Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
pilladoll said:
Game name: Alice in Wonderland (U)
Release number: 4762
CRC: 2C65C4FCthis rom crc encrypted/decrypted: 45EB1FD8/9F4435D0.
QUOTEWhat the bug is: Freeze when found the puzzle's pieces.
i found 3 puzzle pieces — nothing wrong happens.

Ryuushii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original r4 and I have been able to play the wood r4 version 1.11 fine.
But when I transfer everything to another micro SD, I can't get past the load screen. I reformatted it and tried again but no luck. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ryuushii said:
I have an original r4 and I have been able to play the wood r4 version 1.11 fine.
But when I transfer everything to another micro SD, I can't get past the load screen. I reformatted it and tried again but no luck. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
MicroSD size maybe? The original R4 can only go up to 2gb usually unless you happen to have the fairly rare 4gb microSD (not SDHC).

Jax2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
* Test On Wood R4 1.11
* Release number reference from ds-scene.net

Game name: Keshikasu-kun: Battle Castival (JPN)
Release number: 5116
CRC: -
Clean ROM: YES
What the bug is: Black screen (Freeze) when play tutorial .
What you did to debug it: No
How you can repeat the bug: Close and Open again.
Etc: -

zwiti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
O hai thar. i Haz a problem.

Sooooo, I've got an ORIGINAL R4, with the latest wood firmware on it. All the games I've had recently have been working just fine, without a problem (ALL CLEAN ROMS(FIFA 09, Pokemon Platinum, Heartgold, Mario Kart, Yu-gi-oh 2007,2008,2009,2010..)). Now I downloaded a few more games and added them to my micro SD and they aren't working well (Mario Bros, Cartoon network racing, Tony Hawk proving ground, FIFA 10, Fifa street 3, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games, Pokemon Mystery dungeon explorers of sky). The games load just fine, without a problem at all. All the menus work good, no problem. The only problem is when I go play the actual game (let's take Fifa 10 for example), when I go play a normal game of football, the game loads fine, but I can't see any characters, players, only the lower screen.. it's hard to explain so here's a screenshot:
screenfifa.png

this should explain it.. IT HAPPENS IN EVERY SINGLE GAME! in cartoon network racing i can't see the drivers, in fifa street i can't see the players.. you got it? if yall didn't I'll screenshot my NDS.. but I think you got it.. so how do I fix it? :/ I don't know what could be wrong, because all the old games work fine..
frown.gif
help me pl0x

zwiti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hgage2003 said:
Try to try mario kart once more - it seems that it is your DSs 3d chip fault. Or try to run any original 3d game.

Mario kart works just fine.. original 3d game works fine, and so do others un-original on my r4.. but only the games ive copied onto my sd card recently don't work :/

FIX PLZ
frown.gif

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
looks like many people migrating from oficial firmware to wood dont' reformat microsd. it is bad approach, because original firmware has fat issues. so caution need to be added to faqs and guides.

wuher69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out- or if this has been answered point me to the thread/post I need

I am using Wood r4 and ezflash V in the slot2. I want to take a save file from a GBA game, Pokemon emerald, that I was playing on my computer using VBA. I can't figure out how to get the save file to load when I run the game. (When opening the GBA game I just run it straight through the wood menu, I do not use gba exploader)

One thing I tried was updating to a fresh wood install, putting the emerald game on there, and starting a new game. I saved and powered down, then located the emerald.gba.sav file on the microSD card. I deleted it, and put my save file from the VBA folder in there making sure to name it exactly what it was named by wood. I loaded the game back up, and somehow it loads my fresh save that I had deleted. How is this happening- and what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wuher69 said:
Can someone help me out- or if this has been answered point me to the thread/post I need

I am using Wood r4 and ezflash V in the slot2. I want to take a save file from a GBA game, Pokemon emerald, that I was playing on my computer using VBA. I can't figure out how to get the save file to load when I run the game. (When opening the GBA game I just run it straight through the wood menu, I do not use gba exploader)

One thing I tried was updating to a fresh wood install, putting the emerald game on there, and starting a new game. I saved and powered down, then located the emerald.gba.sav file on the microSD card. I deleted it, and put my save file from the VBA folder in there making sure to name it exactly what it was named by wood. I loaded the game back up, and somehow it loads my fresh save that I had deleted. How is this happening- and what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Check if the save file types are the same, ie. Flash 128k? See what VBA is saving it as and what WoodR4 is trying to read...I have no idea if this is right, but that is sort of what it says here:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14925.

panda_love

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Game name: The Lord of the Rings : Conquest *MULTi5*
Release number: 3238
CRC: I don't know
Clean ROM: YES
What the bug is: I can't start the game. It freezes after the Nintendo Logo
I'm using Wood v1.11

Can somebody help me?

Johri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Game name: Pokemon SoulSilver, Platinum and HeartGold.
Release number: 4842, 3797 and 4841
CRC: Not sure what this is
Clean ROM: SS and HG were anti-freeze patched, Platinum is clean ROM.
What the bug is: Games freeze during the load or after 1-2 minutes of playing
What you did to debug it: Had this happening on the original OS I got with my R4 which was on 1.18, then formatted SD and tried Wood R4 1.11 last night, worked perfectly and today they've started freezing again
How you can repeat the bug: Playing the games lol. They always freeze at a different point though, as in sometimes they freeze right after "Loading", other times they freeze in the middle of a battle or something.

Also, I put the temporary cheat database in __rpg/cheats but when I press start then settings there's no such thing as cheats for me to choose.
ohmy.gif

Thanks in advance!

appledrank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name: Dragon Quest IX (with Xenon crack-tro)
Release #:5018
Clean ROM: nope. Xenon cracktro
What the bug is: I'm using wood r4 1.09 and whenever I go into tag mode, it freezes up and I have to reset the DS. But when I turn the DS back on, it acts as if there's no cartridge inside. I'd have to wait a while before it can read it again. I don't know if that's the result of freezing in tag mode or not.
What you did to debug it: haven't debugged it yet. will try wood 1.11.
How you can repeat the bug: Wood R4 1.09 with Dragon Quest IX Xenon cracktro and go into tag mode and after a while it freezes. you can't go back to Stornway Inn.
I'm using a DS phat with a ShopTemp R4, if that matters

appledrank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name: Top Spin 3 (U)
Release #:2392
Clean ROM: Maybe. dumped by Xenophobia
What the bug is: I'm using wood 1.11 and after playing for about thirty minutes or so the screen goes black and it says that the game card has been removed. Happened the two times I've played this game.
How you can repeat the bug: Just play the game and it tells me the game card isn't being read or that it isn't there

Using ShopTemp R4.

Could it be a contact issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol