Hacking wwt+wit: Wiimms WBFS+ISO Tools

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--modify=BOOT will require fakesigning as it edits data inside the signed partition. and IDK why you are using "NONE".

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
--modify=BOOT will require fakesigning as it edits data inside the signed partition. and IDK why you are using "NONE".OK, no boot only disc.
witNONE Disable all patching objects. This is needed to disable all and then enable some, like: NONE,DISC,BOOT
wit edit game.iso --id=0SB01 --name "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" --modify NONE,DISC

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
boot is part of partition data. Changing boot will change checksums and fake signing is needed. You can only change the not signed disc header without fake signing:
--id --name --region --modify=disc
http://wit.wiimm.de/opt/modify

And the additionally byte in the region part are age numbers parental control) for different (european?) countries. Wit set it to '00' to allow all.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
wiimms-tools.png

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools v1.28a - 2011-03-04
A command line ISO+WBFS tool set for various os.

WIT (Wiimms ISO Tools) is a set of command line tools to manipulate Wii ISO images and WBFS containers. The two main tools are called wit (Wiimms ISO Tool) and wwt (Wiimms WBFS Tool, the WBFS manager).

Feature overview:
Visit http://wit.wiimm.de/features.html for more details.

Download of the current version:

There are also some GUI available:

Highlights of this release:

• I have rewritten the user interface of all diff variants (raw, scrubbed, file level). The meaning of the options is more homogeneously and all three variants supports different verbose levels from silent upto hexdump.
  • This release is the first one with an installer for Windows. The script "windows-install.bat" will copy all files to a programs sub folder Wiimm\WIT and setup some application paths in the windows registry. I have tested it only with Windows XP. To enable it remove all previous self made installations.
    THIS INSTALLER IS DEFINITELY BETA!

Change log:

Code:
wit v1.28a r2336 - 2011-03-04

- wfuse --version: Print FUSE versions too.
- New option: wfuse --create: If the mount point does not exist, create it
ÂÂ and remove it on unmount.
- New option: wfuse --remount: If the mount point is already mounted, try
ÂÂ silently to unmount it first.
- New option: --include-first: Include lists takes take precedence over
ÂÂ exclude lists.
- New option: "wwt ADD --sync-all": Use include and exclude lists only for
ÂÂ creating the sync list.
- "wit DIFF/FDIFF": The diff output was changed completely. The options
ÂÂ --quit, --verbose, --file-limit, --limit, --block-size and --long allow
ÂÂ fine control. The output is now homogeneously in all three modes RAW,
ÂÂ SCRUBBED and FILES. Option --section is supported for each log level.
ÂÂ Hidden option --OLD enables the old diff layout for compatibility.
- New: "wdf +cmp": Compare WDF, CISO and WIA files with other sources.
- wit DUMP: Print version of "System Menu" if update partition found.
- There is now a Windows installer (BETA): windows-install.bat
ÂÂ Please remove old self made installations of WIT.

Known bugs:

- The GameCube support is in development and EXPERIMENTAL!
- There are new problems while reading from non seekable sources (e.g. pipes).
ÂÂ The reason is the complete new and more intelligent wiidisc lib which makes
ÂÂ more lookups ==> The best is to use version 1.01c for pipes.

The source is published under the license of GPL2. Checkout the sources directly from the SVN repository or browse the source. Visit http://wit.wiimm.de/ for more information.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@Wiimm,

Thanks for the update of v1.28a.

There is a small bug in the "system-menu.txt"

480 = 4.2K => should be 480 = 4.2J

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really a newbie here.

Has anyone tried wiibafu on Ubuntu 10.04?

I have a problem with it. When I connect my USB drive (WD Passport 320GB) with a WBFS partition, ubuntu does not mount it properly. It just mount the WDsmartware partition. So, my problem is not really with wiibafu, but with ubuntu.

Thank you for any help/suggestions.

noon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to dump all discs from one drive and import them all to another. I see the DUMP command. Not sure how to import the dump to the other drive. Is there an easy way to do this?

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimm said:
I'm not using WiiBaFu and I'm thinking that no one will help you here. Perhaps you ask here: http://wiibafu.codeplex.com/discussions
Thank you. I posted, no reply yet. I thought since WiiBafu uses wit, somebody might have a suggestion. I upgraded to ubuntu 10.10 and will try again. Its pity, I have to boot on xp just to use WBFS 3.0. It would be nice to have a reliable and good GUI WBFS manager for ubuntu.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
noon said:
I want to dump all discs from one drive and import them all to another. I see the DUMP command. Not sure how to import the dump to the other drive. Is there an easy way to do this?
Are both WBFS drives?

wwt -p DEST_WBFS add SOURCE_WBFS --test

Source and DEST_WBFS and DEST_WBFS are the partitons names like /dev/sdc1.
To find them try: "wwt find" and/or "wwt df"
Option --test enters test mode: It show only what it would do.

Remember to run wwt with admin/root rights.

noon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimm said:
noon said:
Are both WBFS drives?

wwt -p DEST_WBFS add SOURCE_WBFS --test

Source and DEST_WBFS and DEST_WBFS are the partitons names like /dev/sdc1.
To find them try: "wwt find" and/or "wwt df"
Option --test enters test mode: It show only what it would do.

Remember to run wwt with admin/root rights.
Thanks Wiimm. Running now. Strangely though when I had two devices plugged into adjacent usb plugs the 2nd plugged in device refused to mount. Had to use two separate usb controllers to get them mounted simultaneously. Probably something with my pc but thought i'd share

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am giving up on wiibafu. I'll try wiims command line tools. Here is a noob (or a stupid question). How do I install this on ubuntu. Download the tar file, extract and then what? Using SVN repository is easier? Sorry, I did not go through all the 77 pages.

Thank you

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can create a folder in your home directory called bin. then put programs in there. when you log into ubuntu, your startup script says "if there is a bin folder in the home folder, add it to the $PATH". and anything inside that folder you can call by name without using its full path. you can type "echo $PATH" into the terminal and see all the folders it includes. and anything in any of those folders, you can call by name.

i like using the one in the home folder because it belongs to me. you dont need any special privileges to add files or delete them from there. and it doesnt matter to any other users what is in your home folder.

so, you can extract the tarball you downloaded into that folder. or you can built it from the source on the svn and put it there.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, I got it working. But There is a one problem. I tried method 1.1.1 in here http://wit.wiimm.de/info/command-line.html#c-unix but it kept giving error messages. So I just used chmod 666 /dev/sdb1 then I can execute wwt commands. However, after each command I need to type chmod 666 /dev/sdb1 otherwise it keep giving me "
QUOTE said:
!! wwt: ERROR #16 [NO WBFS FOUND] in AnalyzePartitions() @ src/wbfs-interface.c#454
!! no WBFS partitions found -> abort"
error. Also, after changing permission of the partition I could use WiiBafu (no surprise as it uses wiims tools :-) So why does wwt keep resetting permissions. Also, it does not like
QUOTEsudo wwt LS
Did I mess up installing it?

Why am I doing this? I would like to increase my wbfs partition by copying/reformatting/copying.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, sorry to ask but there are over 78 pages of posts....

I have Metroid Prime in discex format for uneek and would like to convert it back to iso/ciso/wbfs (I don't care which). But I don't know how to do it. I think I understand you can with wit. Could someone please post me the command line I would need in order to do so.

Many thanks.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think SNEEK / UNEEK dumps are "FST" dumps. (You can see individual files in the game's folder). If so,
Code:
wit copy x:\game\ x:\game.iso
should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...