Xbox Classic Custom sometimes turns off after 1 hour or more of random play

maximecool92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, as the title explains, it sometimes happens during a game that the console suddenly turns off as if I had disconnected the power and even the led of the console also completely extinguished it is random and if I press the button it lights up normally, it happens that it cuts like this in game only but not all the time.
In my opinion it can be two things either the temperature or a problem related to the hardware

To help me know more here are the details of my console:

Boot BIOS is Evo X.

The Dash is Bmc4Gamer

in the hard disk there is also xblastos tool

Here are the temperatures without playing in xblastos:

CPU: 59°
Board: 47°

(in my home is 26°)

BMC4GAMER settings (games are launched via bmc4gamer) :
Automatic temperature control: disabled
Fan speed at least 2%
set temperature 55°
fan speed control enabled
fan speed 40%

hard drive section:
power level management: low
acoustic level management: silencer

According to you, has the settings changed concerning the fan or hard drive ? Is it normal that hard drive is in low power setting? because inside it's a big 2tb (2000gb) hard drive, don't ask me how it's modified inside because it wasn't me who customized the console or the settings so I won't be able to explain it to you better.

Edit: sorry for my bad english i used google translate
Edit 2: this console I have only used since yesterday

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a "Xbox Classic Custom"? :unsure:
Anyway, i've never heard of that dash "Bmc4Gamer".. Also, the heat temps shouldn't be a concern at all for the Original Xbox, so don't worry about it. Unless the thermal paste is completely dry or something then the system wouldn't even boot at that point..
Since you just got this system (modded), maybe it's just faulty. It sounds like a power supply problem (can't help you there), since it looses power suddenly and erratically..
You could open up the system and inspect components etc. What sata adapter he used, ide cable etc. And the power supply for any caps etc.

maximecool92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyway, i've never heard of that dash "Bmc4Gamer".. Also, the heat temps shouldn't be a concern at all for the Original Xbox, so don't worry about it. Unless the thermal paste is completely dry or something then the system wouldn't even boot at that point..
Since you just got this system (modded), maybe it's just faulty. It sounds like a power supply problem (can't help you there), since it looses power suddenly and erratically..
You could open up the system and inspect components etc. What sata adapter he used, ide cable etc. And the power supply for any caps etc.

=> Xbox original(from 2000s)

Anyway, i've never heard of that dash "Bmc4Gamer".

=> serious ? is popular , is this dash : https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2700&sid=233b38088c371aa3cb9af7a9955926dd

maybe it's just faulty. It sounds like a power supply problem

=>
I modified parameters and it did not redo after 2 hours of game session sesson, so are you really a hardware failure because I have doubts seen it has not restarted since setting changes

which I modified:
power of the hard drive at maximum (by default it was on low) and also silent I changed to fast
and finally the fan speed from 40 to 70

And since this it hasn't happened again, playing 2 hours at conker bad fur day without a cut, so what do you think it would have been due to? Are you still sure that it comes from power, since it hasn't started again since I touched everything without really knowing what I was doing?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modified parameters and it did not redo after 2 hours of game session sesson, so are you really a hardware failure because I have doubts seen it has not restarted since setting changes which I modified:
How could you leave such an important detail? Well that might be it. What settings you changed and where?
Also, do you get a green light at all after you press the power button? Do you hear it turn on, fan spinning etc.?
power of the hard drive at maximum (by default it was on low) and also silent I changed to fast
and finally the fan speed from 40 to 70
You shouldn't mess with either the fan speed or power to the hdd.

Anyway, i think these settings are saved to some .ini file somewhere on the hdd, and you have to unplug it and plug it to your computer and delete that file to get it working as it was. If it is a settings problem that is..
If you changed these settings in the dash, go to its folder directory and search for the corresponding file and open it in an notepad and you should see which settings you had. Back it up somewhere in your computer, and delete the one that's on Xbox's hdd, just to be safe..

maximecool92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How could you leave such an important detail? Well that might be it. What settings you changed and where?
Also, do you get a green light at all after you press the power button? Do you hear it turn on, fan spinning etc.?

You shouldn't mess with either the fan speed or power to the hdd.

Anyway, i think these settings are saved to some .ini file somewhere on the hdd, and you have to unplug it and plug it to your computer and delete that file to get it working as it was. If it is a settings problem that is..
If you changed these settings in the dash, go to its folder directory and search for the corresponding file and open it in an notepad and you should see which settings you had. Back it up somewhere in your computer, and delete the one that's on Xbox's hdd, just to be safe..
however I had specified it on my first message before you answered it, I do not understand what you said, knowing that I had said in detail about dash, the default settings and temperature, or you lost your glasses.

no has never had a problem has always had a green light as soon as it is switched on even in game if you will have read me in my first message I said that about an hour of play it cut off and off suddenly without no light and effective on the button touy lights normally, the only one chose I did not say that a blue LED on the rear fan because a cumtomized console which I recovered and not by me.

Maybe not, maybe yes, so explain to me why it hasn't started again since I touched it? it's due to the hard drive or the temperature, any idea, didn't you find it weird that the power mode was on low hard drive? maybe this pulled too much power especially was a huge size 2000gb.

If the parameters are well preserved even after reconnecting, in any case on the dash that I mentioned but otherwise it does not make any noise whether it is the hard disk or the fan I do not hear them it remains silent even after and before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1