Gaming worst games/biggest disapointments

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, im just curious which do you guyz think are the 3 worst games, or disapointments for nds games.

here's my 3:

duke nukem nds: the controls, the layout, the way the game is,, is just nothing like duke nukem at all. the controls are so horrific I had to just turn off the game after 5 mins. makes me wonder if they even played the game before releasing it lol

history channel-warriors of rome: well I love civilization, and strategy games. the ui on just about everything in this game,, the battles,, the whole game itself is a complete disaster, it's like, they just wanted to rush out a game real quick to make a quick buck no matter how crap it is

not quite sure what my number 3 would be,, but I guess,, I'd say the animal planet one about the sea monsters: uh,, so the graphics were cool, lots of cool concepts,, but then I had to eat stuff to live in the ocean,,, wasn't happening lol

what are your guyz's picks?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFTA2 was probably the biggest one for me. But I have rectified that with cheats. Nullifying the laws and such.

Mario and Luigi partners in time was ok, but paled in comparison to the original in a huge way for me. I couldn't get into Bowser's inside story at all.

Golden Sun DS was not so much of a disappointment as much as a... game I couldn't even bring myself to really start?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Vanilla destiny was a big letdown but it has been completely overhauled since and is pretty decent now.

Starfox zero was a huge pile of dogshit.

I am one of the few people out there that thought Unharted 4 was almost unbearable to play, the constant stop and start gameplay for the sake of endless cut scenes was infuriating even though it was all well done and polished.

Any Zelda game since the gamecube era.

But the absolute worst has got to be no mans sky. I would say that it is easily the biggest gaming scam and deceptively marketed game in history without anything even close to touching it.

edit: I missed that this was just for DS games but bleh. My biggest disappointments on DS were probably Star Fox Command firstly, that game was trash.

All the Zeldas on DS, could not stand the forced touch screen controls completely ruined the games for me.

I remember Burnout DS being pathetic, that was a letdown too.

brigcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dual Destinies: While the characterization of AA: AJ was ranging from mediocre to awful, the main plot of the DD was the trashiest of the trashiest trashy trash *whip sound . By far the weakest main entry in the series for me.

edit: NDS games huh. Well I guess AJ then as second less favourite AA game.

Last edited by brigcaster,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sticking with the DS games I might have wanted to play
GTA DS.
Did not click for me, first GTA since London that such things have done that for and I actually liked the GBA entry.

The second tetris game (tetris party was it). Just felt all wrong. Fortunately there is tetris DS and tetris TGM homebrew.

I was not awed by the bomberman entries. 2 (Europe and Japan exclusive) was OK once you get past the gangly bomberman but still.

Some say Final Fantasy 3 but as far as remake ports go it did what it set out to do and was pretty much just an old game brought into the modern world.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS. I liked the gamecube version but the first of these failed to do much for me.

Those clockwork mario and bowser games. This was more because I dared to consider at least some aspect of the hype but I was promised a great puzzle game and got nothing of great merit for my trouble and would rather have replayed lode runner or any of the other classic arcade puzzlers instead.

Worms Open Warfare 1. At least there is 2.

The megaman battle network sequel franchise (star force in English). MMBN was stale by the end of the GBA and though the DS port of 5 (of the 6 games, plus some spinoffs) is probably the best version of that the sequel series fell short for me. Not an unplayable mess as some would claim but not great either.

Black Sigil. Started out as a GBA game but wound up on the DS. Promised to be a nice RPG but fell apart after the intro really.

Scurge - Hive. Definitely pick up the GBA version of this.

Other than that I mostly dodged things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.