Hacking Would you pick an R4 over M3 Simply to save $5?

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No DS Organize and read/write homebrew
frown.gif
Neither do right now
tongue.gif

slowness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i actualy did go for the R4 simply because it was out earlier but the thing is everyone knows M3 so well and i sort of figured that because their known for the update isn't much i suppose at the moment anyhow.
the thing i'm trying to get at is with M3 having so many products they have to update (not sure on this at all) and R4 only needing to update one at the moment of course as well so... i'm assuming R4 better take care of business and services like their already am.

YodaBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I honestly think the R4 team were the original developers.

M3 probably just licensed and re-badged it to have a product to fill the gap until they get the "real" out.

this type of stuff happens all the time in the IT industry.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
there seems to be two sides.....people thinking that M3 took R4 product and put their logo on it.....

and there is the other scenario (which is what I believe) and what is happening with the supercard and dslinker (or watever the name is).......THe factory that produces these chips for them realized that they can make a profit off of the M3 and Supercard designs and wanted to make a few bucks themselves... Thtas why both the dslinker and the R4 is cheaper because its directly from the factory and ont like M3 or Supercard which pays for production....

The only thing is that it doesn't explain why M3 updates slower... There must be a difference between R4 and M3...it just seems that M3 is "using" R4DS's updates and changing it so that it works on their card RIGHT NOW.....

maybe someone should email M3 and be like, I don't understand the difference in price between the M3 simply and the R4DS, since u hvae claimed that it is the identical hardware and it seems M3's updates are slower and identical to R4s...why should we buy the M3 Simply O.o?

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm gonna have to go with the person who said R4 is the OEM and M3 just wanted a product with their name on it out.

the firmware functions are idential, the hardware is identical, it's just a jumper, a sticker and a skin's difference.

oh, and $5.

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes go R4 why cuz they are the same. Look through the forums you can change your R4 into a M3 Simply if you want by soldering over a jumper!

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and there is the other scenario (which is what I believe) and what is happening with the supercard and dslinker (or watever the name is).......THe factory that produces these chips for them realized that they can make a profit off of the M3 and Supercard designs and wanted to make a few bucks themselves... Thtas why both the dslinker and the R4 is cheaper because its directly from the factory and ont like M3 or Supercard which pays for production....

I'm trying to find where I read it, but I remember reading that someone e-mailed the M3 team (Danny), asking if they were the same as the R4, to which the reply was that R4 was actually their manufacturer but then the R4 team decided to market the product themselves as well.

lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm trying to find where I read it, but I remember reading that someone e-mailed the M3 team (Danny), asking if they were the same as the R4, to which the reply was that R4 was actually their manufacturer but then the R4 team decided to market the product themselves as well.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41723

GBARl.it
M3 DS simply & R4 is same our produts .
We sell the M3 DS simply .
And our Factory sell the R4 .

We will release the M3 DS real & G6 DS later .
Any information , we will inform you .

Best Regards

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm smirking at the people who bought the M3 over the R4 due to "better future firmware support"... but the truth of the matter is... the R4 firmwares come out first, and a few days later... the M3 updates follow with exactly the same features. Seems like it's the R4 team supplying the M3 users with their beloved "support".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum