Gaming X-oom for Wii

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm intrigued, but not really too keen on having to install software onto my PC so that the media can be streamed to the Wii. Nice to see it supports DivX/xvid.

I'm just thinking about whether the client software on the Wii could be exploitable in any way...

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has existed for free since the Wii come out using Orb software

Yeah, Orb works ok. Been using it for the last few weeks. Doing music and photos is fine - video not so good. I got a fast connection at home and the Orb video streaming is choppy like crazy.

The article mentioned that X-OOM will be 29.95 pounds!!! Better be very good considering that Orb is free!!!

I'd love to have a nice video streaming app for the Wii - it'll save me doing so many DVD movie burns
wink.gif

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does this X-oom thing have a client on the Wii, or does it just use the web browser like that Orb thing people have mentioned?

Taka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, it seems like an Ok solution for people who solely own a Wii. But no support for H264 as far as I can tell. I'd also rather stream stuff via a wired connection (alot more stable IMO.) I think I'll still be sticking to XBMC. =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.