Gaming working roms missing from offline

loady

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have always used the icerabbitt europe iso dumps for my roms and used offline list to utilise them, i have many roms that are working well but always show up as missing, becasuse of that i cant add them to extractor...is there an alternative to offline list that will organise and allow you to extract to sd card ??

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.advanscene.com/ and http://datomatic.no-intro.org/ should both have dump lists.

Equally the DS scene is slowing if not stopped (seriously it is just region dupes and fills right now- Ultimate Card Games is about the only notable game still undumped in Europe or N.A.) and as such there is not a great need to continue updating your dats if you just care about games. To this end if your sources are good (PS I would probably edit that name out) you might consider editing the lists by hand to match the roms- it just a crc32 value written in plain text* in the dat file which any number of programs will support the finding of (indeed if they come zip, rar or 7z format those programs will tell you what it is).

This being said if you are already using one of the above two I would consider getting any redumps out there- there are some quite subtle things that can happen in the bad dumps (if it is just the "extra header" stuff though by all means carry on ignoring it). Maybe one day I will build a PAR2 library for the roms.

*sample of what you will see
Code:
Metroid Prime Hunters - First Hunt (Demo)
None
Nintendo
Darkfader

C2FB5233

789F71C4
633C8693
xxxx

Electroplankton
None
Nintendo
Trashman

94767CD4

4CF966EA
82AA0065

See where it says "C2FB5233" That 8 digit number is what you need to change.

loady

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your informative reply. The DAT i am using with offlline list is DS_Europe_(En)_ADVANsCEne, i have just downloaded the other one you directed to and the game titles were no longer red (missing), however i could not select nor add them to the selecter, it is currently updating, seems to be downloading a hell of a lot of .png files, these were already present so i am not sure wheter its downloading missing or just doing the lot again,,hopefully after the missing ones will show up as usable, like i said, there is nothing wrong with the actual roms themselves...i dont quite understand what you were suggesting i do, hand edit EVERY one that is showing as missing ?..i would rather just have the program bulk verify them as not missing so that i could then add them to the selecter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1