Would you kill someone in self defense?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Haloman800
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 10,234
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Likes Likes 1

Would you kill someone in self defense?

  • Yes

    Votes: 113 80.7%
  • No

    Votes: 27 19.3%

  • Total voters
    140
Holy shit you'd kill a dog for biting you?
well it depends, but yeah in some circumstances! i would want to kill a violent dog that is biting my leg off and maiming me. in some cases, depending on the location and history and dog, the dog would be euthanized anyway, afterwards. some places don't want it to happen again, sometimes dogs do attack small children.

but just a small bite no, i'd just do what i can to stop it.
lots of different situations out there - but i'm just saying i would kill it if i had to.
as opposed to people who would say 'i would never kill a dog' - well i would.
 
Last edited by cearp,
  • Like
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
I carry a knife with me when I go to lockup a do it yourself laundromat at 9pm every night. I've had a guy come up and threaten me before when I told him he had to leave in 30 minutes.

Another time I had a guy walk in and start threatening me for telling his girlfriend that she had to leave on closing time, and if she didn't I would shut off the breaker because she got sassy with me. I told him to back off, and he kept at it, so I pulled out the knife and told him to back the fuck off while dialing 911. The moment he would have touched me, operator would have been on the line, and I already had everything recorded. No liability on me under self defense if I would have stabbed him at this point, but he left unfortunately. I consider it a form of cleaning up my neighborhood and natural selection. The moment they stop being intelligent is the moment they become mere beasts, and I have no guilt.
 
Neutralize first. They have a weapon? Blow their arm off. Stab their eyes out. destroy their kneecap. Death is always the final option.
The problem here is that, atleast under the US legal system, the person you maimed or blinded can sue you for damages and disabling them regardless of your reasons for doing so.

Meaning that if they were someone who broke in your home with intentions of stealing belongings and raping family members, and you disabled them in some way before they completed any of these acts, you would be spending the rest of your life paying for them to stay alive and comfortable with their new disability. If you did it to them after they completed or were in the process of one of those acts, they would be looking at prison time (2-10 years), but could still sue you for damages.

That which is morally just is not always appreciated as such in the eyes of the law.
 
The problem here is that, atleast under the US legal system, the person you maimed or blinded can sue you for damages and disabling them regardless of your reasons for doing so.

Meaning that if they were someone who broke in your home with intentions of stealing belongings and raping family members, and you disabled them in some way before they completed any of these acts, you would be spending the rest of your life paying for them to stay alive and comfortable with their new disability. If you did it to them after they completed or were in the process of one of those acts, they would be looking at prison time (2-10 years), but could still sue you for damages.

That which is morally just is not always appreciated as such in the eyes of the law.
This is why every gun course tells you to shoot to kill. Justifiable homicide might be the best thing about laws.
 
Last edited by AbyssalMonkey,
i think it's morally right to kill a bad person, if they are bad enough!

I only find it morally permissible if others will die with no immediate action to end the other person's life (fixing to press a switch to explode a bomb, for example, and the only clear target I have is the head), and even then with great remorse. But such things are important to discuss =]
 
On "I absolutely would" then have a look at war stats some time. The amount of people that shoot to kill is astoundingly low prior to the introduction of modern training (some things have world war 2 at 15% -- http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/hope_on_the_battlefield ), and even then it is still only some 90% in some surveys for modern ones.

Meaning that if they were someone who broke in your home with intentions of stealing belongings and raping family members
"and"... I don't think that is how it typically goes down. Indeed I would find it disturbing if that is how someone's thought patterns went.

Also on "they can sue you" the so can families for wrongful death. Similarly suing people seems to be a bit of US fetish so how many of those cases actually end in payouts?
 
  • Like
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
I wouldn't know what to do in that case depending on how many of the people I know were involved but if it was another family member I would let them since they would have a good reason and since I Can't.
 
Not saying I wouldn't try to defend myself, but I would probably do my best to get out of the situation without causing any major bodily harm to the other person.
But I don't know exactly how I would react in such a situation, panic and adrenaline can apparently do funny things to the human body :P
^This.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
I definitely would kill someone in self-defence.
Also if there name happens to be Donald Trump or Nigel Farage, I'd happily assassinate those two idiots :)
 
in an instant, i would not even have to think about it... if someone is a threat to me, or my fam... but i live a dull life and so does my fam... so.. not really think there's someone that stupid...
 
I will really feel I am being forced to, for sure I would like it otherwise.
And I'm quite positive it will leave some trauma on me.
But if that were the case, I sure would try to subdue the attacker with all means and might I had without thinking (aka not giving a fuck) if that would kill them.
But in case they ended up subdued and still alive, I wouldn't push to kill them. That is not my purpose.
 
Last edited by sarkwalvein,
I really don't see how anyone could vote no on this. The premise here is that you either kill someone, or they kill you or someone close to you. If you don't kill them then either you or someone innocent dies. What purpose does that serve? Instead some psychotic bastard will live at the cost of someone innocents life. I suppose you could try to injure them instead, but that isn't necessarily an option. You may not be able to simply injure them without killing them. Sometimes its the only way.
 
Wouldn't be the first time I've killed something for harming me. Hell I have bashed a dude with a stool because he wouldn't leave. Someone forcing there way in would likely meet a fate equally as rough if not worse. My home is my sanctuary if invaded I have no remorse for harming the intruder however if avoidable I sure wouldn't kill them. If I can disable them without killing them that's the route I will take however in the extremist situation I'd certainly pull the trigger first.
 

Site & Scene News