borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I installed WiiMod trying to get some Priiloader mods to work (Which I couldn't find) and after that, I did a batch install of cIOS files.

Once I did that, I exited back to the Homebrew Channel and pressed the Home button to check whether the cIOS I set previously would work with Xenoblade Chronicles (why is it such a pain in the ass to get the latest games to work on a softmodded Wii) and I ended up getting a black screen instead!

I switched off the machine then switched it back on with no success!

Is there anyway I can fix this problem or do I have a expensive paperweight now even though I backed up the NAND file...

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
When you say a batch install ofcIOS files, what exactly did you install?

If you still have Priiloader installed you should be able to get into that by holding Reset right after powering on the Wii. From there you can go to HBC and start Wiimod again to fix the problem.

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll give that a try and see if that works. Thanks for the advice!
smile.gif

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
petspeed, I tried your advice and it didn't seem to work.
frown.gif

As for the cIOS files, they were on the memory card that I copied from the 'COPY TO SD' that I created when I was using ModMii on Friday.

I confess that I've never heard of a problem like this before, a Wii not working after installing cIOS files and trying to get back to the System Menu from the Homebrew Channel.

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, I thought you had to hold it for 5 seconds... *sweatdrop* JoostinOnline, would you say that it's safe to hold the RESET button for at least a minute...

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's two bootmii icons installed on the Homebrew Channel; one of which says something about bootmii as boot 2.

Sorry for asking all these questions, but I've never had something like this happen before and I'd rather try everything possible before taking it to a repair shop tomorrow.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
borgmanjayce said:
There's two bootmii icons installed on the Homebrew Channel; one of which says something about bootmii as boot 2.

Sorry for asking all these questions, but I've never had something like this happen before and I'd rather try everything possible before taking it to a repair shop tomorrow.
I'm sorry, but now I am a little confused. Did you say you have access to the Homebrew Channel?

When you first modded your Wii, the Hackmii Installer would have told you if it was possible to install bootmii as boot2 or just as an IOS. If you were able to install bootmii as boot2, just put the bootmii files in the proper place on your SD card and launch the Homebrew Channel from bootmii. Or restore your Wii with a NAND backup.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
What is your serial number of the wii? (ie. LU645067......)

When you power on the wii does the blue drive slot led flash twice quickly?

Since you have a nand backup, no matter what I can fix your wii and I'm a lot cheaper than most repair shops that only know how to replace the motherboard.

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lacius said:
borgmanjayce said:

I'm sorry, but now I am a little confused. Did you say you have access to the Homebrew Channel?

When you first modded your Wii, the Hackmii Installer would have told you if it was possible to install bootmii as boot2 or just as an IOS. If you were able to install bootmii as boot2, just put the bootmii files in the proper place on your SD card and launch the Homebrew Channel from bootmii. Or restore your Wii with a NAND backup.

Before the Wii got supposedly bricked, I remember seeing two bootmii icons on the Homebrew Channel amongst the homebrew that I could select.

I modded my Wii practically a year ago so I can't exactly remember what the Hackmii installer said about installing bootmii, unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, how do I restore my Wii with a NAND backup?

DeadlyFoez, thanks for your kind offer, but unfortunately it looks like I'd have to decline as I live in the UK.

My serial number is LEH20784242[7]

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
borgmanjayce said:
Is there a particular folder I should put them in if I download them from this site?
On the root of your SD card, there should be a folder called bootmii. In that folder, there should be files armboot.bin, bootmii.ini, and ppcboot.elf.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
borgmanjayce said:
Lacius said:
Try putting the bootmii files on your SD card and see if bootmii loads.

Is there a particular folder I should put them in if I download them from this site?
You can get them from ModMii. It will download a folder named "bootmii". Save that to the root of your SD card.

Bad_Ad84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its probably not boot2 capable. But as deadly said - its right on the border.

You will probably need your nand backup reprogramming onto your nand externally.

Im in the UK and offer this service - let me know if you want to go that route, as its sounds like its your only option at this point (and cheaper than a new console).

Thanks deadly for bringing this thread to my attention.

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
I can't tell by your serial number if your wii is bootmii boot2 compatible or not. Your number is too close to say for sure. Bad_Ad84 can help you. I'll ask him to chime in here.

It's a PAL one from the UK if that's any help...

In the meantime, I'd like to say "Thanks" to those who've offered me advice so far. I'll give the ModMii another go tomorrow morning and see how things go from there with the bootmii files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.