Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thatsit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It really depends on the quality of the 3D and that it isn't gimmicky as hell. I really hope that sony will be announcing a new handheld this year so that there's something to fall back on. One thing you can count on from sony is a standard, gimmickless system with great hardware. If the rumored hardware is real, I think we'll be able to expect a ps2 emulator similar to the psx in the current psp, and that would make it the greatest handheld ever. I guess that opinion's also due to the fact that I mostly use my handhelds for their emulators; the only thing better than playing classics is playing them anywhere.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Definitely getting it possibly day 1 purchase if possible. I grew up with the original Game Boy system and have owned every North American unit from GB to DS Lite except the GBA SP and Micro. So yeah I'm a big fan of Nintendo handhelds so 3DS will undoubtedly be awesome to me. If a newer sexier model comes out later and is every way better than the original I'll sell the original and get the new one so it's no biggie.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Although I'm usually all for Ninty's products, the choices they made with the Wii have kinda put me in the grey area.

If I were to get one at launch, they'd have to ditch the friend codes, make some darn good games for it (And not just updates of Gamecube games), and be blown away at the unveiling.

If not, well, who am I kidding, I'll still probably get one eventually, knowing me.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
geoflcl said:
Although I'm usually all for Ninty's products, the choices they made with the Wii have kinda put me in the grey area.

If I were to get one at launch, they'd have to ditch the friend codes, make some darn good games for it (And not just updates of Gamecube games), and be blown away at the unveiling.

If not, well, who am I kidding, I'll still probably get one eventually, knowing me.
I highly doubt that they'd get rid of friend codes. Nintendo are family friendly, so they want to keep that image with friend codes. I would assume, anyway.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how should i know,
we don't even have some serious facts, we don't know how the hardware will look like and how it will funktion,
btw: there already screens which are able to offer 3d experience without glasses, but this tv's are really expensive:.
i wonder how much this thing will cost:.
butfor now my answer is that i am not sure yet

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting one for sure... But I'm going to wait much longer than most people.

I'm going to wait until there are atleast 10 "worth it" or "Must Have" titles.

This will give flashcart makers the chance to develop a stable enough flashcart for the new system.

I need a flashcart, I can't go back to carrying 20 NDS cartridges AND my DS in a purse again.

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
on launch day hell no! I got burned buying DSi and couple of month later they released XL -______-
They didn't put any love on their revisions...just to get more money out of people for useless gimmick. so unless they have some really good spec this time + enough games that actually support the 3d tech I won't be seeing this.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
stupid poll.

we have no clue what it will end up being, or what it will look like...

fanboiz: omgyes ibuyit nao

haterz: its gonna suck, i wont buy it no matter what

smart folk: i will determine whether it is worth buying after it is released.

Looks generally don't matter unless it was the GBA Micro or PSPGo.

I mean, these companies haven't really gone wrong. Maybe Nintendo. Minus everything after DSi. That and, not many systems have ever 'looked' terrible. Sony slims down their systems and cuts prices while they're at it, Microsoft doesn't really do much, Nintendo DS...blah, and Sega was good before...an article said something about some guy screwing Sega over left the company.

As for clues, it's going to pull some 'amazing' '3D' type of thing, it'll be a lot like a DS(that's a bit too obvious).

Ontopic - Not going to bother getting one. Maybe will consider it one day, but eh. -Still trying to get a DS Lite-

Blazikun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i would if it was FREE ! who's with me?

but imagine if it came out non-3d and you had to buy "3DS-enhanced games" for it like the DSi. Wt a load of crap it would be

link98

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
elimist said:
I might buy once its hacked and capable of running commercial roms. and as I said before, nin10doh will probably do something stupid like put 2 lcds on top of each other so that one image liiks higher than another.

no its been reported that the 3ds will use a special screen that allows the image to look 3d without glasses.

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see two sides of this.

I bought a psp fairly early in their life (1000 series)

This was good and bad, It was WAY easier to hack all 1000's are hackable, but the 2000's have a slimmer more reasonable body, and extra ram
frown.gif

So by buying the 3ds on launch I might get a good working 3ds, but it will be suped up later.

Then again Nintendo might not release the 3ds's upgrade for 2 or 3 years, at which point I'd facepalm.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably not, not due of the 3DS itself but because I already have plenty of unfinished games on the DS and GBA, it seems a bit pointless for me to buy another handheld without clearing some of those first. Whether I buy one later in its lifetime, prehaps. We shall see.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Psyfira said:
Probably not, not due of the 3DS itself but because I already have plenty of unfinished games on the DS and GBA, it seems a bit pointless for me to buy another handheld without clearing some of those first. Whether I buy one later in its lifetime, prehaps. We shall see.
But the 3DS has backwards compatibility with DS games, so you don't have to worry about it
smile.gif

I'm going to buy a 3DS, unless it's really expensive like, let's say, a PSP Go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.