Hacking Wow, R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition released a new Video..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
What the...?

Who said anything about stealing Gateway's stuffs? (conspiracy theory spoiler: Gateway gave r4i team their new version to test out or got hacked...)

Zelda LBW working!!! Finally!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
What the...?

Who said anything about stealing Gateway's stuffs? (conspiracy theory spoiler: Gateway gave r4i team their new version to test out or got hacked...)

Zelda LBW working!!! Finally!

i believe gateway sell them documentation about how its done

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
thank you devi and kyogre, i had been without internet for some days, so i missed that clone

mary1517

Trophies
Website
www.behance.net
XP
Country
Poland
I don't get the "who releases their update first is the winner" talk. They both achieved the same thing on their own. The GW 2.0 fw is not even out yet, not even for beta tests from what I understand while reading through their official forum, so... why do you say R4 just copied something that isn't out yet? It's not possible. It doesn't matter if GW releases their update tomorrow or R4 does... Things like that are not made in 2 days, all of them where working on it for a long time now for sure, even when we didn't even though about something like "emunand"...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought emuNAND updated to latest system menu version worked only with retail cartridge and eshop.
This video demonstrate a 6.x firmware running R4i deluxe and ROMs. They keep the 4.x kernel access to run flashcard in 6.x, I thought they needed a kernel access/exploit in 6.x for that.
That's a good news that flashcards still work in emuNAND.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought emuNAND updated to latest system menu version worked only with retail cartridge and eshop.
This video demonstrate a 6.x firmware running R4i deluxe and ROMs.

It means either they found how to access kernel on a 6.x firmware, or they know how to keep kernel access when rebooting into emuNAND mode.

The same thing was also demonstrated in the Gateway 3DS team's video. Another thing I'm curious about is how we actually dump the NAND of the 3DS as I didn't see any GUI. Perhaps a button combination. I'm going with the latter of your thoughts. If they got 6.X compatibility I'm sure they'd advertise it to get a ton more sales.

Note that the GW3DS team also mentions that "porting our patches from 4.5 to 6.3 is time consuming and tedious".

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gateway displayed a menu with NAND dumping option.
GW_main.jpg
I don't know about R4i deluxe, maybe they have a menu too.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that Nintendo may have blocked their system :unsure: or maybe they set an unsupported country. This was the message "This service is not available in your region"

Dang. I guess there goes my hope that they could force/spoof the 3ds to letting you hit the Asia eshop, from a US 3ds.
Well....I guess there's possibly a chance in the future as these cards get more update/development. (or 10 years from now if someone figures out how to decrypt/dump eshop titles) :P

szh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
3DSLink just updated their website with a link to their new video showing the 3DSLink running Batman and Zelda successfully, as well as (failing to get into the) eShop in exactly the same way! Hmmm...

...it's like they're not really trying to hide that they're identical clones, are they? :P

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, i'm happy to grab the R4i. eshop games are just icing on top of the cake that is all the normal 3ds games. Even if R4i CAN"T get the eshop working at this exact moment, I can wait for a future update/rebuild of GW's update file.

Maybe they have a developer working for both groups, without them knowing he's doing that. Capitalism=profit? lol

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
No...
R4i and 3DS Link are clones of GW, but not the same exact thing. R4i and 3DS Link are actually the same cart, they reconfirmed this once again with their website update.
They do same thing and build in 99% same way. So they are equal. Except the price :D
Not talking about shell quality, since it's not a deal breaker.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They do same thing and build in 99% same way. So they are equal. Except the price :D
Not talking about shell quality, since it's not a deal breaker.

No, they don't. They have yet to show a GUI to perform the NAND backup; they didn't mention anything about ROM backups; and if Gateway manages to get Card2 games to work, the clones will have once again less compatibility than GW. Also, the fact that they couldn't enter to the eShop in their video was a really stupid move on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E