XBox 360 External Drive Issue XK3Y

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by GamerZone360, Dec 4, 2018.

1. GamerZone360
    OP

GamerZone360 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    Hey there everyone, newbie here but had a question about Xbox 360 and XK3Y. I have two systems (Phat and Slim) both using the XK3Y setup and after some system updates the external drive is not be recognized any more. I have taken both boxes apart and going over the wiring, but if they were were before wiring isn't be an issues. Can anyone confirm if this mod is still working for the 360?

My External HD Info:

120GB NTFS
    Root\Games Folder with ISO inside.

When I connect the drive to xk3y dongle, it no longer says Mix Media. Any feedback and help would be really appreciated. Thank you for your time and help on this matter.

2. GamerZone360
    OP

GamerZone360 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2018
    United States
    Hey all, just wanted to report back that my Phat 360 is back in business again after FW update. If anyone is interested let me know, thanks all!

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    If reinstalling firmware and reseating the small FCC cable that goes to the Xkey USB dongle (not remote) doesn't work then it's likely your harddrive is to blame.

Make sure to keep a copy of your settings on the root of the harddrive.
    That way you can easily upgrade the FW in the future without having to reconfigure it.