ROM Hack [WIP] The Fourth Dimension: A Super Mario 3D land level editor

Choon555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not yet, but you can still modify levels, and make your own version of them! Just like the special worlds :D
But then, how did exelix11 import that water box? Was part of the level model, and then did he add water as an object, or was it a model swap of an existing object?

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ooo I am sorry you can import custom model, but they will have no collission, because the .kcl- and .pa file, we dont know how they function

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But then, how did exelix11 import that water box? Was part of the level model, and then did he add water as an object, or was it a model swap of an existing object?
Yes, that was a model import, it's just an obj converted to bcmdl, i didn't wrote how to do it yet because i'm working on the collisions format, or else the player would fall through the models, the water platform in the video doesn't have collisions, has a waterbox(already in the game) overlapped to the model, so it works.

Last edited by exelix11,

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What did you discover, care to share some info :D... and another thing when I place an object that wasnt originally in the level do I have to add it to the preloadfile list?

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What did you discover, care to share some info :D... and another thing when I place an object that wasnt originally in the level do I have to add it to the preloadfile list?
I don't know if it's needed or not, in my tests i always added the object to the list to avoid crashes (or at least i thought it would crash), but once i tried adding one of those bouncing platforms to the stage without adding it to the list and it worked.

For the collisions there are two files, a .kcl and a .pa, the kcl is piratically the same format as mario kart 7 with a few changes, one of those is that collisions flags are indexes of data in the pa file. The pa file is similar to the smg pa format, here there are always 5 values for each object, their name is hashed, 4 of them are the same as smg (i don't know how they got the names out of the hashes) : Wall_code, Sound_code, Floor_code and Camera_through, the last, if the format is like smg should be related to the camera, in mario galaxy is Camera_id. for my tests i'm using 0 for every value.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does it play smooth on the actually 3ds, as in no lag?
Also would you be willing to share the test course for us to play around in?

Here it is the custom stage, i'm using NTR cfw with layered FS which is faster than hans to test levels, but for this hans will work the same, i tested only with my eur cart of 3d land.
This will replace stage 1-1 with the custom level.

Attachments

• CustomLev.zip
    237.1 KB · Views: 514

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-