Hacking Would you ever trust Brickway again, or is their rep ruined for good?

Would you trust Gateway again?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Shit happens! I don't own a gateway but hacking anything is a risk to the device/firmware/software. It will be fixed in due time but everyone knew the risk and bought one anyways.

spinner09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to use firmware 1.2? I can't find it on GW's website. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

The latest safe firmware is 2.01b, but it's a bit buggy and sometimes your saves get corrupt.
I'd suggest falling back to 1.2 if you don't need emuNAND right away. Its not on GW's site, but google for it and you'll find the launcher.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How? That was the feature working as intended. It was meant to brick 3DS consoles and that's what it did. Therefore, it is not broken.

Even though legit GW users (like Devin, a very reputable reviewer for the GW) got bricked too? That is not what I would call "as intended". The whole thing is bullshit. They'[re butthurt someone stole their code.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even though legit GW users (and Devin, a very reputable reviewer for GW) got bricked too? That is not what I would call "as intended". The whole thing is bullshit.

There's no way to prove these bricks are caused by legitimate Gateway users. All of this is just speculation until someone can prove it.

Nobody's posted a decrypted launcher to prove the code is there, just a few people saying yup, it's there."

I've had no problems with 2.02b and I'm going to continue using it as there are no problems with it on a legitimate Gateway.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Even though legit GW users (like Devin, a very reputable reviewer for the GW) got bricked too? That is not what I would call "as intended". The whole thing is bullshit. They'[re butthurt someone stole their code.

Dude, he's right. Gateway put in a bricking code, and it's working. There's nothing broken about that.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to prove these bricks are caused by legitimate Gateway users. All of this is just speculation until someone can prove it.

Nobody's posted a decrypted launcher to prove the code is there, just a few people saying yup, it's there."

I've had no problems with 2.02b and I'm going to continue using it as there are no problems with it on a legitimate Gateway.

It was still a very immature and asinine thing for them to do to implement said code, irrespective of their reasons. Cowardly and damnable.

Reactions: Nightwish

troy4u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway is really the only game in town. Reputation don't mean much if you are the only person selling Tylenol.
Totally support gateway here. Totally ok with them keeping the bricking code - I actually hope they do. It's just all business.

Reactions: mccabe1990

spinner09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway is really the only game in town. Reputation don't mean much if you are the only person selling Tylenol.
Maybe that was true a couple of months ago, but that's not the case anymore. With new cards like MT-Card (with original code) and others on the horizon, the landscape is quickly changing. Also, smeleum has made significant progress in custom firmware for homebrew applications, which could also made flashcarts redundant soon enough (remember the PSP scene?).
Totally support gateway here. Totally ok with them keeping the bricking code - I actually hope they do. It's just all business.
Well, that would make you a total fanboy then. What GW is doing isn't helping anyone. Its not even helping their own sales, so why are they doing it? Its only damaging their reputation, and damaging the modding/homebrew scene in general. All this drama is driving talented modders away from the scene. It's despicable, and GW should be ashamed.

Reactions: Huntereb

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, it's your funeral. If you want to support shady business practices, such is your prerogative. Don't come crying to us if things go awry :creep:

Reactions: WolfSaviorZX

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, it's your funeral. If you want to support shady business practices, such is your prerogative. Don't come crying to us if things go awry :creep:
If be wants to pirate there aren't any other ways. Especially because of the higher bricking rate of the clones. Maybe there will be a romloader through homebrew, but who knows if and when this is going to happen.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If be wants to pirate there aren't any other ways. Especially because of the higher bricking rate of the clones. Maybe there will be a romloader through homebrew, but who knows if and when this is going to happen.

Right I was just saying is all :) If people are wanting to risk their consoles, that's their deal, not mine, but if they run into issues, well you know :P :D

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone remember true blue for the ps3 back then? Something similar happen to the clone as well. Is it truly Gateway fault that clone stole the code and didn't notice there is a trap(IF there is truly is one). If one choose to use a fake or clone, always to be prepare to fact the possible consequence. I current do NOT own a GW,m just stating my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD