• Views 365,676
  • Replies 1,022
  • Likes 30

NoctYuyu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been using the save editor a lot, and I've been experiencing a problem. I'm using the latest version in USA.
Whenever I try to save any relationship values (0-200) on any of my residents who are listed past the 30 mark, the editor says I saved them but they do not actually save no matter what I do. I can change relationships to friends, unknown, whatever, and it'll save, but I can't save the changes to their values. It also works fine for any of the residents who are listed from 1-30.
It's an oddly specific issue but I hope that it can be solved.

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i am scared to use this bc lots of ppl said their save got corrupted

You can't lost your save file, when you load a save file this editor make a backup. If you have troubles with your save file, restore your save file from "Backup" folder in save editor location

Hi, I've been using the save editor a lot, and I've been experiencing a problem. I'm using the latest version in USA.
Whenever I try to save any relationship values (0-200) on any of my residents who are listed past the 30 mark, the editor says I saved them but they do not actually save no matter what I do. I can change relationships to friends, unknown, whatever, and it'll save, but I can't save the changes to their values. It also works fine for any of the residents who are listed from 1-30.
It's an oddly specific issue but I hope that it can be solved.

Hi,
thanks, I'll see what goes wrong

oceantae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so great, thank you for making it and continuing to work on it! :lol:

However I do have some issues to report and questions (I have USA copy of Tomodachi Life):
1) in the editor, images are a bit distorted, such as doubling, which makes it tricky to select things
2) I was able to get the Spotpass Clothes but not the Spotpass Hats despite several attempts
3) is there a way to unlock specific items within a category instead of all of them?
4) Will changing a mii's gender when they're already married break my save?

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

However I do have some issues to report and questions (I have USA copy of Tomodachi Life):
1) in the editor, images are a bit distorted, such as doubling, which makes it tricky to select things
2) I was able to get the Spotpass Clothes but not the Spotpass Hats despite several attempts
3) is there a way to unlock specific items within a category instead of all of them?

Hi,
1/ Can you send a screenshot to see ?
2/ You need to click here to unlock all StreetPass / SpotPass hats
sans-titre-2-png.179928

If It's not work tell me, make sure you have last version.
3/ For now I delete this feature, all version of Tomodachi Life are different, I need to do list all items for each version before restore this feature
4/ I not tested that, but have same sex weddings can cause some troubles in the game, if you have trouble you can restore an older save file in "Backup" folder in Save editor location

I hope I help you, if you still have troubles tell me

Attachments

• Sans titre 2.png
    Sans titre 2.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 554
Last edited by Brion,
Reactions: oceantae

Presentation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can say with certainty that unless you change a Mii so that it ends up in a same-sex marriage, changing gender once they're married won't break the game!

Reactions: oceantae and Brion

Ka11ie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems as if whenever I try to save on the newest one, it takes me to the save repair screen, and its corrupt when I launch TL, Japanese version btw. Any fix?

oceantae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I attached them, hopefully you can see.
2) I tried that as well and it still doesn't work. I can get the SP Clothes but not the hats, and I believe I have the latest version. I'm using Epsilon. Should I be using Gamma? Update 2: I tried it with Gamma and still does not work, same result.
3) That makes sense, thank you.
4) I'll test it out sometime and let you know how it goes.

Attachments

• Tomodachi-Life-Save-Editor_2019-09-21_07-29-24.png
    Tomodachi-Life-Save-Editor_2019-09-21_07-29-24.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 360
  • Tomodachi-Life-Save-Editor_2019-09-21_07-30-02.png
    Tomodachi-Life-Save-Editor_2019-09-21_07-30-02.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 331
Last edited by oceantae,

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It seems as if whenever I try to save on the newest one, it takes me to the save repair screen, and its corrupt when I launch TL, Japanese version btw. Any fix?

If you click on save button and you have this :
sans-titre-2-png.180195

you need to fix header, click on TL virus icon and click on save button, if your save file still corrupted tell me.

1) I attached them, hopefully you can see.
2) I tried that as well and it still doesn't work. I can get the SP Clothes but not the hats, and I believe I have the latest version. I'm using Epsilon. Should I be using Gamma? Update 2: I tried it with Gamma and still does not work, same result.
3) That makes sense, thank you.
4) I'll test it out sometime and let you know how it goes.

1/ I see, it's not supposed to happen...
2/ I do something wrong, StreetPass Hats has same position as StreetPass clothes, I will update this

Attachments

• Sans titre 2.png
    Sans titre 2.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 460
Reactions: oceantae

oceantae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you again for all your work. :shy: The latest update made hats works!

Is there any way to delete all clothes for an individual mii?

Ely3478

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I make my Mii want to marry another one? I have two that have max friendship and love and whatever but they haven't proposed and it's been weeks since I have used the editor to do this. I also tried to set it so that my Mii would be in love with the other Mii and I assumed that he would propose to her, but it just made him have the love emotion but glitchy, as in he had the love text dialogue but clicking on his thought bubble just made him say a random thing rather than wanting to propose. I am kinda scared to just make them married and then assign them a house because I don't wanna mess something up. Is it also possible to force them to have a baby?

Aspendragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for continously updating this, and i have a question: does this work on the citra emulator? I've tested it out and all i've gotten so far is the loading screen with "Creating Save Data"

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How would I make my Mii want to marry another one? I have two that have max friendship and love and whatever but they haven't proposed and it's been weeks since I have used the editor to do this. I also tried to set it so that my Mii would be in love with the other Mii and I assumed that he would propose to her, but it just made him have the love emotion but glitchy, as in he had the love text dialogue but clicking on his thought bubble just made him say a random thing rather than wanting to propose. I am kinda scared to just make them married and then assign them a house because I don't wanna mess something up. Is it also possible to force them to have a baby?

You can do it with an interaction, but for USA version interactions are not listed, I working to do the list, you can also force them to have a baby with interactions

Thanks for continously updating this, and i have a question: does this work on the citra emulator? I've tested it out and all i've gotten so far is the loading screen with "Creating Save Data"

Yes it's work on the citra emulator, you can see a tuto in manual in the editor
You need to create your save file in the emulator before
Click right on Tomodachi Life and "open save data location". You will have your save file in SavedataArc.txt format

misscaramels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the new version wasn't letting my save file load up. Tried using an earlier version but it always says "savedataArc. Not load.
Save game is corrupted or not a save file." The only thing missing in my game is the explorer option. Is this why?

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, the new version wasn't letting my save file load up. Tried using an earlier version but it always says "savedataArc. Not load.
Save game is corrupted or not a save file." The only thing missing in my game is the explorer option. Is this why?

Hi,
if you have lot of errors when you load your save file you need to use JK's save manager, A version of Checkpoint cause some troubles in save file ( see issue #36 on Github).

misscaramels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, thanks so much for the quick response. already have been using JK's Save Manager.
This is the steps I've done:
-open JK save manager
- Go to titles
-Tomo Life
-Save Data
-Make new save file
-Go onto the computer, press open file: Doesn't show up on most updated version of the save editor, old editor says its corrupted.

Hope i'm not being a bother. Going to go read the issues on GITHUB and see what I can do.

jamescanta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey! love this but i'm having an error trying to get all the export wear. i've tried both clicking on the icon and setting to all available on shop, but I can not get the clothing. The hats work fine, but i don't know why the clothing isn't showing up.

Ely3478

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do it with an interaction, but for USA version interactions are not listed, I working to do the list, you can also force them to have a baby with interactions

How would I activate the interaction for making one Mii marry another? also where is the interaction option?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16