ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
image_34613.jpg

Microsoft is provisioning the Developers with Cloud computing for the equivalent of 3 Xbox Ones for extra power.

"We're provisioning for developers for every physical Xbox One we build, we're provisioning the CPU and storage equivalent of three Xbox Ones on the cloud," he said. "We're doing that flat out so that any game developer can assume that there's roughly three times the resources immediately available to their game, so they can build bigger, persistent levels that are more inclusive for players. They can do that out of the gate."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54748/xbox-one...e-equivalent-of-three-xbox-ones-in-the-cloud/

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
...while at the same time saying that it will "only" need to connect to the internet every 24 hours? Right.

Not sure what they're hoping to achieve, but I doubt it'll work. Suppose you're a game developer. If you want your game to be extra-graphic intensive, you will require a constant, reliable and fast internet connection of your gamers. If not, it'll start stuttering, or downright refuse to work. And with that previous statement, microsoft isn't to blame (it's not our fault that this game requires a network connection). And that'll make your audience mad in a very income-heavy way.

And then I haven't even talked about simcity yet. EA lied about it needing the connection to do calculations online, but still their servers were oversaturated, causing failed connections for everyone. I doubt even they are stupid enough to actually rely on both the end user's internet and the online servers being stable enough to carry their game.

Besides...three xbox one's? I kinda fell asleep during that presentation, but wasn't one one going to be enough for all the developers' needs? I'm pretty sure I saw some of those guys being enthusiastic about it. :unsure:

EDIT: hmm...I was going make a remark on 'damage control', as this news coincided with the one on used game policy, but...that thread seems to be disappeared. Was the article incorrect? :unsure:

Reactions: Wizerzak

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not going to buy an Xbox one.
But, if any of you do, then I'm going to forgo all hope left in humanity.

Even if they jack in all the eyebrow raising policies (a situation that still seems rather fluid) and it becomes just another standing target for developers?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
EDIT: hmm...I was going make a remark on 'damage control', as this news coincided with the one on used game policy, but...that thread seems to be disappeared. Was the article incorrect? :unsure:
It was merged with the other used games thread.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Cloud huh, never liked that idea of Cloud gaming mostly cause my internet cant handle things like OnLive.

Didn't like the XboxVCR during presentation, still not liking it now. will wait til i actually see it to judge it though

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My internet can probably handle it without much problems, well most people in my city probably can... However the majority of the country has low speeds and bad pings so I don't think cloud gaming is a viable options like they're making it seem. z.z

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They can't just assume something like that while telling consumers the Xbone will only need to be connected to the internet once every 24 hours, that's impossible. Either that once per 24 hours thing is just for watching TV and other non-game-related functionality and games will have to be always online or this is bullshit. And if you have an inconsistent/crappy (occasional high ping or just plain slow or capped) connection you'll be fucked.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not believe that there will be the computational equivalent of 3 xboxes in the 'cloud' for every one sold. That would be monumentally expensive, and pointless. It's a lie.
You can't prove otherwise so it's your opinion against their statement.... everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if it's based on crap.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't prove otherwise so it's your opinion against their statement.... everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if it's based on crap.

Of course, that's what I think, I'm more than capable of talking rubbish though.... Either way, it's a nonsense statement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr