• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyan Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell no in general to that. Not only is that just generally being a douche to the people who actually paid for their DLC (like me, and it was difficult as hell) but that's asking for Nintendo to whip us out of existence.
I did not mean it Offensively Sorry.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could this end up being able to edit Mii Fighters? I'd love for there to be a way to change the costume, especially if the Multi-Man one can be selected somehow.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what I meant was putting saved Mii Fighters into the normally CPU-only Multi-Man enemy outfit (the one with the big M on the front) and use it for a player's Mii.

xerochrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would not have bought smash if i knew they'd have DLC characters i really didn't check itout before i got it cause its nintendo and i thought they were above that

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
i would not have bought smash if i knew they'd have DLC characters i really didn't check itout before i got it cause its nintendo and i thought they were above that
You do not have to buy them, the games does download them in an update so you could play with people who have.

Edit:
Pokémon Shuffle, Badge Collector and Pokemon Battle (or whatever) have microtransactions. :-(

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Ive tried a different save editor, and I have a question. In said editor (I cant recall who made it, I know that isnt helpful) you could unlock all characters, stages, customs, etc. as well as set the number of KOs, Falls, etc.

Anyways, I set KO count to like 270 or something, so that I would unlock the "More Rules" section (Which requires like 200 - 250 KOs) and while the game registered that I had 270 KOs, I didnt unlock the More Rules menu until I actually got about 200 more KOs (Im at over 500 now) So I was wondering A: What do you think was causing it? and B: Does your editor run into this problem as well?

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
So Ive tried a different save editor, and I have a question. In said editor (I cant recall who made it, I know that isnt helpful) you could unlock all characters, stages, customs, etc. as well as set the number of KOs, Falls, etc.

Anyways, I set KO count to like 270 or something, so that I would unlock the "More Rules" section (Which requires like 200 - 250 KOs) and while the game registered that I had 270 KOs, I didnt unlock the More Rules menu until I actually got about 200 more KOs (Im at over 500 now) So I was wondering A: What do you think was causing it? and B: Does your editor run into this problem as well?
A: Don't know
B: No as it is not implemented yet.

Been busy with life.

xerochrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not have to buy them, the games does download them in an update so you could play with people who have.

Edit:
Pokémon Shuffle, Badge Collector and Pokemon Battle (or whatever) have microtransactions. :-(

I said I wouldn't have bought it if I'd have done my research and saw that they were going to add DLC characters. I never said i thought my game wasn't going to work because i didn't buy more shit... I just don't want to support nintendo, wouldn't have bought SF4 on console if I'd known they'd do that as well. Same with Borderlands 2, I let every company bite me once before i start really researching beforehand. DLC characters and weapons are unacceptable in online games for me. Maps are fine, that doesn't change the balance of a game, aesthetics are fine for the same reason unless its game breaking camo or something. I haven't been burned by good faith in a company for a long time, i made an exception for nintendo and got fucked. caveat emptor.

MtH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
How does the "Fix Save" feature work exactly? I think I screwed and booted up smash between when I exported my save and imported the edited version, so now it's refusing to load because it's not the latest data.
whoops

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Above what exactly?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I said I wouldn't have bought it if I'd have done my research and saw that they were going to add DLC characters. I never said i thought my game wasn't going to work because i didn't buy more shit... I just don't want to support nintendo, wouldn't have bought SF4 on console if I'd known they'd do that as well. Same with Borderlands 2, I let every company bite me once before i start really researching beforehand. DLC characters and weapons are unacceptable in online games for me. Maps are fine, that doesn't change the balance of a game, aesthetics are fine for the same reason unless its game breaking camo or something. I haven't been burned by good faith in a company for a long time, i made an exception for nintendo and got fucked. caveat emptor.

I just don't want to support nintendo, wouldn't have bought SF4 on console if I'd known they'd do that as well. -- DLC characters and weapons are unacceptable in online games for me. -- Maps are fine, that doesn't change the balance of a game, aesthetics are fine for the same reason unless its game breaking camo or something. I haven't been burned by good faith in a company for a long time, i made an exception for nintendo and got fucked. caveat emptor.

What the hell?

-- Speaking from experience, the DLC characters didn't actually have a massive effect on the meta. Ryu players are shining, but he's only high tier at best, and the entire Smash community doubts he'll be winning tournaments anytime soon; as for Roy and Lucas, they're pretty mid tier, and Mewtwo is universally accepted to be garbage. The game's 'balance' didn't change at all. :\

-- Speaking from my knowledge of basic business, DLC is going to be necessary to keep Smash 4 alive. The longer DLC is being produced for Smash 4, the longer people will be playing it overall: the longer people are playing it, the more patches are going to be necessary for it, which is because the game's balance is, in fact, broken as shit by default (not even relatively a fault of the DLC).

If you don't want to support gaming companies, I beg you do yourself a favor and stop buying their games - and I mean all their games; if you pick games based on something this arbitrary rather than how good the game is, you shouldn't be playing any tbh - so that there's more for the people who actually care to support the companies, developers, artists, et cetera behind the high-quality stuff they put out, ESPECIALLY in the case of Nintendo where they went out of their way solely to please the fans with what they chose as DLC and to make it as affordable as possible (4$ characters is definitely a bargain when it comes to DLC - and don't even start on the 'the game comes with 51 characters for 60$' nonsense, because it's not funny).

..'burned by good faith'. Pathetic.

man this went horribly off topic

ANYWAY

Do you have any idea how I might be able to use the equipment I create online yet? The 'range' value still confuses me: I'm going to need to mess around with it a lot if I want to get anything done. Oddly, I've never gotten a range above 21..

Last edited by darklordrs,
Reactions: piratesephiroth

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like there are 176 Badges to collect to equip to your character
I'm not sure what you mean, still. The RNG in the game has a pretty ridiculous amount of possibilities pertaining to the equipment that can be equipped, and though the count of possible equipment definitely reaches way over 5000, the game only allows saving 3000 at once before some become overwritten. There's no way within reason to 'unlock' every single possible kind.

If you mean Powers, I'm afraid there are quite a bit of those too. Not sure if it reaches 176 exactly, but I'll probably look into it. Other than powers and equipment I really have no idea what you're referring to.

SneakyShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what you mean, still. The RNG in the game has a pretty ridiculous amount of possibilities pertaining to the equipment that can be equipped, and though the count of possible equipment definitely reaches way over 5000, the game only allows saving 3000 at once before some become overwritten. There's no way within reason to 'unlock' every single possible kind.

If you mean Powers, I'm afraid there are quite a bit of those too. Not sure if it reaches 176 exactly, but I'll probably look into it. Other than powers and equipment I really have no idea what you're referring to.

The equipment like customizing your character like Agility Badges, Protection Badges and Brawn Badges. There are 176 of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM