Not open for further replies.

jump1136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
chaosisme said:
This is awesome! I used the first link, and it works on my R4SDHC from r4sdhc.com.

I changed a save from one game to .nds.sav and it loaded my old file successfully, but I cannot get Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey to start up at all. It says immediately "Could not access the data, Turn the power OFF and reinsert the DS Card." I've tried patched and unpatched versions, and I have .sav and .nds.sav files on the root.

Anyone get this game to run or have any suggestions on what to do here? Thanks.
me too .my all game says immediately "Could not access the data, Turn the power OFF and reinsert the DS Card." help me

Chambz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
Rockstar said:
chrisbutt said:
It worked perfectly on my R4III-upgrade. All the saves worked as well after renaming them. Great Work!
Can you save your games?
Possibly the .sav is not created with WoodR4 or the sav has been loaded from official kernel.

#Once the sav is loaded from official kernel you can use the sav in WoodR4

Did anything come of this? I still can't get it to load on my R4-III Upgrade. How should it be installed?

chrisbutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All I had to do was copy the _rpg folder and the Wood For Clones.nds file to my memory stick root and then run the nds file from the memory stick. Saving still doesn't work though.

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how my saves worked. I loaded Etrian Odyssey, a game which I already had a save for. The game booted up fine, but would not load my game. I went back and looked at the files on my card, and Wood had created a new save for it, with .nds.sav as the extension.

So, I deleted the new one, and renamed my original to .nds.sav and it loaded my old game just fine.

So, if you don't have a save file for a game already, it will create one. If you want to use your original save in Wood, rename it to .nds.sav first.

This held true for every game I tried it on... except the dreaded SMT:SJ... ugh. Someone make this damn game work already.

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goncalodoom said:
but you cant saves in loads of games
I was able to save games on mine. I'm thinking the problems with saving are only in certain games and not all of Wood.

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i downloaded the latest akaio and renamed it __rpg and it runs perfect on r4sdhc!but what is the diference between akaio and wood_rpg?

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
chaosisme said:
goncalodoom said:
I was able to save games on mine. I'm thinking the problems with saving are only in certain games and not all of Wood.
Does my version work without renaming?
I didn't try it because it had a .dat firmware replacement, and I have yet to have any luck with those at all. I can only run things like R4Menu, YSMenu, and Wood as a .nds file.

I liked the first link in the original post because it was simply a .nds file and 1 folder. Simple!

chaosisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goncalodoom said:
i downloaded the latest akaio and renamed it __rpg and it runs perfect on r4sdhc!but what is the diference between akaio and wood_rpg?

Which R4SDHC do you have? The one from r4sdhc.com? Link to the one you downloaded? Xenon's? Which Kernel are you running?

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
chaosisme said:
goncalodoom said:

Which R4SDHC do you have? The one from r4sdhc.com? Link to the one you downloaded? Xenon's? Which Kernel are you running?
r4sdhc from here http://www.r4sdhc.com/r4sdhc.asp and im using kernell 1.34

Chambz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got Xenon's to work on my R4-III Upgrade, but still no saving. Says memory card has failed or something like that.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chaosisme said:
Xenon++ said:
chaosisme said:
goncalodoom said:
I didn't try it because it had a .dat firmware replacement, and I have yet to have any luck with those at all. I can only run things like R4Menu, YSMenu, and Wood as a .nds file.

I liked the first link in the original post because it was simply a .nds file and 1 folder. Simple!
So just ignore dat. Could you test just akmenu_r4.nds?

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Xenon++ said:
chaosisme said:
Xenon++ said:
chaosisme said:
goncalodoom said:

So just ignore dat. Could you test just akmenu_r4.nds?
thats what i did,cant save during game,the only thing i could see was icons and the theme, no letters appeared on your version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock