Xbox One Specs Boosted by "The Equivalent of 3 Xbox Ones" in the Cloud

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by EvilMakiPR, May 25, 2013.

1. EvilMakiPR
    OP

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    [​IMG]

Microsoft is provisioning the Developers with Cloud computing for the equivalent of 3 Xbox Ones for extra power.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54748/xbox-one...e-equivalent-of-three-xbox-ones-in-the-cloud/

xwatchmanx likes this.

2. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    So it's stealth cloud gaming, eh? Sneaky.

Wizerzak likes this.
  3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    ...while at the same time saying that it will "only" need to connect to the internet every 24 hours? Right.

Not sure what they're hoping to achieve, but I doubt it'll work. Suppose you're a game developer. If you want your game to be extra-graphic intensive, you will require a constant, reliable and fast internet connection of your gamers. If not, it'll start stuttering, or downright refuse to work. And with that previous statement, microsoft isn't to blame (it's not our fault that this game requires a network connection). And that'll make your audience mad in a very income-heavy way.

And then I haven't even talked about simcity yet. EA lied about it needing the connection to do calculations online, but still their servers were oversaturated, causing failed connections for everyone. I doubt even they are stupid enough to actually rely on both the end user's internet and the online servers being stable enough to carry their game.

Besides...three xbox one's? I kinda fell asleep during that presentation, but wasn't one one going to be enough for all the developers' needs? I'm pretty sure I saw some of those guys being enthusiastic about it. :unsure:

EDIT: hmm...I was going make a remark on 'damage control', as this news coincided with the one on used game policy, but...that thread seems to be disappeared. Was the article incorrect? :unsure:

Wizerzak likes this.
  4. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    I am not going to buy an Xbox one.
    But, if any of you do, then I'm going to abandon all hope left in humanity.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Even if they jack in all the eyebrow raising policies (a situation that still seems rather fluid) and it becomes just another standing target for developers?

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    If they try this I can guarantee the xbox one will never be popular here.

7. Veho

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    It was merged with the other used games thread.

8. KingdomBlade

KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Apr 24, 2009
    In Vulpes' Fur
    The internet in my country is godawful, and I'm sure there are a lot of people from lots of countries who have the same godawful internet that we do. I don't want to wait 3 hours to fucking load a new map. I think I'll pass.

9. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    Why only 3x, the cloud is infinity. XD

These awesome news keep on coming. :P

10. Range-TE

Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 9, 2008
    Indonesia
    Cloud huh, never liked that idea of Cloud gaming mostly cause my internet cant handle things like OnLive.

Didn't like the XboxVCR during presentation, still not liking it now. will wait til i actually see it to judge it though

11. mr deez

mr deez GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2007
    I know their announcement hasn't been a success, but I'd rather they didn't start lying about stuff.

12. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Download caps hitting the limit in 3.. 2.. 1..

tronic307 likes this.
  13. Veho

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    What are they lying about?

14. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    My internet can probably handle it without much problems, well most people in my city probably can... However the majority of the country has low speeds and bad pings so I don't think cloud gaming is a viable options like they're making it seem. z.z

15. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    An illustration of the Cloud's benefits for Xbone according to our enlightened friends at Neogaf:

[​IMG]

tronic307, Walker D and EZ-Megaman like this.
  16. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    They can't just assume something like that while telling consumers the Xbone will only need to be connected to the internet once every 24 hours, that's impossible. Either that once per 24 hours thing is just for watching TV and other non-game-related functionality and games will have to be always online or this is bullshit. And if you have an inconsistent/crappy (occasional high ping or just plain slow or capped) connection you'll be fucked.

17. mr deez

mr deez GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2007

I do not believe that there will be the computational equivalent of 3 xboxes in the 'cloud' for every one sold. That would be monumentally expensive, and pointless. It's a lie.

18. ForteGospel

ForteGospel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    You can't prove otherwise so it's your opinion against their statement.... everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if it's based on crap.

19. mr deez

mr deez GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2007

Of course, that's what I think, I'm more than capable of talking rubbish though.... Either way, it's a nonsense statement.

20. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Cloud computing, eh? I guess the sky really is the limit.