Hacking Would I be able to hide all of my custom CIA applications?

Arokana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently hacked my 2DS XL however I was planning on taking it to a local game store to have the owner tighten up the hinge which is starting to come loose. I assume he would need to power on the device at some point, but I don't want him to see the custom firmware I hacked into the system. I'm not too sure what method I used to hack my DS, but I did use the 3DS Hacking Guide.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: TomTalker

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
You could do that but I think you are probably being unduly cautious here. The store owner has no reason to “snoop” and even if he did, it’s not like he has a legal or ethical obligation to report that you installed custom firmware onto your system to any authority.

Reactions: TomTalker

TomTalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could do that but I think you are probably being unduly cautious here. The store owner has no reason to “snoop” and even if he did, it’s not like he has a legal or ethical obligation to report that you installed custom firmware onto your system to any authority.

The store guy has no absolute reason to look at your downloaded apps.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently hacked my 2DS XL however I was planning on taking it to a local game store to have the owner tighten up the hinge which is starting to come loose. I assume he would need to power on the device at some point, but I don't want him to see the custom firmware I hacked into the system. I'm not too sure what method I used to hack my DS, but I did use the 3DS Hacking Guide.

Any help would be appreciated!

Maybe hide all the homebrew in a folder far away and call it a day. I don't see why he would start checking all your folders (unless he likes to snoop).
This is the most practical solution to your "problem" if you are really so concerned about the shop owner seeing any homebrew titles. Just create a folder, drag everything you want to hide into it and then drag the folder off to the far edge of your home screen. I highly doubt that the owner would be dedicated enough to snooping to tap his way all the way to the end of the home menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ