Hacking WOOD R4 1.29 won't save on SD card

dinz0122

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi. I have a question about my R4i Gold card. It is one of those discontinued ones (the website on the card says r4ids.com, but now gets support from r4ids.cn). I have been using the 1.35 kernel from r4ids.cn for a long while with no problem, but I've heard a lot about the Wood r4 kernel and how I can play newer games on it, so I've decided to update my kernel.

I formatted my SD card, put the new 1.51 kernel in it, and updated that with the latest Wood R4 (1.29). The games play on it alright, but it won't save at all. I mean, it will make an automatic save when I start the game, but if I try to actually save the game in game, when I turn off my DS and turn it on again, Wood won't load anymore. Plugging the SD card into my computer would tell me that it needs formatting, meaning it has been corrupted in the saving process. If I soft-reset after saving the game, the game will tell me the save file has been deleted because it is corrupted.

I've tried to change the save file setting from .sav to .nds.sav, but this happens no matter what I do. I've now formatted my card for over 10 times. I'd like to know, is this a problem with my SD card, with my R4i card, or with something else? Any solution before I give in and go buy an Acekard? Any help will be appreciated. ^^

dinz0122

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Tried with another SD card. Same problem. Contacted the r4i people and they said it's the first time someone reported this bug...

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could try the error correcting option in windows (forgot what it was called in English >.>"). I have had the same problem with a faulty SD card reader built into my laptop. My solution was very simple, just use a USB reader and use the error correcting option in windows let it run and see if it works.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
Checkdisk.

*headdesk*

anyways, i remembered how to use checkdisk. You right-click on the drive for your Micro-SD and select properties. Select the tab extra. Now look for check disk and hit the button check now (you will need admin rights to do this). A new window will pop up, check both boxes and hit start. It will take some while, but at least you can rule out, whether or not the card is corrupted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)