• Replies 390
  • Likes 58

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is that the WON version of HL1? In that one liblist.gam has a different library name in it. Try replacing it with this one and delete gameinfo.txt if it's there.
Technically it's not officially supported in the new engine, but it should probably work since we have our own game libraries.
It's the GOTY Edition, 1998.
Will check the edited liblist.gam when I get home

Reactions: tpax

fgsfds

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I would still probably recommend using the Steam version since I don't know how well the older ones will actually work.

deejay87

Trophies
Website
deejay87.fr
XP
Country
France
Possible to hide he fps on top right ?

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 197

fgsfds

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Open xash3d/valve/config.cfg, change cl_showfps from 1 to 0. Alternatively enter cl_showfps 0 in the console and hit A.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do not have a Steam version to test but GOY and WON are booting by editing liblist.gam. However it is impossible to finish the beginning where you are in the train, the train does not want to go down at the first elevator and you are stuck inside.

Saves are getting corrupt too :(

fgsfds

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yeah, I'm guessing new engine (or the current version of hlsdk-xash3d) isn't compatible with those then. I'll poke around and see if anything can be done about this.

Last edited by fgsfds,
Reactions: CrashMidnick

fgsfds

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It was in fact a problem with the Switch port. It couldn't correctly read more than one map from a .pak file because of a build setting that I forgot to disable.
New hotfix release (download link).
Only fixes that problem (hopefully). Also comes with the "proper" liblist.gam in case you're not using the Steam version of HL. Only the NRO has changed, so if you had the previous version installed, only replace that and the valve folder.
That being said, there still might be problems with the WON version that I don't know about. Use the Steam version if you can.

Last edited by fgsfds,

fgsfds

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yeah, you can test if it still appears. Not sure if anything's changed on that front.
@cucholix Actually, can you test these and see if the issue still appears? Extract archive to your xash3d folder and replace everything.

Attachments

• xash3d-fix-test.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 193
Last edited by fgsfds,
Reactions: cucholix

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was in fact a problem with the Switch port. It couldn't correctly read more than one map from a .pak file because of a build setting that I forgot to disable.
New hotfix release (download link).
Only fixes that problem (hopefully). Also comes with the "proper" liblist.gam in case you're not using the Steam version of HL. Only the NRO has changed, so if you had the previous version installed, only replace that and the valve folder.
That being said, there still might be problems with the WON version that I don't know about. Use the Steam version if you can.

working great now with GOTY edition, load/save are working fine too (tested about 10 saves and loads no problem anymore). I went until the end of the experience, no crash on my side with only the hotfix.

I will test more tomorrow. Many thanks for your work, very appreciated.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, you can test if it still appears. Not sure if anything's changed on that front.
@cucholix Actually, can you test these and see if the issue still appears? Extract archive to your xash3d folder and replace everything.
Did a stress test entering/exiting a loading spot, it didn't crash after like 10 attemps, but it went to a black screen in the 11th attemp, it left a fatal.log in the xash3d folder
Code:
Fatal error: Mem_Free: not allocated or double freed (free at ../engine/common/model.c:110)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: My wife's doctor prescribed her a ointment for kne pain