Hardware Would a new router help my PS3 get online..?

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS3 that is about 75 feet away from our router, it gets a signal strength on average of 70%. It can get online and browse the web but no matter what game I put in to play they all will not connect online. I called Sony up and told them the issue they said the PS3 needs a signal strength of at least 80% to play games online.

What I don't understand is my cousin had his PS3 over our house and our signal strength wasn't 80% and his played games online just fine. So I either need to try a router that can send a stronger signal or wire it from my router to the system. Oh and my system is out of warranty so it'll cost $100 bucks PLUS shipping to send the bitch back to Sony for repairs.

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't need a new router, just needed to move it over another room and now the PS3 gets a 100% signal strength and there's no more issues.

happy.gif

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or a more abstract idea. If moving is not an option at all and you have a laptop, try bridging the connection of your laptops wifi and it's ethernet port and hook up your PS3 wired that way. I do it sometimes because the PS3 only has 802.11g and my laptop has 802.11n.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: