JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
add 2>&1 at the end of the command .. so NUT_BC.bat "C:\nut\game.nsp" >log.txt 2>&1

What 2>&1 does, is merge Standard Error into the Standard Output stream, so Standard output and Standard Error will e in log.txt .. it helped me a lot to catch the errors
Good catch, I didn't thought of that one.

_silencer_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So guys. Good news and bad news.

First Good news: I have identified hacbuild's issue, also I managed to make 5nca xci/nsp to work after rebuilding. I also managed to make updates and dlc's working.

Hi JRoad, will it be as simple as dragging the NSP files of base game + update + DLCs into XCI_Builder.bat, or would there be a different process to follow in order to rebuild the XCI. Also any ETA on expected release, very eager to test.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi JRoad, will it be as simple as dragging the NSP files of base game + update + DLCs into XCI_Builder.bat, or would there be a different process to follow in order to rebuild the XCI. Also any ETA on expected release, very eager to test.
It'll be still dragg and drop, and first version will probably up next weekend as normally I don't have time for these things during weekdays.
First version probably will use a folder approach and one game at a time. The idea for final version would be to have the list function of Nut Cleaner and scan the list for content with similar ID to separate games. Also need to account for updates inside of Rev games to compare with the update you input and see if it's lower to see which one takes preference.
Also tickets inside the xci are only recognized for updates so the content needs to be either cleaned with nut or tickets need to be installed with [lc].nsp files
The nut option will take preference.

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I figured out something that I think need to be clear with everyone.

the file name is important.
please use "Name_of_Game [id][v0]" for a game (xci or nsp)

ex : "Resident Evil - Revelations 2 [010095300212a000][v0].nsp"

Like that the batch can detect with the ID code if it's a Game or an Update ...etc
Also be sure to work with a simple directory path (c:\temp\ or c:\switchconverting ... you got the idea)

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

You mean for the cleaner? Since version 0.4 [titleid] in the file name is no longer needed since it's read from the meta nca, also version 0.41 does support nstool so you have a couple of options for renaming files in the config file (inside zconfig) there is one that adds the version number and one that replaces the name with the first name inside the control nca.
It's option 10 I think. Also the master from the github has a couple of small changws and an option 11 that lets you change py -3 for conda, for example, for people that use the conda distribution.
Although yeah correct naming will always be better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also yeah pretty smart of you to figure it out. Previous version used that to skip docs and updates in xci conversion. It would output them as nsp even if you chose xci as output, current one checks the meta for the skip.

thequickbrownfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Version 0.7 doesn't work for me right now.

First i get:

----------------------------------------------------
Building license nsp with "nspbuild" by CVFireDragon
DONE

The system cannot find the file specified.
----------------------------------------------
Building xci file with hacbuild by LucaFraga

Then hacbuild crashes.

Still, this tool looks very promising, especially after TX added ability to mount .xcis from USB HDDs. Many, many thanks.

l0l0l0

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes i tried nutcleaner but at the end in the output folder there is a zip file of 1kb.:D
i make something wrong, but what?!.:P

At the end it says ncatype.txt not found.

But with xci_builder works für me but i dont know how to convert multiple files.

Hello, I had the same problem. I had an error in my key file!

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Version 0.7 doesn't work for me right now.

First i get:

Building license nsp with "nspbuild" by CVFireDragon
DONE

The system cannot find the file specified.
Building xci file with hacbuild by LucaFraga

Then hacbuild crashes.

Still, this tool looks very promising, especially after TX added ability to mount .xcis from USB HDDs. Many, many thanks.
Currently is recommended to use Nut_Cleaner if you don't want to install the [LC].nsp or xci_batchbuilderif you don't mind that.
I also did yesterday an edit to batchbuilder that enables converting nsp with less than 4nca to xci that will serve to convert the movies that were floating around that didn't work before. I'll upload it later.
If you filled the keys your issue is probably that you need to erase spaces in the program route.
I always worked without them so it seems I missed the issue till recently. I'll try to work on fix that need in the upcoming versions.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With this can i turn the retroarch nsp into xci?
Con esto puedo volver el nsp de retroarch en xci? O no funcionara?
Yeah it should, I edited to work with things with 2 or 3 nca. New homebrew nsp files someimes only have 3nca files but this will work with them.
Basically will work if the nsp has less than 4nca files. This one will not fix the more than 4 files in secure issue, I already have hacbuild fixed for that but I will release it during the weekend with a new batch to automate it and instructions for people that want to do it the manual way.

I also have some surprises and interesting things yo can do now when you repack to xci.

PD: I edited batchbuilder since it was quicker and these files with less than 4nca are always ticketless to begin with.

Attachments

• XCI_BatchBuilder3nca_nk.zip
    912.4 KB · Views: 290

echan42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love being able to have all my games in XCI you're doing gods work here.

How usable are these XCI as a daily driver?
I'm using a fat32 card on SXOS 2.1 fw6.0 and my converted XCI games sometimes get that cloud download icon on them and won't launch till I install an update or the license file, sometimes it's both sometimes it's one of the two.

This happened twice already and in both instances it was shortly after using homebrew apps.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I love being able to have all my games in XCI you're doing gods work here.

How usable are these XCI as a daily driver?
I'm using a fat32 card on SXOS 2.1 fw6.0 and my converted XCI games sometimes get that cloud download icon on them and won't launch till I install an update or the license file, sometimes it's both sometimes it's one of the two.

This happened twice already and in both instances it was shortly after using homebrew apps.
Ah that's normal it's because you did install the update without the xci loaded, it means that you don't have the base content in the console. Just load the xci so the base content is registered again and it'll fix it.
Basically tinfoil or SX installer overwrite completely the metada if the base game is not present so you need to load the xci again so it gets updated.

echan42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah that's normal it's because you did install the update without the xci loaded, it means that you don't have the base content in the console. Just load the xci so the base content is registered again and it'll fix it.
Basically tinfoil or SX installer overwrite completely the metada if the base game is not present so you need to load the xci again so it gets updated.
No, I didn't explain myself, I ment after loading the XCI and playing for a week or so.
My issue happens after I've loaded the XCI, installed the license and the Upd/DLC, played and restarted the console.

Also If I run my NSPs thru Nutcleaner can I use the XCI without the lc.nsp?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, I didn't explain myself, I ment after loading the XCI and playing for a week or so.
My issue happens after I've loaded the XCI, installed the license and the Upd/DLC, played and restarted the console.

Also If I run my NSPs thru Nutcleaner can I use the XCI without the lc.nsp?
Yes, also nut cleaner can repack as xci.

I mean that after you load the xci your issue with the cloud thing will be fixed. It happens if you install an nsp for that game (dlc, update,..) without the xci loaded.
It's not issue really since when you load the xci the content will be updated and the cloud over the icon will disappear. It means it's not finding the base content.

Yes, also nut cleaner can repack as xci.

I mean that after you load the xci your issue with the cloud thing will be fixed. It happens if you install an nsp for that game (dlc, update,..) without the xci loaded.
It's not issue really since when you load the xci the content will be updated and the cloud over the icon will disappear. It means it's not finding the base content.

Also weekend's update will let you put updates and dlcs inside the xci, among other interesting surprise ;)

Last edited by JRoad,

echan42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds great! can't wait for the weekend! Such a good update schedule!

I'm having this issue with the XCI loaded so I can't really say we're talking about the same issue here.
To me it seems like the base game won't open without the update, one example is when it happened with Towerfall after I'd palyed for about a week, I had to reinstall update and DLC for the game's XCI to open. It happened round about the time I closed RetroArch with the home button instead of exit option but I thougt that only gave trouble with exFAT cards.

(also: ahah our avatars are pointing at eachother!)

Last edited by echan42,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That sounds great! can't wait for the weekend! Such a good update schedule!

I'm having this issue with the XCI loaded so I can't really say we're talking about the same issue here.
To me it seems like the base game won't open without the update, one example is when it happened with Towerfall after I'd palyed for about a week, I had to reinstall update and DLC for the game's XCI to open. It happened round about the time I closed RetroArch with the home button instead of exit option but I thougt that only gave trouble with exFAT cards.

(also: ahah our avatars are pointing at eachother!)
Hmm that one is weird. Yeah I really know about the corruption of cards but it never happened to me in my cards, using also exfat. The thing is i have one card in specific for Lakka in fat32 so yes Retroarch may be at fault there but that issue it's really weird if it doesn't solves itself remounting the game.

echan42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm that one is weird. Yeah I really know about the corruption of cards but it never happened to me in my cards, using also exfat. The thing is i have one card in specific for Lakka in fat32 so yes Retroarch may be at fault there but that issue it's really weird if it doesn't solves itself remounting the game.
Thanks for your answers I guess my problem is in no way XCI-Builder related and that's a relief!
Thanks for your hard work, I'll keep an eye on your projects.

Nepnepy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jroad! Will you make a new thread for ya magical new program when ya release it? And any update when ya releasing it? :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-