Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Mages4ever said:
You can load homebrew on Wood R4 o-o
I think anyways. My BeupLive works o-o
Lol, I was talking about if WoodR4 works on a clone like the R4SDHC. Then again, I think I have read somewhere that ysmenu works on one of the R4SDHC's...although something else about chucking PANDORA first, so it might work fully on a clone.

-edit-
Also, how does one change the icons? (I know enough to take a guess that it has something to do with that folder in the __rpg folder xD, but I don't know much else about it.)

check the acekard section?

found this for you

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99540

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
check the acekard section?

found this for you

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99540
Lol, I was thinking that was just for AKAIO (I can't test it either, but supposedly my friend is going to buy me some parts =D, so maybe one day soon...)

-edit-
lol, I just saw the edit on the bottom of the post. I feel duped xD.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omfg... I just switched to Wood from YSMenu and it's SO MUCH PRETTIER! xD Cant believe how attractive and easy to use it is in comparison..

Anyway just a couple things which I don't think have been mentioned:

For a couple of my DS roms, there's a generic icon next to the game and it says "DS Program File" for the name. One example is the patched Puyo Puyo 15th anniv. rom I have... is there any way to change it? Because I know that in the actual ROM header, it says the right name...

ALSO, I use Moonshell 2 - is there a softreset file for this Wood thing? Not essential, but I still have it set to the old YSMenu softeset.

AMAZING FIRMWARE THOUGH.. So happy I dont have to upgrade my card
smile.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
suruz said:
Omfg... I just switched to Wood from YSMenu and it's SO MUCH PRETTIER! xD Cant believe how attractive and easy to use it is in comparison..

For a couple of my DS roms, there's a generic icon next to the game and it says "DS Program File" for the name. One example is the patched Puyo Puyo 15th anniv. rom I have... is there any way to change it? Because I know that in the actual ROM header, it says the right name...

ALSO, I use Moonshell 2 - is there a softreset file for this Wood thing? Not essential, but I still have it set to the old YSMenu softeset.

smile.gif
For the Moonshell2 softreset, you might be able to just use a decrypted Wood _DS_MENU.DAT (r4denc) and just rename it to R4TF.NDS and place it in the moonshell2's softreset folder.

I think the way that icons work for the WoodR4 would be to get a bmp image 32x32, 16bitdepth (converted with AKEdit?) and rename it to romnamehere.nds.bmp and place it in the "icons" folder (the second part is what I'm not sure about...but I can't check anything because my DS is still busted)

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
suruz said:

smile.gif
For the Moonshell2 softreset, you might be able to just use a decrypted Wood _DS_MENU.DAT (r4denc) and just rename it to R4TF.NDS and place it in the moonshell2's softreset folder.

I think the way that icons work for the WoodR4 would be to get a bmp image 32x32, 16bitdepth (converted with AKEdit?) and rename it to romnamehere.nds.bmp and place it in the "icons" folder (the second part is what I'm not sure about...but I can't check anything because my DS is still busted)

So basically, copy the DAT file thats in the root of my SD, rename it to R4TF.nds and put it in the softreset folder?

Ok thanks, I'll try that..

And ahh okay, didnt know about the icons. The info still wont appear, but that's something at least
wink.gif

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another question for the FAQ, only I do not have the answer (yet)... Here it comes:

How to create .bak files on the fly and how to move them back to .nds.sav.

I haven't found the way to do this in Wood R4, is it possible? If it is possible then how? If not, can this be added to a wish list. I really miss this function, the only drawback I found so far.

Background so you know what I'm talking about:

In the R4 1.18 and YSMENU software you can make a .BAK file this way:
- Press select to make the .SAV files visible
- Press A and A again to confirm to make a backup, a .BAK file is created

To restore the .BAK file:
- Press select to make the .BAK files visible
- Press A and A again to confirm to restore a backup, the .SAV file is overwritten by the backup

Note: In the setup there is a setting for save backups for GBA games, so there is some form of backup for GBA but have not looked at that. I have not found a description of this feature either, so maybe also a FAQ item although not high profile I guess.

For the rest, Wood R4 is GREAT, thanks YWG and GBAtemp!

skaldicpoet9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZetraEX said:
How do I get cheats to fully work? Although I generate the .cc file and all, the codes aren't active.

Edit the globalsettings.ini file in the _rpg folder on your card. There is a parameter called "cheats" set it to "cheats = 1" and they should work.

I have a question regarding the soft reset that was supposed to be fixed in version 1.05. I just downloaded and installed 1.05 but when I try to soft reset nothing happens. Soft reset is when you can press L+R+B+A+X+Y at the same time and the game resets to the R4 menu, correct? If not then I suppose I misunderstood what soft reset is. Otherwise, if that is what soft reset is, it is not working for me.

skaldicpoet9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stropdasje said:
Try L+R+B+A+X+Y+D-pad-down... it works (for me)

It's actually: L+R+A+B+Down, but thanks anyways though. Someone should really post that to the FAQ though, considering us R4 users are used to L+R+A+B+X+Y and not the Acekard soft reset combo.

itzzjason

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i want to save space on my micro sd. is there anything extra i can delete?

this is how i installed wood r4 (cause i don't know the proper way of installing it..i'm noob..so i guessed)
i used the original kernel v. 1.18
unzipped it to the root of micro sd
then unzipped the wood r4 files onto the root

Crocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey ive got a big problem i cant access settings or basicly do anything
i can only just find my rom files and be able to play them

Mages4ever

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For the millionth time, make sure you themes are in K:\__rpg\ui\ and not K:\__rpg\ui\\Random Folder

And you can change the theme you're using in globalsettings.ini

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question.

Does the "Built-in Rom Trimmer" work? And is it working effectively?

Not one of my NDS games has been trimmed, so I'm just asking whether I should turn on the feature and whether it will work and trim all my ROMs on the microSD card without me going to the computer.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Mages4ever said:
I personally don't trim my roms, so I wouldn't know
tongue.gif

Sorry.

That's ok, hopefully someone who does trim will know
smile.gif

On another note:
If I just got WarioWare D.I.Y. will it automatically create my .nds.sav file to the required 32MB, or do I need to create it some other way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo