Hardware Would this work...A shell replacement...

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to buy the a DSLite sized slot 2, could they use a GBA sized shell and put the contents of the Lite sized card into it and actually RUN it from a GBA/DSphat?

I'm thinking or trying this but first I want to hear what others here have to say.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
u could remove the shell entirely and it would still run,exept if the originla shell have a function to turn on a switch inside to tell the ds what kind of game is in slot2, wich i doubt it has

i dont know if u remember nes vs famicom,the famicon games where much smaller then thier nes counter part,yet inside they where basicly the same

gizmo_gal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ThaiGrocer, the link eventually led me back to a helpful guide type thread *Hooray for link backs!*

Thanks for responding but, sorry Pinbi, I don't understand what you mean? If there was a big topic you referred to, I probably missed it. I'm kinda new here.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what i mean is the inside of the card is probably just the same now as it was then

so doing it would probably involve some glue,a screew driver,maybe even a grinder

but its far from impossible

and no i dont have ne big topic,i never even tried it,i just dont see why it wouldnt work

gizmo_gal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to double post, but is there any place to buy a dummy cart GBA sized, or should I just use one of my GBA cards? I have a crappy game thats cheap from the store I could sacrifice.

Edit:

Thank you Pinbi very much.
smile.gif
Thanks for the advice.

Anyone know where I can get a Dummy cart?

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't if you could avoid it def for a ez4 (phat)

I didn't like the case and was gonna pop it into a old gba cart
But obviously problem's arose

Problems
1. Gba uses some plastic prongs to keep the chip in place (nothing that can't be fixed with a dremel
2. Have to cut a slot for the MiniSD (dremel again) But no "guide" to keep the sd from falling into the cart when you slide the sd in
3. Biggest problem you can't really fix with a easy method other than super glue
3.1 The screw that hold's the cart together i the ez4(phat) is in the wrong place and if you tried to put it in a gba cart and use the screw it would go through the chip

Ad i don't like super gluing thing's closed at all

What I'm gonna do is go buy some vinyl dye ad just paint the cart

Any one know a good method for getting the sticker off so you ca re-use it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: