Anyone tried converting their Red Dead Redemption 1 360/PS3 save over to Switch?

someguy12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After dumping my 360 save, I've been playing around with the Switch save files to see if there's a way to copy over my progress. The save file naming seems to be exactly the same and as far as I can tell, the save files are the exact same size (135,168 bytes). I should note that I've been testing this out using the latest stable of Yuzu on Windows 11.

The main saves will be formatted like so:
RDR2SAVE1.SAV
RDR2SAVE2.SAV
RDR2SAVE3.SAV

(as far as I can tell, RDR2SAVE0 is the Auto save slot)

I didn't bother copying over RDR2OPTIONS.SAV since I assume this new version would have options not available in the original 360 release, so I left it as-is in the Switch files.

Simply copying over the RDR2SAVEX.SAV from 360->Switch doesn't work, the saves will just show as "Damaged" in-game.

One file the Switch version has that I'm not seeing in the 360 files is PREBOOT.SAV. Not sure what this does, or if it's a Yuzu-specific file. (I don't think it is, though)

I tried opening both the 360 save and the Switch save in a hex editor (HxD), but unfortunately my hexpertise(!) isn't up to snuff. So all I can offer is some very novice observations...
  • While they look comparably completely different starting at offset 00000000, peaking all the way to the bottom they seem identical, so there is some kind of compatibility/similarity between their values. The two files I looked at end at different offsets, but I'm assuming that's just because my 360 save is obviously much more complete.

Anyone else tried this? Any thoughts?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't hold my breath to see PS3 and X360 save to work with Switch, without major conversion, same issues with Assassin's Creed games that I tried previously without any success.

I used in-game cheat - Jack Attack (Oh my son, my blessed son) to complete the game instantly and allow to explore freely, but there is drawback, it does disable the autosave. Achievement isn't exist on Nintendo consoles, so no longer matters.

adhamhussien

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
After dumping my 360 save, I've been playing around with the Switch save files to see if there's a way to copy over my progress. The save file naming seems to be exactly the same and as far as I can tell, the save files are the exact same size (135,168 bytes). I should note that I've been testing this out using the latest stable of Yuzu on Windows 11.

The main saves will be formatted like so:
RDR2SAVE1.SAV
RDR2SAVE2.SAV
RDR2SAVE3.SAV

(as far as I can tell, RDR2SAVE0 is the Auto save slot)

I didn't bother copying over RDR2OPTIONS.SAV since I assume this new version would have options not available in the original 360 release, so I left it as-is in the Switch files.

Simply copying over the RDR2SAVEX.SAV from 360->Switch doesn't work, the saves will just show as "Damaged" in-game.

One file the Switch version has that I'm not seeing in the 360 files is PREBOOT.SAV. Not sure what this does, or if it's a Yuzu-specific file. (I don't think it is, though)

I tried opening both the 360 save and the Switch save in a hex editor (HxD), but unfortunately my hexpertise(!) isn't up to snuff. So all I can offer is some very novice observations...
  • While they look comparably completely different starting at offset 00000000, peaking all the way to the bottom they seem identical, so there is some kind of compatibility/similarity between their values. The two files I looked at end at different offsets, but I'm assuming that's just because my 360 save is obviously much more complete.

Anyone else tried this? Any thoughts?
same here did you find a solution ?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, anyone succeeded with that or have some suggestion to try?
No, we haven’t hear with any news about this.

You have two options are use in-game cheat to unlock the complete save (it will disable the autosave) or ask members if they have complete or 100% save file.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Issue is that X360 and PS3 are big endian architectures, while Switch is Little Endian. So first of all you would need to figure out where are stored all integers + their sizes to swap endianess. With this alone is ton of work.

Reactions: JeepX87

t20n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Issue is that X360 and PS3 are big endian architectures, while Switch is Little Endian. So first of all you would need to figure out where are stored all integers + their sizes to swap endianess. With this alone is ton of work.
Ok, that's something I'm not prepared to handle, but thanks for answering. At least this made me research a bit what this even means.

No, we haven’t hear with any news about this.

You have two options are use in-game cheat to unlock the complete save (it will disable the autosave) or ask members if they have complete or 100% save file.
Ok, I guess that's something. I didn't have that much done, so I guess ill start over.

XB36Hazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

You can use my Red Dead Redemption Save Editor to convert saves from Xbox 360, PS3, Xenia, PS4, and Nintendo Switch to Xbox 360, PS3, Xenia, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto