Gaming X and Y Shiny Pokemon.

allanj87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any1 with a shiny magikarp or ghastly/haunter/gengar pm me please you have your pick of my Pokémon for it/them

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They used to, but since generation 3 (RSE) this isn't the case anymore. There is a single data which tells if the pokemon is shiny or not. Otherwise we could 'breed' shinies with IV passing and such.
They don't depend on certain IVs, but both IVs and shininess (and everything else) depend on the personal value. A specific nature + IV set + shiny may actually be impossible.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A new method for users to scan their pokémon's details via wifi has emerged, Instacheck.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/instacheck-hotspot-a-fast-pokémon-checker-for-xy.3492531/

Something such as a laptop with a wired connection not making use of its wireless adapter can be set up as an access point for your 3DS.
At which point your 3DS connects to the virtual router and you use the Instacheck application to scan incoming and outgoing pokémon during a trade.
If during a trade you simply show a pokémon, the program can report every last detail about it, such as its IVs, EVs, Trainer ID, Secret ID, Trainer Shiny Value and Pokémon Shiny Value.

What is the significance of this? In a nutshell, if you have a ton of eggs, like Timid Protean Froakie Eggs for example, you can check their IVs and Pokémon Shiny Value before hatching it.
If it happens to be a 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Timid Froakie with the ability Protean, and you know its Pokémon Shiny Value, you can trade it to a Trainer with a matching Trainer Shiny Value, who can hatch this amazing Froakie into a SHINY FROAKIE.

If one person is running Instacheck, they will be able to determine their own Trainer Shiny Value with any pokémon they have caught, and likewise be able to determine their trade partner's Shiny Value too with a pokémon they caught.
I found out that my Trainer Shiny Value is 3468. Shiny Values range from 0 to 4095, so on the 1 in 4096 chance that one of your excellent eggs has a Pokémon Shiny Value of 3468, I would be able to hatch it as shiny for you, neat eh?

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Got 2 shiny inkays by chaining. The first one had the wrong nature so it ruined my purpose for it :<
(But I found another use for it, so it doesnt really matters)

However the second one is pretty good and how I wanted it! <3 (now its a shiny Malamar :3)

Im chaining for a shiny skiddo, then probably a pancham and furfrou <3

Also, anyone here who has caught shinies via chaining, can they confirm if those shinies caught by chaining have atleast 2 perfect IVs? The 2 shiny inkays I got have 2 perfect IVs (like safari pokemons) and I dont think its a coincidence....

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
In the past half an hour, I've got 2 Shiny Horseas, 1 shiny Relicanth, 2 Shiny Skrelp and 1 Shiny Dragalge.

Willing to trade any of the above (except 1 Dragalge) for Shiny Inkay, Skiddo or Clauncher.

XDD

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Got a shiny Skiddo at a 18 chain.... :D

But damn, chaining on a patch of flowers is pretty hard. i get confused. I had appeared another shiny patch when chaining pancham (was at 27 chain there) and since the camera was in an odd angle, I blew it....

Well, doesnt matter, I will get him later; got a shiny skiddo with good nature <3 (never leave without synchronize ability)

Also good luck to you people who hatch for shinies, hope you hatch one soon :)

EDIT: I checked this skiddos IVs and it didnt had any perfect ones like the other 2 shinies I got by chaining.
I wonder if you can get 2 shinies per chain if you get a shiny before reaching 40, since this shiny seems that was a real random ecounter, rather than one ecountered after 40 chains.

Couldnt test, since I broke the chain where I got my skiddo at 31....
Depending on how this skiddo stats turn out in the end, I will chain for another one (yes, im crazy like that)

Reactions: DarkKnigh_t

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The instacheck method worked out awesome for my friend.
I found out her Trainer Shiny Value from a Sandile she traded me, and found someone with a Fennekin egg with a matching Shiny Value.
I got said egg off this person, traded it to my friend, she hatched it, and now she has a shiny Fennekin with 21/0/31/31/31/31 IVs, Modest Nature, and the hidden ability Magician, how sweet is that? Not one bit of hacking.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Nice RupeeClock! Me and a friend are trying to do that. Our Shiny IDs were pretty close one time. Mine is 393 and his was 35x. We got an egg with a 377 ID...

Anyway, I got a shiny pancham via chaining. Not even reached to 40, but it appeared :D
Same scenario as my skiddo earlier on o.O

Couldnt test my theory because the chain broke at 27...I guess I cant concentrate after catching the shiny xD

Reactions: RupeeClock

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
So yeah, reporting back. I managed to chain and get a shiny furfrou. It appeared on chain 35. I managed to get to 40 to test my theory and it seems its wrong. You can only get 1 shiny per chain (continue to reset pokeradar for about 30 mins and didnt got another shiny patch). Now I need to check this furfrous Ivs to see if any of the are perfect, because im wondering if getting to 40 chains and getting a shiny on a chain of 40+ yields perfect ivs.

Also, just hatched a shiny noibat using what rupeeclock did with that shiny fennekin :3
So awesome.

Also for hatchers hatching for shinies. Normally, the chance to get a shiny is between a number of 0 to 4100something. When you receive an egg, it randomly generates a number, and if it matches your trainer shiny value, you will hatch it shiny :3 So it seems true the chances of getting shiny pokemon has been increased.

I wonder what are the factors that make it more likely to encounter one, as my past 3 shinies chained, I managed to get them on chains lower than 40.
However, I really dont know how masuda method increased the chances here.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Recently, I scored a random Gligar egg off someone which hatched as shiny, I got to keep that one.
And I helped someone to hatch their shiny Protean Froakie, in exchange I ended up getting a nice 4 IV Protean Froakie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?