Hacking Wow, R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition released a new Video..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
First post is a little misleading, along with the broken engrish quote, "at the end of video, 3DS console system is changed to "6.3.0-12 E", seemed obvious to me they are running those games on 6.3, was 4.3, then laucher would have redirected to an already updated to 6.3 EmuNAND, they arent running the new games on 4.3, they are running them on a 4.3 3DS,
1. Nand is backed up to SD, probably via some installer, launcher will redirect to here
2. launcher instead of dropping back to menu, reroutes to load Nand of 4.3 off SD
3. EmuNAND is updated to 6.3
4. Run games via EmuNAND

Seems these guys are quicker than GW, even though they might have used their laucher originally, props to them for porting all the reqed patches etc to 6.3 to allow Backup play via the EmuNAND, people also getting confused, they may be able to port patches to newest fw, but no way to exploit to get them to work, Via EmuNAND they have kernel access so are able to do whatever they want and are capable of, makes sense to just allow all the sdk 5.x games to function and worry about X/Y,ACNL later if thats the issue, R4i should add anti-original protection, to stop Gateway using their laucher.... ROFL

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah, but smea is not using a flashcart in his video.

Did you asked for EmuNAND functions related to flashcards? In any case, this function is not dependent of any gamecard insterted, unless the developer decides to do so.

and about gateway's, this means that the gateway team already has a tool capable of run zelda, since have already shown a sdk 5.x game running in emunanded fw 6.x

It must be capable of that, hoerver this game was not build on SDK > 5.X

R4i should add anti-original protection, to stop Gateway using their laucher.... ROFL

If they don't do that and release their firmware before Gateway, then everyone without their (or any) flashcart will abuse of the NAND feature, just like we guessed that would happen when Gateway release theirs.
Edit: "anti original protection"... I got the joke 3 hours later... I feel like a Slowpoke :wacko:

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems these guys are quicker than GW, even though they might have used their laucher originally, props to them for porting all the reqed patches etc to 6.3 to allow Backup play via the EmuNAND, people also getting confused, they may be able to port patches to newest fw, but no way to exploit to get them to work, Via EmuNAND they have kernel access so are able to do whatever they want and are capable of, makes sense to just allow all the sdk 5.x games to function and worry about X/Y,ACNL later if thats the issue, R4i should add anti-original protection, to stop Gateway using their laucher.... ROFL

This.

I don't get how R4i was considered a clone in the first place. They have a different PCB layout, a better ACTEL chip, a shell without holes and i think no LED(?). They may have used GW's leaked and decrypted Launcher 1.0 but so did smealum (is he a clone too?). This Video is proof that they can do something on their own, if R4i 2.0 update wasn't proof enough.

In conlusion:

Gateway: first card (used a long known exploit)
R4i Deluxe whatever: second card (able to exist after GW's initial work)
3DS Link: R4i Clone/Brand
Orange 3DS: R4i Clone/Brand i guess (if it even exists)

guyver2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I think I'm going with the R4I version now. I love their products and updates. They got a great rep.
Oh and the price is great too!

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't get how R4i was considered a clone in the first place. They have a different PCB layout, a better ACTEL chip, a shell without holes and i think no LED(?). They may have used GW's leaked and decrypted Launcher 1.0 but so did smealum (is he a clone too?)

boba fett is a clone, I'm pretty sure smealum isnt and has biological parents.

Also I'm pretty sure gateway team has already achieved to make those games working but I guess they're focusing on multirom and pokemon...

Reactions: phanteon

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This.

I don't get how R4i was considered a clone in the first place. They have a different PCB layout, a better ACTEL chip, a shell without holes and i think no LED(?). They may have used GW's leaked and decrypted Launcher 1.0 but so did smealum (is he a clone too?). This Video is proof that they can do something on their own, if R4i 2.0 update wasn't proof enough.

In conlusion:

Gateway: first card (used a long known exploit)
R4i Deluxe whatever: second card (able to exist after GW's initial work)
3DS Link: R4i Clone/Brand
Orange 3DS: R4i Clone/Brand i guess (if it even exists)

I bet GW's DS cart PCB doesn't look exactly like that R4i DS card, regardless it's still a clone.

About R4i's position on this: "Again, one thing we would like to state it clearly: all coming new feature updates will come directly from our team(R4ids.cn) !"
They indirectly confessed that they copied GW's cart at first.
And no way 3DS Link could be a clone of R4i, since they are able to use the exact files R4i is using, and it's not like we can update GW's blue cart with the latest Wood R4 kernel released on the website of R4i team.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I bet GW's DS cart PCB doesn't look exactly like that R4i DS card, regardless it's still a clone.

About R4i's position on this: "Again, one thing we would like to state it clearly: all coming new feature updates will come directly from our team(R4ids.cn) !"
They indirectly confessed that they copied GW's cart at first.
And no way 3DS Link could be a clone of R4i, since they are able to use the exact files R4i is using, and it's not like we can update GW's blue cart with the latest Wood R4 kernel released on the website of R4i team.

The argument about whether or not R4i is a clone of GW is irrelevant. There main point is, how are GW handling it. Look at iPhone and Android, Android was a "clone" but has innovated since, iPhone not so much.

The same thing seems to be happening with R4i and GW. GW just seems to make promises with their carefully placed words to give consumers the idea of future support etc etc but has shown no proof. R4i on the other hand at least has something to show.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The argument about whether or not R4i is a clone of GW is irrelevant.

Don't get mad about it. As you can see on my post, it was a reply, not a random commentary.

GW just seems to make promises with their carefully placed words to give consumers the idea of future support etc etc but has shown no proof. R4i on the other hand at least has something to show.
lol, now you are just being silly.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GW just seems to make promises with their carefully placed words to give consumers the idea of future support etc etc but has shown no proof.
rewind a few months... when all the trolls were saying gateway is just a clone card and won't ever do more than 1:1 image. then gateway team showed some videos, for example region free, etc, and people said: "just PR, they won't deliver on this". then they did release all they promised. now you are saying the same about the new upcoming features? how dumb are you exactly? :-)

PS. obviously, if R4i has a team capable of actually independently making new features, everyone wins: both 'teams' will be competing for customers by making their offerings better. However, if all they did for this video is get leaked beta firmware from GW team, this is bad for everybody.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
clones,not cloes who cares. well gateway does but we as consumers shouldn't the more cards the better. more competition will force the teams to deliver new things and think about it who ever releses the 4.5+ supprot will be the big winner here cause it will happen sooner or later and sales will go up like crazy. we dont need one uber team that has one product and if you want a card you have just them as an option we need more and i hope soon well see other teams jumping in. if we look back months things have gone far for the 3ds hacking/card sceen and i hope it keeps up. good job r4 and gateway :)

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yet another person who hasn't understood the basic concept that having clone companies in the flashcard business is not good for the long term: no incentive for investing in making the software better, when it will just get ripped off by cloners who will then undercut your price because they don't have your R&D costs.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
yet another person who hasn't understood the basic concept that having clone companies in the flashcard business is not good for the long term: no incentive for investing in making the software better, when it will just get ripped off by cloners who will then undercut your price because they don't have your R&D costs.
people copy others work all the time in this world and its a normal thing we need to get used to that if gateway thought that no one will clone them they are silly. if gateway keeps up the good work they will survive and people will buy them cause of the quality they offer. to me personally with my money situation it doesnt matter it all comes down who offers more.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
then they did release all they promised. now you are saying the same about the new upcoming features? how dumb are you exactly? :-)

Please do a search on my other comments about GW before coming to your quick conclusions. A smiley after calling me dumb? That's as idiotic as those people whom insult others after saying the words "no offense".

GW has been working on 2.0 for ages. They mentioned 3 weeks ago that it was coming soon. By definition 3 weeks does not equal soon. Their wording about 5.x and 6.x support is misleading. I'm not saying it won't happen but it is bad form for GW.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now, I wonder if R4i got Monster Hunter 4 to work on their newer firmware since the issue with this game wasn't related to the firmware version (it was build on 4.2.5 SDK version).

Their 2.0 FW has the same compatibility issues as GW 1.2 firmware according to Pong's review; this means they didn't fix it or they actually copied GW 1.2, which seemed pretty obvious for me since the beginning.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Things that they don't show:

- GUI
- easy NAND dumping
- CARD2 games compatibility
- Multirom

a lot of work to do :-)
I think Gateway is still ahead because they are working on this for a longer time.

Reactions: cateater1

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
LurkerA must be another Gateway clone, im sure his internals would look very similar to the GW layout.. Even with a Actel chip in a different place (like your ass) you can still be considered a clone. the whole layout thing means nothing, so if i cloned my white dog and then spray painted it gold, it wouldnt be a clone ?? cause its slightly different ?? Its a brand new product called the gold dog.. ??

Reactions: Duo8 and cateater1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: