ROM Hack [WIP] The Legend of Fantasy Life [Music replacement]

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am replacing the music from Fantasy Life for Zelda music (and some other video game). I wondered if anyone would be interested in this project. Otherwise, I'll just do it for myself. I'll do a Xdelta patch.

Progress:
Extracting Fantasy Life music: 100%

Music replaced: 13.5%
A wonderful dream -> The last day (Zelda MM)
Alchemist (master song) -> Falling Star Light (Atelier Rorona)
Arcadian scene (outside Castele inner wall (not sure if used in other city)) -> Outset Island (Zelda TWW)
Avatar making -> Credit roll (zelda TWW)
Bar -> Milk Bar (Zelda MM)
Big Plain -> Hyrule Field (Zelda TP)
Born to Battle -> Mini-Boss (Zelda TWW)
Castele inner wall -> Windfall Island (Zelda TWW)
Castle -> Hyrule Castle (Zelda ALTTP)
Life Choice (main menu) -> Hyrulian (remix of the main theme)

Sfx replaced: 0% (probably not in the initial release)

Moflex replaced: 0% (To replace the subtitle of the master song. Will begin when the moflex file will be editable.)

Last edited by medoli900,
Reactions: OctopusRift

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's interesting... .. Have you chosen which Zelda game(s) you will stick to (gaining some audio-uniformity)? Or you'll mix everything up?

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll mix it up to stick with Fantasy Life music feel. But it will feature TWW, MM/OOT and TP prominently since I grew up with these game. A minority of music will come from other game (like the Alchemist master song, which I replaced with Falling Star Light from Atelier Rorona).

Edit: I hesitate between Ocean Redux V2 (TWW) and Lake Hylia (TP) for Tortuga Archipelago (day). The first match with the area while the second match with the music. Also, I was thinking about replacing the exploration area night music wiith Midna's Suite, but the music have more a sad feeling related to it more than darkness. Anyone have a better suggestion? Maybe Dark World Overworld?

Last edited by medoli900,
Reactions: Walker D

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll mix it up to stick with Fantasy Life music feel. But it will feature TWW, MM/OOT and TP prominently since I grew up with these game.
Cool.. ... But definitely take a look at A Link Between Worlds.. It has some good renditions of some old tunes.

I also like Tal Tal Heights from Link's Awakening and some tunes from Spirit Tracks (that game is underrated.. ..It has some good tunes in it), but I'm not sure if this ones fit the vibe you are looking for..

Good luck :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?