Hacking wow! SKY3DS breakthrough 10 game limit, which means you can play any games?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I was sarcastic.
A few threads below is the r5 loading more roms.

Oh damn.
I would like to know if that works.
Maybe that way you could afford corrupting saves but getting more than 10 games to load, cuz you could have save backups.
well you can get backups via the diskwriter tool....but i think it would be annoying to have to make backups every time you want to switch games

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah at least people who fell for the 10 game limit thing now won't be forced to buy even more sky3ds card......im sure there will be tools to simplify this soon, or sky3ds might just unlock the card if they left that option in there

Reactions: Idaho

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This confirms that this wasn't a "technical limitation", but just them being greedy.
All indications so far seem to point out that this method is a bit glitchy and unstable.

So untill it gets stabilized, I'll think its safer to say that its a little bit of both.
Yes they're being greedy and could've tried harder to get it to work.
Yes the card has 'issues' with loading 10+ games and sometimes results in freezes or crashes. (as evidenced by video confirmation)

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
makes me laugh how at the end of the steps they write "that's all!" as if that isn't enough faffing about for a few extra games, every time i see something different about this flashcard it seems to be getting worse. soon they'll be asking their customers to hot swap their microsd cards to play a few extra games, it'll be like swap magic for the 3ds......................................sudeki300

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
5b7e0fdd39178dc8d4148618607fc96fb8908a1ea62c04119630f50f349c4ce1.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
All indications so far seem to point out that this method is a bit glitchy and unstable.

So untill it gets stabilized, I'll think its safer to say that its a little bit of both.
Yes they're being greedy and could've tried harder to get it to work.
Yes the card has 'issues' with loading 10+ games and sometimes results in freezes or crashes. (as evidenced by video confirmation)
yeah except that it proves the "logged" info isnt actually needed, its probably buggy because its going against how they programmed it i.e to only play 10 games, im guessing it works something like this
load game header, verify its in the "allowed" log, load game, and by popping the card out at the right time between loading the next header and verifying it it somehow just bypasses the verify part, which would explain why you need one of the 10 logged games between each non verified so it can load, verify,load,eject play

Reactions: Margen67 and Danjal

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, but it seems like the logic of a 5 year old. I doubt anyone is going to go, "Darn, I used up my ten games, better spend $120 more on another flashcart!" but they will say "$120 for 10 games? Screw that, I'll wait for something else that doesn't have a limit."

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay