example of USB-C PD complexity for those who care:
http://www.ti.com/lit/an/slva842/slva842.pdf
but man everyone is hackerman here, you are wrong!!! they will pirate the pirates because we are soo smurt!!!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
JAILBREAKING
Can we not call it that? This is not an iOS device. It was stupid when they started calling it that and it's stupid now. Just call it hacking, modding, anything but that.

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
this page exists, in fact, if you check the source you can find out that sx lite is a thing that will happen
upload_2018-5-31_0-31-40.png

uploading on the other hand does nothing

this page exists, in fact, if you check the source you can find out that sx lite is a thing that will happen
upload_2018-5-31_0-31-40.png

uploading on the other hand does nothing
looking through this, I'm pretty sure every single file is handled locally.
that's why I saved the site in case anything changes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    dracula has some sick bars ngl
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/XnZLsJuNCnM?feature=shared&t=9