Misc WPA supported games?

heri0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm looking for a list of ds games that support WPA. It's pretty lame how the old games are hardcoded to use WEP, and not the wireless connection that the DS chooses, not to mention WEP is totally insecure... so if you guys know which games support WPA that'd be great!

Thanks!

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the games that only support WEP, it's the DS itself. Unless you have a DSi, you are stuck with only being able to connect to WEP networks. WPA is just not possible on a regular DS.

zanxy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Look if DS supports only WEP then its WEP and if you have DSi you shouldn't care cause its not important okay ? This is in games but its in DS.

heri0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they don't...
dry.gif

For example, Tetris only supports WEP.

The DSi supports wireless encryption by WEP, WPA (AES/TKIP), and WPA2 (AES/TKIP), but WPA/2 is only available with DS games built with WPA/2 since the original DS and the DS Lite did not support this type of encryption for wireless networks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DSi#Features

Please get your facts straight....

zanxy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well my tetris works with WPA encrypted network, and if you found list of games that support it on wikipedia then i don't know why do you spam here ?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I know, no games support wpa.
nintendo.com said:
Important note about the Nintendo DSi and WPA security: While the Nintendo DSi is compatible with WPA security, Nintendo DS games with online play still require the use of WEP or no security to connect with the Nintendo WFC. Therefore, your connection settings for using these games must be set up on slots 1-3. If you need more details on using your existing router with our service, please visit the following section on our website:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...rWEPkeyHelp.jsp

It might be limited to dsiware or just the built in browser.

edit: just noticed I bumped a 3 month old thread. seems this section doesn't get updated too often.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hartleyshc said:
as far as I know, no games support wpa.
nintendo.com said:
Important note about the Nintendo DSi and WPA security: While the Nintendo DSi is compatible with WPA security, Nintendo DS games with online play still require the use of WEP or no security to connect with the Nintendo WFC. Therefore, your connection settings for using these games must be set up on slots 1-3. If you need more details on using your existing router with our service, please visit the following section on our website:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...rWEPkeyHelp.jsp

It might be limited to dsiware or just the built in browser.

edit: just noticed I bumped a 3 month old thread. seems this section doesn't get updated too often.
Also a slight bump, but I believe DSi hybrid games (like Rabbids Go Home) are WPA compatible when used in a DSi.

D

Deleted_171835

Gosh. Relax.

Any DSi Exclusive (and I think DSi Enhanced) games support WPA/WPA2. If it's a DSi game, it'll support WPA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1