NonStopInTheMix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it might sound weird byt my R4 has been acting up lately. I had a kingmax 1gig and it stopped working recently, i kept getting the "sd card error" when i tried to boot up my R4. I tried formatting with my computer and it said it couldnt do it so i took it to an electronics store where the guy i bought it from said it was corrupted. So i got an exchange for a kingston 1gig instead. but today my kingston is no longer read by my r4.

My brother has an R4 and my microsd doesnt work in his, but HIS microsd works in both our R4's.

Is there any diagnostic mode i can run so that the R4 can check up on itself? kinda like the function given for the g6real or the supercard ds one?

Is this a problem with my R4 and should i get it replaced?

any help is much appreciated
smile.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Check the contacts of both the R4 and the DS, and where the R4 and MicroSD meet. Blow or use rubbing alcohol or both to clean the contacts. If that doesn't work, you're screwed, I guess...
frown.gif

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lol, this happened to me yesterday but i figured out that somehow all my games where in the _system_ folder. it may sound stupid but you should check you're _system_ moonshl folders. maybe there's something in it that shouldnt be there?

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Sounds more like your reader/ writer may be the culprit & not the R4.

Yah, that was the problem for me. Both the R4 micro SD reader and my SD card adapter were the culprits, i went out and bought a USB micro SD card reader from a computer shop and it works like a charm now.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The same thing happened with my 1gb kington from taiwan. I think it was the old R4 card reader that did it. I also own 2 sandisk microsd cards and the reader has never broke them. I do think the kington taiwan is a very cheaply made microsd card and I avoid them.

NonStopInTheMix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
umm well first off id like to thank everybody for their input.

my problem is that for the last 4 days i could play games.. and then yesterday i turned on my ds and it sayd SD/TF error. I plugged it into my computer and it said that "the volume has not been formatted" and basically all my games were gone o.o

is this really the microsd reader that caused it? because it put game on my kingston and my r4 worked fine for a few days before this randomly happened...

Reactions: QCLasky

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it probably is the reader. You said that it stops working when the card is in the R4, not when it is in the reader, but maybe the reader corrupts the card a bit then when the R4 writes the save file to the card it gets confused because of the corruptions and then corrupts it even more?

- Sam

NonStopInTheMix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm thats the problem, i have no idea if my memory card writer is doing this.. because ive used it on my little brother's R4 and my sister's SupercardDS one and so far.. no complaints =\

and yes all my siblings have ds's =P *
yaynds.gif

pepper453

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen some time ago. I am convinced my issue was xp, the reader, swapping cards without removing the reader, then loading data to the device. You start writing, but to sectors on what the os thinks is the other card.... Then Bam corrupted card. I think this is what happened to mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Going with that right now with a dental claim morons put the wrong company name and rejected claims been on hold an hour for the claims department
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, BTW is it better to go usb or bt for these mini Pcs figure you may know since you play with rack systems so much
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    tldr usb > bluetooth imo
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: tldr usb > bluetooth imo