With USA release of brawl comming soon

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MrDo, Feb 21, 2008.

Feb 21, 2008
  1. MrDo
    OP

Newcomer MrDo Member

United States
    Do you guys think there is any chance of a Wii-key upgrade that will allow use of the retail original version of brawl.

I havent heard any news on this in a while. I dont really have my hopes up. i guess it doesnt matter much since the dump should work.. But i pre-ordered the game and would like to use the original disk if possible.

Plus for future releases...

2. xfrostx

Newcomer xfrostx Member

United States
    they probably will..

3. quadomatic

Member quadomatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If they don't, a lot of people will be angry.

4. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    I'm really not going to like having to download and burn a game that I own an original of.

The alternative is to install a switch for (the ground wire?) of your wiikey but that requires effort on your part so ugh.

5. quadomatic

Member quadomatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wasn't the WiiKey source leaked? If so, couldn't someone make an update?

6. Zerxer

Member Zerxer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wait, these modchips prevent you from playing actual retail copies of games? You can only play your burned ones..?

Sorry, I know nothing of the modchips yet.. but I'm trying to learn as quick as possible since I bought a Wii off eBay yesterday.

7. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    If you have an american game in an american console, the game should work fine. The update is needed for people like me that are planning on importing the game.

8. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The problem was the retail NTSC-J copy was not working on a JPN Wii w/Wiikey. So the same is most likely true for the NTSC-U version. They're supposed to be working on this Wiikey update but now that backups are confirmed working, maybe it's not one of their top priorities.

I can't really agree with people complaining about the problem though if they can own/return/cancel preorder their retail copy. I'm not saying anyone here is one of those complainers, just to make things clear.

9. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    they release news thru www.wiinewz.com now, they are working on an update for the official SSBB now. They replied @ the jap release. But the backups work, so probably the US backup will work also.

10. bell

Newcomer bell Member

Sweden
    It's ONLY wiikey that have issues with original games and ONLY with original dual layer games and at the moment they only dyal layer game that exist for the Wii is the JAP version of SSBB.

11. MrDo
    OP

Newcomer MrDo Member

United States
    Well, i am not complaining. I definately have no problem using a backup copy to play. I did pre-order the original, and actually have a replacement unchipped DVD drive.

I was just wondering if they were actually still working on this. Since the DL backups are infact working, maybe they put this off the list of things to do... That would be a shame though.

I guess it is still wait and see.. Not a big deal, maybe in the meantime i will install a switch.... Probably not such a bad idea anyway.

12. Keylogger

Member Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    Do you think i'll be possible to continue the game with the JAP save?
    Because i have played about 200hours with the JAP release and I don't want to restart the game

13. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    GameS? The ONLY game this problem is with is SSBB.

14. Tripp

Member Tripp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not at this point in time. Saves are region locked.

15. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Sorry about that. [​IMG] I wasn't aware that the original didn't even work on the Jap consoles.

16. mickthestud

Member mickthestud GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    does anybody else see the irony here for the first time ever we have an excuse for downloading the game and not buying it everyone wants to buy it instead...

17. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    "with the usa release of brawl coming soon"...

I wonder if we would get a dump which is more reliable than our current one?

18. bell

Newcomer bell Member

Sweden
    Like I said above, at the moment there only exist one dual layer game. But unless WiiKey releases a fix this will be true for all new original dual layer games.

19. Hermessz

Member Hermessz GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    The purpose of a chip is running backups. The fact the backup game works cancle most of their work on the update, it's not their top priority, but it still important.
    Why SMG update released? Because its backups didn't work, and a red light poped up in wiikey's team, but the backup works almost great (no masterpieces and random match in WiFi don't work) so just wait for update or download.

20. MrDo
    OP

Newcomer MrDo Member

United States
    I actually think random wifi matches not working has nothing to do with the backup.

I think it is becuase of USA Wii's are not able to join random japan Wifi matches... I could be wrong tho.. but IGn couldnt join wifi matches on their legit JPA copies in the USA either.. May have to do with connection distance... Their servers may reject connections over a certain amount of ping time.