Xbox & Bethesda announce games showcase for June 12

XboxShowcase2022_FINAL-7c39f15836302c10c9fb.jpg

With E3 canceled for the year, it's likely major publishers will host their own events to showcase their upcoming games. As such, Xbox and Bethesda has just announced they will hold a digital showcase on June 12, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET, streamable on their YouTube, Twitch and other social media pages. "This show will feature amazing titles coming from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, and our partners around the world," reads the blog post, which also mentions that upcoming releases for Game Pass on Xbox and PC will be featured.

While there were no specific titles mentioned, it's likely we'll get some updates on Starfield, Bethesda's long-awaited space RPG, which is set to release on November 11, 2022.

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Starfield coming out this year? Still feels like much farther away.

They have to get through Elder Scrolls first. That said, we might get something Falllout related from Obsidian before then.
Reading this made me think what it must have been like for Obsidian when 76 was about to be announced.

"It's not us :("

The dumpster fire that is still 76 happens and still burning bright today.

"Thank fuck It's not us :)"

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're all forgetting one thing: Bethesda is a huge company and, aside from that steaming pile of crap called Fallout 76, they still publish games that sell well (Doom 2016, Wolfenstein 2 and Doom Eternal, anyone?)

Woot! There's a whopping three games there.

I personally do not give a rats ass about anything Bethesda related unless it's a new Evil Within.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Woot! There's a whopping three games there.

I personally do not give a rats ass about anything Bethesda related unless it's a new Evil Within.
Oh, I forgot to mention a little game called FALLOUT 4. Over 13 million copies sold across multiple consoles. How about that? :rofl2:

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I forgot to mention a little game called FALLOUT 4. Over 13 million copies sold across multiple consoles. How about that? :rofl2:

Sales numbers are a garbage comparison. Becasue something has high sales, does not make it good. It only makes it popular, and most likely due to heavy marketing. A couple of the highest selling albums of 2021 were from Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift. I suppose they're some of the best "musicians" in the world according to you then? Reviews are the same and mean next to nothing. Both seem to have pretty good reviews on Amazon saying they're the best albums people have heard in their entire life. So I guess based on album sales and reviews, I better go right out and buy those albums! You want to laugh, but the only thing really laughable is your flawed response. 13 million copies sold and I still don't give a rats ass about it. Kinda like how I don't give a rats ass about artists on the Billboard charts. How about that? :rofl2:

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, can start my day now that I finally know this. Thanks!

It's called an opinion, knobhead. Becasue you have never made a single opinion, on anything, ever, here at gbatemp or elsewhere. Right? LMFAO! What exactly was your point? Are you trying to say that I should not share my opinions here becasue they don't matter to you? If so, please do explain why you are so entitled to share yours, yet someone else is not. What a hypocrite. Get back to me when you have a worthy debate or something at least semi-better than your last pointless & hypocritical post. Before you go around making like others shouldn't be sharing any of their thoughts, first make sure you aren't sharing any of your own. Pretty simple to figure out... for most people.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,
  • Haha
Reactions: sroemr

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's called an opinion, knobhead. Becasue you have never made a single opinion, on anything, ever, here at gbatemp or elsewhere. Right? LMFAO! What exactly was your point? Are you trying to say that I should not share my opinions here becasue they don't matter to you? If so, please do explain why you are so entitled to share yours, yet someone else is not. What a hypocrite. Get back to me when you have a worthy debate or something at least semi-better than your last pointless & hypocritical post. Before you go around making like others shouldn't be sharing any of their thoughts, first make sure you aren't sharing any of your own. Pretty simple to figure out... for most people.
You sound like my 8 year old. I don't debate with him either. Good luck with Evil Within 3.

• Haha
Reactions: Stone_Wings

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sound like my 8 year old. I don't debate with him either. Good luck with Evil Within 3.

You sound like someone who jumped into the middle of a conversation, talked shit for absolutely zero reason, then ran away crying when confronted & had nothing left to say to defend their actions with.

And thanks! There's still a chance since Ghostwire originally started out as Evil Within 3. :)

Last edited by Stone_Wings,

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The elder scrolls: skyrim: Microsoft bought us out Edition LET'S GOOO !!!
Xbox Series S/X port with Master Chief armor and Energy Sword similar to the Halo items in Fable II (called "Hal's [item]").
As if they didn't have IPs to work before this buy. MS thinks that creating is the same as acquiring.
Bethesda literally claimed to have invented first person shooters because they bought id Software.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like any other company would write it differently, Sony fanboy.
I do think they make a fair point at least in regard to what became of Rare almost immediately after Microsoft acquired them. How could a studio that was releasing hit after hit so quickly become so mediocre after Microsoft's acquisition? Perhaps some of it is that they were simply best equipped for the 32/64bit generation. Where the games didn't need to be super polished, but could still ooze charm and personality, but Star Fox Adventures was pretty solid too, so I'm more inclined to say it has something to do with when Microsoft took control of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone