borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bad_Ad84, I'll be sending you a PM concerning the Wii itself as I definitely would like you to fix it if you can.

By the way, which part of the UK do you live in? I live in Runcorn near Liverpool.

EDIT: Can anyone recommend a good cIOS for Bad_Ad84 to use with priiloader for more recent games as I'll be using his services to fix my Wii.

Bad_Ad84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To clarify - He wants his CIOS updating and in all honesty, I have not kept up with Wii stuff.

If someone can post what ever is the cios to have, I will update him to that once its repaired.

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Bad_Ad84 said:
D2X is the part I needed. Method is up to the user (aka me).

Thanks
More specifically:
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v6
250[57] d2x v6

Thanks for assisting Bad_Ad84 with the cIOSes that he needs. I take it once these are installed, the cIOSes won't need to be updated for quite a while?

That's what I like about the forums here. Even though there are a few trolls here (then again, every forum always has at least one troll), the majority of people are always willing to help others here where they can with whatever problems they may have with their consoles.

I know one thing's certain, I definitely won't be doing any cIOS installing for a long time and the only installing I'll be doing on my Wii is of the homebrew kind!
smile.gif

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Considering that setup works great, I doubt you will need to update them again.

That's definitely good to know and of course, I take it that it's definitely safe to install homebrew again through the Homebrew Channel on the SD card and on a external hard drive (I'm thinking of getting a new 1TB USB-powered 2.5" hard drive for Wii backups and homebrew) as well...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
borgmanjayce said:
JoostinOnline said:
Considering that setup works great, I doubt you will need to update them again.

That's definitely good to know and of course, I take it that it's definitely safe to install homebrew again through the Homebrew Channel on the SD card and on a external hard drive (I'm thinking of getting a new 1TB USB-powered 2.5" hard drive for Wii backups and homebrew) as well...
Yes, but if you have an SD card, keep it. You will need it for bootmii (better make a new NAND backup), and both compatibility and speed are better on an SD card.

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll definitely be keeping the SD card within the Wii itself as well as making a new NAND backup (for which I thank God I backed it up in the first place on the SD card!
smile.gif
). I never knew that compatabili9ty and speed were better on a SD card than a external drive although I take it that obviously it's still safe to have folders for ROMs on an external drive?

That's what I like about the Wii, the potential that's been unlocked thanks to people like you, such as being able to play DVDs and CD's, make legit backups of our Wii discs for safekeeping (as well as run the ISOs from said discs on an external hard drive as it's faster than running the game from a disc), etc...

Before I forget, I want to ask if it's possible to edit the hacks.ini file from priiloader in a text file like you can do with certain .ini files from various PSP homebrew as it's still weird that the .ini file from priiloader won't save the hacks themselves and I can't seem to find the relevant option in WiiMod.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
borgmanjayce said:
I'll definitely be keeping the SD card within the Wii itself as well as making a new NAND backup (for which I thank God I backed it up in the first place on the SD card!
smile.gif
). I never knew that compatabili9ty and speed were better on a SD card than a external drive although I take it that obviously it's still safe to have folders for ROMs on an external drive?

That's what I like about the Wii, the potential that's been unlocked thanks to people like you, such as being able to play DVDs and CD's, make legit backups of our Wii discs for safekeeping (as well as run the ISOs from said discs on an external hard drive as it's faster than running the game from a disc), etc...

Before I forget, I want to ask if it's possible to edit the hacks.ini file from priiloader in a text file like you can do with certain .ini files from various PSP homebrew as it's still weird that the .ini file from priiloader won't save the hacks themselves and I can't seem to find the relevant option in WiiMod.
Priiloader doesn't save anything to the hacks.ini file. It merely reads what the hacks are and applies them directly on the system menu. So the hacks are saved on the system menu. Think of the hacks.ini as a kind of readme file for Priiloader.

And make sure you never, ever uninstall anything. Ever. Then you should be fine
smile.gif

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
borgmanjayce said:
smile.gif

what version of priiloader you using??

if it is .07 then the hacks.ini is no longer used

it was changed to hackshash.ini and completely remade you can find it here::

http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/source.../hacks_hash.ini

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
borgmanjayce said:
smile.gif

You need to make the edits in Priiloader, and make sure you choose Save Settings.

And yes, it's safe to use your HDD for everything, it just might not work as well.

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UPDATE: bad_ad84 has fixed my Wii (and fortunately because I had backed up my NAND, I guess it made things a lot easier for him) and I've sent him the payment for the repair so I should get it back in a few days.

At the end of the day, I just want to say how grateful I am for a forum like this where practically everybody gets along with each other and willing to help people, whether they be veterans or newbies.

I've been members of forums where a lot of the members treat others like shit, especially newbies and yet this forum is one of the best I've ever had the pleasure and pride of being a member of!
smile.gif

On another note, I definitely would recommend that those who have a problem with their Wii and who live in the UK use bad_ad84's services as his prices are reasonable and he always keeps you up-to-date with things concerning the repairs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: