JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is it possible it could be released this weekend or maybe in the next few days? Not in a rush just curious
Yeah, I hope it's ready. If not i'll release what I have. It's working mostly but it needs fixes in some parts and to add some things.

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I hope it's ready. If not i'll release what I have. It's working mostly but it needs fixes in some parts and to add some things.
we can wait for the final product. You don't have to release it until everything is finish up. We all are excited about it and ready for it but we can wait for the final release.

Reactions: zeldaism and Moko

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And even more tempting to have all-in-one XCIs for those games with a 'Day 1' mandatory update, like DOOM or LA Noire.
Combine that with USB HDD support from SX OS (or any other CFW once they add that) and you'll be saving space

Reactions: oji

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah it will come this weekend. Not in full state but it'll come.
I'd probably leave skipping for things in sigle files processing out as well as an update mode and a splitting mode for the content. I need to do some work with the meta file because of the way i want to implement the skipping. My xci to nsp converter and nx-trimmer splitting method will work fine with retail cartridges but not with the ones we're going to make, i could use several approaches but the smarter is directly reading the meta. The easy way is to use nstool but some users have issues with it so i'll better program something for it.
Currently i'm using 2 modes for multi-building:
Auto where it'll take any nsp or xci in a folder to make a multi content xci/nsp and manual wich will take anything from a list.
Auto renames the final file as the name of the folder while manual let's you input that. I also want to let you read take the icon for multi content from an nsp or nca. The nca will also give it name in the sx os loader.
I'm also thinking in a "tools batch" with more options since my libraries can currently extract any kind of nca, ticket, xml, cert, jpg, cnmt file... from a nsp file (still need to work for xci files) so I think is something that can be helpful for people. They can also take titlerights encryption on the fly while extracting. Let's see if I can release the tools batch during the weekend too.

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it will come this weekend. Not in full state but it'll come.
I'd probably leave skipping for things in sigle files processing out as well as an update mode and a splitting mode for the content. I need to do some work with the meta file because of the way i want to implement the skipping. My xci to nsp converter and nx-trimmer splitting method will work fine with retail cartridges but not with the ones we're going to make, i could use several approaches but the smarter is directly reading the meta. The easy way is to use nstool but some users have issues with it so i'll better program something for it.
Currently i'm using 2 modes for multi-building:
Auto where it'll take any nsp or xci in a folder to make a multi content xci/nsp and manual wich will take anything from a list.
Auto renames the final file as the name of the folder while manual let's you input that. I also want to let you read take the icon for multi content from an nsp or nca. The nca will also give it name in the sx os loader.
I'm also thinking in a "tools batch" with more options since my libraries can currently extract any kind of nca, ticket, xml, cert, jpg, cnmt file... from a nsp file (still need to work for xci files) so I think is something that can be helpful for people. They can also take titlerights encryption on the fly while extracting. Let's see if I can release the tools batch during the weekend too.

So, the version to be released this weekend, will it allow you to bundle update nsps with base nsps into an xci or will that come later? (Sorry I've read through this about several times but I'm getting a few mixed signals on whether or not this will be included in the weekend's release, although regardless thank you for continuing work on this).

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, man, you're rox!!!!! You're doing great, buddy! That's cool! That's cool! I haven't seen this wire before, but it's really useful what you're doing.
I'm waiting......

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, the version to be released this weekend, will it allow you to bundle update nsps with base nsps into an xci or will that come later? (Sorry I've read through this about several times but I'm getting a few mixed signals on whether or not this will be included in the weekend's release, although regardless thank you for continuing work on this).
Yeah it will. The thing is you need to go xci by xci.
My idea for future versions is a mode that associates content by id so you can have the big lists you could have in nut cleaner. (you still can in individual mode).
Basically:
Auto mode->file. Single repack of one file to xci/nsp
Auto mode->folder->individual repack. Individual repacking of several files in the folder and it's subfolders.
Auto mode->folder->multi repack. Pack all things of folder subfolder in the xci/nsp and set the name as folder's name.
Manual mode->individual repack. Individual repacking of several files from the list you make.
Manual mode->multi repack. Pack all things on the list in an xci/nsp.
For the last one i still need to have the ability to read the control nca for custom icon/name from the file you give him. May support hacpack and an template in the future for this, will see.

Also plan to make the tools batch i talked about, and the idea is to convert the other programs to profiles of this one. Basically you have several batch files in the same folder with different configurations and options files, you can also set work and output folder. It'll serve to not need to go and change parameters in the config all the time.

So yeah you'll be able to make multi-content xci files wich means game+update+dlcs but also means several games/updates in the same xci.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it will. The thing is you need to go xci by xci.
My idea for future versions is a mode that associates content by id so you can have the big lists you could have in nut cleaner. (you still can in individual mode).
Basically:
Auto mode->file. Single repack of one file to xci/nsp
Auto mode->folder->individual repack. Individual repacking of several files in the folder and it's subfolders.
Auto mode->folder->multi repack. Pack all things of folder subfolder in the xci/nsp and set the name as folder's name.
Manual mode->individual repack. Individual repacking of several files from the list you make.
Manual mode->multi repack. Pack all things on the list in an xci/nsp.
For the last one i still need to have the ability to read the control nca for custom icon/name from the file you give him. May support hacpack and an template in the future for this, will see.

Also plan to make the tools batch i talked about, and the idea is to convert the other programs to profiles of this one. Basically you have several batch files in the same folder with different configurations and options files, you can also set work and output folder. It'll serve to not need to go and change parameters in the config all the time.

So yeah you'll be able to make multi-content xci files wich means game+update+dlcs but also means several games/updates in the same xci.

Seriously, que buenas noticias! (Awesome news) I wish there was a tool like this for Wii U :'(

LucioDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Damn xci+dlc thats pretty neat
But it wont cause trouble? Like let me tell You my scenario
I have splatoon and Mario & rabbids officially bought from eshop
Both have big dlcs (octo expansion and donkey kong expansion)
If i run the xci with updates and dlcs will that make conflict with the current games i have?

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn xci+dlc thats pretty neat
But it wont cause trouble? Like let me tell You my scenario
I have splatoon and Mario & rabbids officially bought from eshop
Both have big dlcs (octo expansion and donkey kong expansion)
If i run the xci with updates and dlcs will that make conflict with the current games i have?

It shouldn't cause any issues.

@JRoad how do I get this to work?

From his github page
Code:
I.- First fill "keys.txt" in ztools folder so hactool can work properly.

More info: https://github.com/SciresM/hactool
II.- Optionally fill the file header_key.txt in ztools with xci_header_key value

III.- To convert a nsp to xci dragg the nsp file over "XCI_Builder_v0.6.x.bat" and wait for the system window to close

IV.- You'll get a folder with the name of the game in the output folder. Inside you'll find two files. - "game"[xcib].xci -> Converted nsp - "game"[lc].nsp -> License file to ge titlekey in the system.

V.- For game_info.ini you can edit the preset or give it as it is. I'm getting 100% compatibility as it is.

VI.- Install file [lc].nsp with SX OS custom installer or older tinfoil versions

VII. - Load the xci file and enjoy

Last edited by FMCore,

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While we wait for the latest version, are there any changes/modification that can be done to the current xci-builder script that would allow you to combine a base nsp and an update nsp into a single xci? nope, no there is not.

Last edited by FMCore,

sergux

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
this is noob friendly? i want games like outlast or final fantasy XV converted to xci cuz i have emunand and it run into issues installing big size nsp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ