ROM Hack [WIP] The Fourth Dimension: A Super Mario 3D land level editor

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The level select model can be found in the objectdata tab. Just replace it. I guess he should edit the clipping maybe for it to show all the time :-)

firegodjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I attempted to add in the Super Mario Sunshine level from here. I converted it to szs using the available tool, generating collision with the included script, and patched it to the CCNT. I added it into a world 1-3 with no decorative objects, shrinking it to a tenth of its normal size for correct relative scaling. I also added a skybox for testing purposes. The problem is, whenever I start the level, Mario just ends up in a blue void, and not the level model I added. There is also no collision. Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong. Should I do something with the texture files?

Mario and the model in T4D
Screenshot (19).png Screenshot (20).png

Mario and the soul-eating blue void on the 3ds (sorry for the awful quality)
WIN_20160813_14_34_13_Pro.jpg

[EDIT] I hope I'm not coming across as the guy who doesn't try to fix it manually first, just asking immediately, I've just been having this problem when adding models, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by firegodjr,

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You must not scale the level in the editor!

You have to find the correct scaling in a 3d program and then export it to obj. Use NW4C to convert to BCMDL and then it will work :-)

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That looks amazing! Will it be available for download?
Thanks a lot :D A download will come soon!

This is epic! Are you planning on remaking the entire game?

As a side note, how did you change the level select model? (Despite the fact that it only shows once you jump into it. ;))
Also thanks a lot :D
That was a bug, because i don't know anything about modelimporting with nw4 and all that. For the model in my Level, i exported the obj from Sketchup, made a nsbmd file with MKDSCM, opened this nsbmd with that program and exported the model to obj again, this is a complicated but the only way for me to get a correct model, that can be imported with EFE. But the stupid thing is, that the bcmdl is very small. So i had scaled the objects in 4D, deleted the collisions from the objects and made an invisible object with collision and placed it over the ground. Also very complicated :wtf:
Because the objects exported with MKDSCM are ever very small, i was forced to export the obj for the level select with Sketchup, and the result was an object, that only appears, when entering. Oh and the SMB title on the startingpoint was NOT intended! The object first appears at this place and i don't know, how big is the chance, that the object appears first at exact this point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone help me, how do you connect warp pipes. Thx ~Ndymario
First add a property with the name GenerateChildren and select for the value type C0List. Then you have to select that property and press on the little block with these 3 points "...". Here you can add an object. For the pipe you can select these objects, who will be conected with your pipe:
Dokan
DokanOutOnly (the pipe disappears when releasing)
DokanSide (A horizontal pipe)
DokanSideOutOnly (Horizontal pipe, that also disappears)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just updated to version 0.6, check the OP
This fixes some crashes, adds a whitehole-like camera (File -> 3d view settings) and makes possible dragging children objects.

This update was released a bit early, i also planned to change the object database format to the same as whitehole, but l couldn't make on time, since i'm going on vacation for a week or more and i won't bring my main pc (and, even if i brought the pc i wouldn't work from there :P). So the new database will come with the next version

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just updated to version 0.6, check the OP
This fixes some crashes, adds a whitehole-like camera (File -> 3d view settings) and makes possible dragging children objects.

This update was released a bit early, i also planned to change the object database format to the same as whitehole, but l couldn't make on time, since i'm going on vacation for a week or more and i won't bring my main pc (and, even if i brought the pc i wouldn't work from there :P). So the new database will come with the next version
There is a really big bug in this version! It does not save! Every time I edit nothing has changed when I open again

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can now download my SMB remake here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c7uajfaghm43rud/AAAmCgyaK4hE2laHRsP9bu4La?dl=0
Maybe someone could take a look at this level, because for some reason, when adding an object like another warpbox or coinbox, the game crashes when loading. Maybe the game can't load many objects at start and many objects should be connected with a CTRviewarea? I don't know

Reactions: exelix11

SunakazeKun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aurumsmods.com
XP
Country
Germany
I present you my first custom level, Ghostly Gardens! It has a lot of spooky things in it, including the eerie piano tiles from World 6 and the graveyard from Special 5. The level was actually created to test a few objects and to see, how things can interact with each other. The level is available in two different variations: Normal and Hard. Both levels can be accessed in World 1.

Click to download

16.png
17.png

20.png
21.png

22.png

Last edited by SunakazeKun,

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is making 3D models for SM3DL hard in terms of getting a good program to work with it?
nah, you just need maya or 3ds max with the nw4c toolkit, isaw a guide on how to install them on this forum. But you can use every program you want, just export the model as obj and import it in maya to export with the tools

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
exelix11, do you know anything about vertex collouring and SRT texture animations? Because i'm really in trouble to make that. In the tools, it works fine, but in game happens nothing. No Vertex Collour and no animation, though it works in the editor :P

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
exelix11, do you know anything about vertex collouring and SRT texture animations? Because i'm really in trouble to make that. In the tools, it works fine, but in game happens nothing. No Vertex Collour and no animation, though it works in the editor :P
the editor just displays the obj inside the folder, maybe the game engine doesn't support that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.