ROM Hack [WIP] Yo-kai Watch 4 ++ Switch English Translation Project

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Google Translate is using machine translation to translate.
Machine translation is collective word of any site and tool translating something without human translating it.
Ah, so Google Translate basically.

Doesn't that break the game? There are set character limits for the game's dialogues, no?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Doesn't that break the game? There are set character limits for the game's dialogues, no?
Dunno how is in this case because with Japanese devs things are never normal, but this is not GC/PS2 era. If game is designed properly, character limits don't exist. You are limited then only to how much characters can be fit into text window without going out of bounds.

Vitalkrilov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so Google Translate basically.

Nope. This game is extremely good in this moment -- you can write as much text as you want (if there is very many characters, they will just go out of screen border, but nothing crashes).

Vitalkrilov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please explain how to insert the text? I cant instal it.:sad:
If you need a guide for Ryujinx (or you can try to adapt it for your device/emulator).

In this guide I showed how to install my whole game's translation mod. But if you need to install this thread's mod, you can unpack their archive and find similar files in it.

Here is an address of youtube video:

Last edited by Vitalkrilov,

AliceWalsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you need a guide for Ryujinx (or you can try to adapt it for your device/emulator).

In this guide I showed how to install my whole game's translation mod. But if you need to install this thread's mod, you can unpack their archive and find similar files in it.

Here is an address of youtube video:

Can you tell me please how to translate a game without knowing japanese?
Post automatically merged:

Can you tell me please how to translate a game without knowing japanese?
does i translate the nsp? Thx

Last edited by AliceWalsh,
  • Haha
Reactions: masagrator

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tonight we have a very special new revamped and rebooted YW4++ mod release for the community with version 0.0.0! Originally I had handed this translation project off to another team while I juggled other projects at the time, so I never got to really dive head first into this translation but that has now changed. I've had a lot of VERY talented and awesome individuals join the fight to bring these amazing untranslated YW games to the community and public world in general by putting in countless long and agonizing modding hours in with me. Not going to drag this message out too long but just wanted to give thanks to some of those amazing new modders helping out on this revamped project. I'm talking to you Light, Sofuto, MegaCatYu, Emanuele. Ruby, Miken, Rena, Inochi-PM, and the entire Italian YW translation team! Without each and everyone one of these people this release tonight wouldn't be a thing. I hope you all enjoy this latest release and I'd love more then anything to be able to sit back and watch some good stream and Youtube videos of you guys checking it out so please feel free to DM me them or post them in the Community discord! On closing, this release goes all the way up to the end of Chapter 2 and some into Chapter 3 of the game. Along with about 80% of the end game Blasters ++ content busted out. With that, Chapter 1 is completely polished and done and that is the quality standard we will be taking with the mod development of the entire game. Chapter 2/3 still have to be fully polished to match the quality of Chapter 1 but it is being worked on. More updates coming soon! ENJOY!

AliceWalsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tonight we have a very special new revamped and rebooted YW4++ mod release for the community with version 0.0.0! Originally I had handed this translation project off to another team while I juggled other projects at the time, so I never got to really dive head first into this translation but that has now changed. I've had a lot of VERY talented and awesome individuals join the fight to bring these amazing untranslated YW games to the community and public world in general by putting in countless long and agonizing modding hours in with me. Not going to drag this message out too long but just wanted to give thanks to some of those amazing new modders helping out on this revamped project. I'm talking to you Light, Sofuto, MegaCatYu, Emanuele. Ruby, Miken, Rena, Inochi-PM, and the entire Italian YW translation team! Without each and everyone one of these people this release tonight wouldn't be a thing. I hope you all enjoy this latest release and I'd love more then anything to be able to sit back and watch some good stream and Youtube videos of you guys checking it out so please feel free to DM me them or post them in the Community discord! On closing, this release goes all the way up to the end of Chapter 2 and some into Chapter 3 of the game. Along with about 80% of the end game Blasters ++ content busted out. With that, Chapter 1 is completely polished and done and that is the quality standard we will be taking with the mod development of the entire game. Chapter 2/3 still have to be fully polished to match the quality of Chapter 1 but it is being worked on. More updates coming soon! ENJOY!
is this game fully translated???

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this game fully translated???
Look at their quote.
With that, Chapter 1 is completely polished and done and that is the quality standard we will be taking with the mod development of the entire game. Chapter 2/3 still have to be fully polished to match the quality of Chapter 1 but it is being worked on.
As for your question, no, it isn't fully translated and this game has 11 chapters.

It is going to take more time for this game to be translated completely and polished.

Please let DrgnMasterKota and translators do their job and Yo-Kai Watch 4 has a lot of dialogues that took very long time to be translated.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Congrats in taking this awesome work back , i can't wait for the final realease

Duckwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having an issue where the game won’t run if I have the mod in the folder. When I remove the mod, then the game with run. Any ideas? I’m on my steam deck if that matters. It used to work, but I did a factory reset and reinstalled all my emulators. All that is good, so I think it has to do with where I’m placing the mod,

This is the folder order I have tried /atmosphere/contents/010086C00AF7C000/Yokai watch 4++ English
I have also tried putting the mod folder here. .config/Ryujinx/mods/contents/contents/010086C00AF7C000/Yokai watch 4++ English

neoxdonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having an issue where the game won’t run if I have the mod in the folder. When I remove the mod, then the game with run. Any ideas? I’m on my steam deck if that matters. It used to work, but I did a factory reset and reinstalled all my emulators. All that is good, so I think it has to do with where I’m placing the mod,

This is the folder order I have tried /atmosphere/contents/010086C00AF7C000/Yokai watch 4++ English
I have also tried putting the mod folder here. .config/Ryujinx/mods/contents/contents/010086C00AF7C000/Yokai watch 4++ English
is your game updated to the newest version?

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
YW4 mod update version 0.0.1 has officially been released! This update finishes the games main story up to Chapter 3 while also polishing up all of Chapter 2 to about 90% compared to Chapter 1. This update also brings about a lot of quality of life improvements for the backend of the game that the team has been polishing up and tweaking as we continue progress for all of the game. Enjoy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1