Wont execute play

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by fosteliss, May 10, 2008.

May 10, 2008

Wont execute play by fosteliss at 8:27 PM (1,242 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. fosteliss
    OP

Newcomer fosteliss Member

United States
    I have a DSTT and a 2gb sandisk micro sd. I had it almost all the way full and then i would go to play a game and it wouldn't load the game, just start then freeze. I then tried to fix it but nothing worked so i tried to just take alot of my games off until it did. I took off games until i was about at 600 mb worth of games then they worked again. What am i doing wrong? New firmware doesn't fix the problem and i even have two DSTT's and it happends on both so it's not a problem with the flashcart. Please help because there's no use in having a 2gb card if i cant fil'er up.

-Elisha

2. Nakura

Member Nakura GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Put them in folder, not in the root menu.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The FAT file system limits the number of files that can go on the root. You also need to have some free space on the microSD for save files, but that doesn't seem to be your problem. Like Nakura said, put all your .nds and .sav files into a "games" folder and it should work.

-Bri

4. fosteliss
    OP

Newcomer fosteliss Member

United States
    oh, ok!!! I did have them on the root but i'll try putting them in folders.
    thanks alot!

-Elisha

5. Saladman

Newcomer Saladman Advanced Member

United States
    If you're formatted to fat, keep each folder under 20 games or so, as each game can become 3 files, with the save a cheat file.

6. Bri

United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a limit to the number of files that can be in a folder. There is only a limit to the number of files on the root. I have all my games in a "games" folder (there are probably 50 or 60 of them) and it seems to work fine.

-Bri

7. Saladman

Newcomer Saladman Advanced Member

United States
    You are probably right, I must admit I must of assumed over the years that it applied to folders too. I had a quick google but couldn't find anything definative about files per folder on fat16. My bad

8. Damademan3

Newcomer Damademan3 Advanced Member

United States
    I have the same issue with my DSTT, i have 33 games on it right now. All my Games are in a "Game" Folder and always have been. However when i start my ds it freezes or doesnt even see the card. I have to take the card out turn the ds on and let it run for a minute and then put it back in and restart and hope to jesus it works.

9. Nakura

United States
    Return it and get a new one.

10. Damademan3

United States
    i got in contact with gameyeaaah to return it last week. I have stopped really kind of wondering shipping to Hong Kong and if i want to be without for a month. I looked up on USPS.com and they said 1.07 for shipping to HK, some reason i doubt when its 6 bucks to send stuff back home to ohio.

11. Nakura

United States
    Get a new one on DealExtreme for $20 and Free Shipping.

12. Damademan3

United States
    its sounds good for 20 bucks but if its that cheap to ship back then i will do that and wait 4 weeks vs 2 weeks and out more money. ill find out later.

13. Bri

United States
    Unfortunately, some DSTT's do have problems with the contacts. Next time it might be worth it to buy it from a store like leetmod.com which tests the carts before shipping them. Or you can request that the store you buy from test the cart (some will, some won't).

Damademan3, have you ruled out other possibilities like a bad microSD card? Try it with another microSD card if you have one. If not, try reformatting your card and see if that helps.

-Bri