Hacking With USA release of brawl comming soon

MrDo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think there is any chance of a Wii-key upgrade that will allow use of the retail original version of brawl.

I havent heard any news on this in a while. I dont really have my hopes up. i guess it doesnt matter much since the dump should work.. But i pre-ordered the game and would like to use the original disk if possible.

Plus for future releases...

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm really not going to like having to download and burn a game that I own an original of.

The alternative is to install a switch for (the ground wire?) of your wiikey but that requires effort on your part so ugh.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait, these modchips prevent you from playing actual retail copies of games? You can only play your burned ones..?

Sorry, I know nothing of the modchips yet.. but I'm trying to learn as quick as possible since I bought a Wii off eBay yesterday.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have an american game in an american console, the game should work fine. The update is needed for people like me that are planning on importing the game.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have an american game in an american console, the game should work fine. The update is needed for people like me that are planning on importing the game.
The problem was the retail NTSC-J copy was not working on a JPN Wii w/Wiikey. So the same is most likely true for the NTSC-U version. They're supposed to be working on this Wiikey update but now that backups are confirmed working, maybe it's not one of their top priorities.

I can't really agree with people complaining about the problem though if they can own/return/cancel preorder their retail copy. I'm not saying anyone here is one of those complainers, just to make things clear.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you guys think there is  any chance of a Wii-key upgrade that will allow use of the retail original version of brawl.

I havent heard any news on this in a while. I dont really have my hopes up. i guess it doesnt matter much since the dump should work.. But i pre-ordered the game and would like to use the original disk if possible.

Plus for future releases...
they release news thru www.wiinewz.com now, they are working on an update for the official SSBB now. They replied @ the jap release. But the backups work, so probably the US backup will work also.

bell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, these modchips prevent you from playing actual retail copies of games? You can only play your burned ones..

It's ONLY wiikey that have issues with original games and ONLY with original dual layer games and at the moment they only dyal layer game that exist for the Wii is the JAP version of SSBB.

MrDo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i am not complaining. I definately have no problem using a backup copy to play. I did pre-order the original, and actually have a replacement unchipped DVD drive.

I was just wondering if they were actually still working on this. Since the DL backups are infact working, maybe they put this off the list of things to do... That would be a shame though.

I guess it is still wait and see.. Not a big deal, maybe in the meantime i will install a switch.... Probably not such a bad idea anyway.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Do you think i'll be possible to continue the game with the JAP save?
Because i have played about 200hours with the JAP release and I don't want to restart the game

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you think i'll be possible to continue the game with the JAP save?
Because i have played about 200hours with the JAP release and I don't want to restart the game

no ofcourse not

Wait, these modchips prevent you from playing actual retail copies of games? You can only play your burned ones..

It's ONLY wiikey that have issues with original games and ONLY with original dual layer games and at the moment they only dyal layer game that exist for the Wii is the JAP version of SSBB.
GameS? The ONLY game this problem is with is SSBB.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The problem was the retail NTSC-J copy was not working on a JPN Wii w/Wiikey. So the same is most likely true for the NTSC-U version. They're supposed to be working on this Wiikey update but now that backups are confirmed working, maybe it's not one of their top priorities.

I can't really agree with people complaining about the problem though if they can own/return/cancel preorder their retail copy. I'm not saying anyone here is one of those complainers, just to make things clear.

Sorry about that.
smile.gif
I wasn't aware that the original didn't even work on the Jap consoles.

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
does anybody else see the irony here for the first time ever we have an excuse for downloading the game and not buying it everyone wants to buy it instead...

bell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

GameS? The ONLY game this problem is with is SSBB.

Like I said above, at the moment there only exist one dual layer game. But unless WiiKey releases a fix this will be true for all new original dual layer games.

Hermessz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
The purpose of a chip is running backups. The fact the backup game works cancle most of their work on the update, it's not their top priority, but it still important.
Why SMG update released? Because its backups didn't work, and a red light poped up in wiikey's team, but the backup works almost great (no masterpieces and random match in WiFi don't work) so just wait for update or download.

MrDo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually think random wifi matches not working has nothing to do with the backup.

I think it is becuase of USA Wii's are not able to join random japan Wifi matches... I could be wrong tho.. but IGn couldnt join wifi matches on their legit JPA copies in the USA either.. May have to do with connection distance... Their servers may reject connections over a certain amount of ping time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night