1. Katalyst

Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    Neither do right now [​IMG]

2. Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Check this out: http://scorpei.com/R4DS.html

It´s a comparison review between R4DS and M3 Simply.
    The author points the pros and cons for each device and why to choose X instead Y.

3. Qpido

Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    Wow, that's a clear example of how 'the same' they are.
    I guess it's best to wait a little, to see who gets better.

Q~

4. slowness

slowness Member
    Newcomer

United States
    well i actualy did go for the R4 simply because it was out earlier but the thing is everyone knows M3 so well and i sort of figured that because their known for the update isn't much i suppose at the moment anyhow.
    the thing i'm trying to get at is with M3 having so many products they have to update (not sure on this at all) and R4 only needing to update one at the moment of course as well so... i'm assuming R4 better take care of business and services like their already am.

5. YodaBoy

YodaBoy Member
    Newcomer

I honestly think the R4 team were the original developers.

M3 probably just licensed and re-badged it to have a product to fill the gap until they get the "real" out.

this type of stuff happens all the time in the IT industry.

6. Kaphis

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    there seems to be two sides.....people thinking that M3 took R4 product and put their logo on it.....

and there is the other scenario (which is what I believe) and what is happening with the supercard and dslinker (or watever the name is).......THe factory that produces these chips for them realized that they can make a profit off of the M3 and Supercard designs and wanted to make a few bucks themselves... Thtas why both the dslinker and the R4 is cheaper because its directly from the factory and ont like M3 or Supercard which pays for production....

The only thing is that it doesn't explain why M3 updates slower... There must be a difference between R4 and M3...it just seems that M3 is "using" R4DS's updates and changing it so that it works on their card RIGHT NOW.....

maybe someone should email M3 and be like, I don't understand the difference in price between the M3 simply and the R4DS, since u hvae claimed that it is the identical hardware and it seems M3's updates are slower and identical to R4s...why should we buy the M3 Simply O.o?

7. faceless

faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    i'm gonna have to go with the person who said R4 is the OEM and M3 just wanted a product with their name on it out.

the firmware functions are idential, the hardware is identical, it's just a jumper, a sticker and a skin's difference.

oh, and $5.

8. Kyuzumaki

Kyuzumaki GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes go R4 why cuz they are the same. Look through the forums you can change your R4 into a M3 Simply if you want by soldering over a jumper!

9. Bowser128

Bowser128 King Koopa

I'm trying to find where I read it, but I remember reading that someone e-mailed the M3 team (Danny), asking if they were the same as the R4, to which the reply was that R4 was actually their manufacturer but then the R4 team decided to market the product themselves as well.

10. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    I choose the R4, i print my own M3 stickers so i can sell it for the price of a m3 simply [​IMG]

11. lurker

lurker Member
    Newcomer

12. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

I'm smirking at the people who bought the M3 over the R4 due to "better future firmware support"... but the truth of the matter is... the R4 firmwares come out first, and a few days later... the M3 updates follow with exactly the same features. Seems like it's the R4 team supplying the M3 users with their beloved "support".

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Simply,