OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSTT and a 2gb sandisk micro sd. I had it almost all the way full and then i would go to play a game and it wouldn't load the game, just start then freeze. I then tried to fix it but nothing worked so i tried to just take alot of my games off until it did. I took off games until i was about at 600 mb worth of games then they worked again. What am i doing wrong? New firmware doesn't fix the problem and i even have two DSTT's and it happends on both so it's not a problem with the flashcart. Please help because there's no use in having a 2gb card if i cant fil'er up.

-Elisha

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fosteliss said:
I have a DSTT and a 2gb sandisk micro sd. I had it almost all the way full and then i would go to play a game and it wouldn't load the game, just start then freeze. I then tried to fix it but nothing worked so i tried to just take alot of my games off until it did. I took off games until i was about at 600 mb worth of games then they worked again. What am i doing wrong? New firmware doesn't fix the problem and i even have two DSTT's and it happends on both so it's not a problem with the flashcart. Please help because there's no use in having a 2gb card if i cant fil'er up.

-Elisha

Put them in folder, not in the root menu.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The FAT file system limits the number of files that can go on the root. You also need to have some free space on the microSD for save files, but that doesn't seem to be your problem. Like Nakura said, put all your .nds and .sav files into a "games" folder and it should work.

-Bri

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're formatted to fat, keep each folder under 20 games or so, as each game can become 3 files, with the save a cheat file.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a limit to the number of files that can be in a folder. There is only a limit to the number of files on the root. I have all my games in a "games" folder (there are probably 50 or 60 of them) and it seems to work fine.

-Bri

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a limit to the number of files that can be in a folder. There is only a limit to the number of files on the root. I have all my games in a "games" folder (there are probably 50 or 60 of them) and it seems to work fine.

-Bri

You are probably right, I must admit I must of assumed over the years that it applied to folders too. I had a quick google but couldn't find anything definative about files per folder on fat16. My bad

Damademan3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.davidcblake.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue with my DSTT, i have 33 games on it right now. All my Games are in a "Game" Folder and always have been. However when i start my ds it freezes or doesnt even see the card. I have to take the card out turn the ds on and let it run for a minute and then put it back in and restart and hope to jesus it works.

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damademan3 said:
I have the same issue with my DSTT, i have 33 games on it right now. All my Games are in a "Game" Folder and always have been. However when i start my ds it freezes or doesnt even see the card. I have to take the card out turn the ds on and let it run for a minute and then put it back in and restart and hope to jesus it works.

Return it and get a new one.

Damademan3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.davidcblake.com
XP
Country
United States
Nakura said:
Damademan3 said:

i got in contact with gameyeaaah to return it last week. I have stopped really kind of wondering shipping to Hong Kong and if i want to be without for a month. I looked up on USPS.com and they said 1.07 for shipping to HK, some reason i doubt when its 6 bucks to send stuff back home to ohio.

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damademan3 said:
Nakura said:
Damademan3 said:

i got in contact with gameyeaaah to return it last week. I have stopped really kind of wondering shipping to Hong Kong and if i want to be without for a month. I looked up on USPS.com and they said 1.07 for shipping to HK, some reason i doubt when its 6 bucks to send stuff back home to ohio.

Get a new one on DealExtreme for $20 and Free Shipping.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, some DSTT's do have problems with the contacts. Next time it might be worth it to buy it from a store like leetmod.com which tests the carts before shipping them. Or you can request that the store you buy from test the cart (some will, some won't).

Damademan3, have you ruled out other possibilities like a bad microSD card? Try it with another microSD card if you have one. If not, try reformatting your card and see if that helps.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, thx