"Xbox 720" about to begin into Development?

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxtpx288FuY[/youtube]​

It seems Microsoft may be starting development on its next Xbox console.

Recent job postings on networking website LinkedIn, first discovered by Beyond3D, reveal the company is hiring positions to work on next-generation console architectures in its Xbox division.

A Graphics Architect position for Xbox hardware calls for someone to lead a team responsible for "defining and delivering next generation console architectures from conception through implementation."

Additionally, an open Senior Engineer position seeks someone for "development and verification of the Xbox and future platforms," while a third posting for a Senior Performance Architect will be involved in "product definition from early evaluation all the way through high volume manufacturing."

Microsoft began work on the current Xbox 360 architecture back in 2003 with the console releasing in 2005. If the two-year development cycle continues, and if these job postings prove to be accurate, the earliest we'll see Microsoft's next console will be 2012 or 2013. [/p]

icon11.gif
Source
Credits to IGN and NextGenTactics

Your thoughts?

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
bullshit,too soon to release the console considering Kinect barely came out
besides,Microsoft themselves said they'd give the console 5 more Years because of Kinect...so yeah
i call bullshit

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Somewhere in Iwata Asks, I'm pretty sure they said they start working on the successor of the current console as soon as they release the current one. So they're already working on a Wii successor, even if it won't come out anytime soon.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Presto99 said:
Somewhere in Iwata Asks, I'm pretty sure they said they start working on the successor of the current console as soon as they release the current one. So they're already working on a Wii successor, even if it won't come out anytime soon.
And I'm also sure Iwata had said they wouldn't make a wii successor as long as designers come up with an original idea. (as in motion control on wii, 3d on 3ds)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Presto99 said:

Not the developing or anything. But just planning, like what they should do, what they want to do, what can they do. Basically a bunch of doodles on a stickynote.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
i didn't go gaga for Xbox :c
but i fucking love it,so much i haven't touched my wii since then
I don't think you classify as a mainstream gamer. Do you only play Call of Duty and Halo online and hate Nintendo, retro games and JRPGs?

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
IMO, I see this happening. They have to start at some point and there's no harm in getting concepts done now, right?
Even with Kinect out at the moment and their supposed plan to keep it around for 5 years there's no telling what may change in plans from here and to then.

Being an owner of the 360 I don't think I see myself buying this and paying for more subscriptions to Live when all I play is "Blops", Modern Warfare 2, and Netflix (assuming Live will still work the same way). v_v

I was one who made a poor choice to follow my friends and hardly ever playing with them... Man oh man the PSN looks good to me now!

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt mind a new console.but if we dont get one its not a problem.the only thing im concerned about are the games.truthfully i havent played my xbox or ps3 for a good amount of time since october and before that probably like june.the past like 2 years just havent caught my attention with the games,i dont mean some of the game were bad cuz of course COD and Halo arent but i just havent had the fun i used to anymore.i dont know if its cuz im getting older but thats just the way i feel.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
darkreaperofdreams said:
I don't think you classify as a mainstream gamer. Do you only play Call of Duty and Halo online and hate Nintendo, retro games and JRPGs?
I love the 360, I play COD and Halo, but I love Nintendo and retro games. JRPGs are OK. Turn based ones are a borefest (with the exception of CT and FF6).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
machomuu said:
darkreaperofdreams said:

I love the 360, I play COD and Halo, but I love Nintendo and retro games. JRPGs are OK. Turn based ones are a borefest (with the exception of CT and FF6).
Exactly, you don't exactly classify. Mainstream gamers are basically:
Ugh...I'm going to end this before it gets out of hand. The CoD/Halo/Xbox/PS3 playing gamers are called mainstream (or FPS) gamers for the most part (there are the special few that aren't). These guys tend to flock to what's popular, 90% of the time only FPS's, and most of the time reject other games, genres, and Nintendo (so no Final Fantasy, no Mario, No Pokemon...No Phoenix Wright). They make up more than 80% of modern gamers and 95% of the time have nearly nonexistant taste in games simply because they don't need them, as they buy what looks cool.
Surely they can survive for a few more years even with the PS4.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"about to begin"

If the development (even if they just kept a couple of engineers and others as a think tank / futurist type project) did not start years ago I would say MS dropped the ball in a huge way (as in brace for a "sell sell sell" call)- I see forecasts up to around the decade mark at minimum for graphics technologies, chip technologies and a myriad of other useful fields to the would be console manufacturer.

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i don't love nor hate anything,just think something too overrated is something not deserved to be played
or that i'm too old to live in the NES era(i love retro games,but we're in a new gen,and there's no turning back,new generations,new consoles,new ways of gaming,or at least i like to see it like that)

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's the problem? Consoles usually get five successful years before the next one comes anyway.

NES: 1986-1991

SNES: 1991-1996

N64: 1996-2001

Gamecube: 2001-2006

Wii: 2006-?

Xbox 1: 2001-2006

360: 2006(well, ALMOST 2006)-?

That's BS saying any current-gen console won't be suceeded until 2013.

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
and why didn't you count PSX or PS2?
PS2 has been in the market over 10 years now...and if my memory doesn't fail to respond i remember publishers making still games for it last year

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
and why didn't you count PSX or PS2?
PS2 has been in the market over 10 years now...and if my memory doesn't fail to respond i remember publishers making still games for it last year
I think he was trying to make a point about the Xbox's life and because Nintendo has so many past generation systems it was the best example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL