worst ds game ever?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by double_vision, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Nov 7, 2006
  2. ComplicatioN

ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Aug 23, 2008
    Thousand Sunny
    imagine games UGH [​IMG]

3. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    It's funny that you all name sucky games but don't even tell why you believe they're the worst. C'mon [​IMG]

4. Tigerstar

Tigerstar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Rainbow Islands Revolution. A textbook example of developers shoehorning well-established gameplay mechanics into a new mould without stopping to think if it's appropriate: in other words, just because they could use the touchscreen didn't mean they should have. A classic arcade game that required pixel-perfect positioning and sharp reactions was transformed into a barely-playable mess where you scrawled misshapen rainbows on the screen that singularly failed to act as effective weapons, traps or platforms like their button-generated predecessors. Horrible, horrible, horrible, and a massive disappointment.

5. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Nov 18, 2006
    Croatia
    here'n'there
    i suggest you read it again.

6. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    Obviously any game being ported from another system will always kick ass, the person saying 'Chrono Trigger' sucks never played that game (I hadn't either) or is one of those FF fans which I do play but its kind of generic all the way through.

To me I have to say NDS games that never saw the light of day, like Samatha Oops that DS game where it looks like two dudes cross-dressing! That game is horrid and I can't believe Nintendo even gave them the permission to release that game!

7. halljames

halljames GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2004
    Newcastle, UK
    I dont understand why Burnout has been mentioned. I thought the DS version of burnout was pretty decent, good graphics and framerate. It was most enjoyable.

I personaly dont mind the fact that there are a hell of a lot of games on the DS that I personaly think are naff. At least it means that the DS has a huge user base and that it has a hell of a lot of life left in it. All those imagine games and pet games increase the user base to possibly extra hundreds of thousands of users. Meaning the DS is a very viable platform to develop on.

Just look at how many PSP releases there are. And how many of them are any good?

The DS has got an excellent variety and a constant stream of games to suit everyone.

I have been away from my DS for a while, and in one sitting managed to get some brilliant new games such as Need for Speed Undercover, Shaun White, Trackmania, populous, call of duty, exit ds, endwar, skate it, metal slug 7. Going to be busy tonight [​IMG]

8. MAD_BOY

MAD_BOY Lazy bum

Feb 12, 2005
    Netherlands
    Sittard, Limburg
    The controls were just horrible though.

9. neonix

neonix GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2007
    United States
    [​IMG]

Without a doubt, the most worthless DS game. Ping Pals was a display of what Pictochat should have been, but total garbage as a retail video game.

10. Shabadage

Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

Mar 12, 2008
    United States
    Colorado
    Burnout gets picked on rightfully for being pretty damned buggy. Often times AI would clip through scenery, you would occasionally crash for no reason, basically it was a shoddy, rushed port. Now saying that, it is also quite a bit of fun. But I do think the main reason it gets picked on is that it's a a poor version of an excellent series. There was no love put into Burnout for the DS and it shows.

11. double_vision
    OP

double_vision GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2008
    United States
    georgia
    i really didn't like yoshi touch and go.... bad game...

12. mxk1000

mxk1000 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2007
    Bonnie Scotland
    any game that ends in Z

13. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    I cant tell you what the worst game ever is, but I can tell you that Elf Bowling 2 is the best.

14. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    Starwars - The Force Unleashed(abbreviated STFU). This game lasts a mere 4:50 hours to complete and is full of bugs such as Force Pushing an enemy through the wall and then being unable to advance cause you have to kill all of em, and ass-repetitive gameplay where by alternating 2-3 icons on the touchscreen you can beat anything including the final boss. What a miserable load of shit. [​IMG]

15. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Anything with a 'z', really. Horzez. Or wait, was it HoRsEz?

16. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    Anything with imagine in the title or one of those lovly pet titles.....

17. Batman55

Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 21, 2007
    Canada
    Star Wars and Assassin's Creed.... ironically, I love the 360 versions of these 2 [​IMG]

18. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    FFTA2- storyline = lame shit IMO

But worst game ever: Prolly Elf Bowling

19. pEpz

pEpz Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Qc