Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Okay, just downgraded my other O3ds and another N3ds with the safesysupdater, worked like a charm, on the first try :)

Sora_145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm failing the last check, does that mean I should grab a different 9.2 cia? I thought I was using the same one as everybody else but maybe I just grabbed the wrong one. JP N3DS if it matters. I deleted that extra file I was supposed to so maybe that's it?

Sora_145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm failing the last check, does that mean I should grab a different 9.2 cia? I thought I was using the same one as everybody else but maybe I just grabbed the wrong one. JP N3DS if it matters. I deleted that extra file I was supposed to so maybe that's it?
Got it to work. And for the record, the one I was stuck on was far from the last check haha. It was the fourth, I think. I ended up using a 9.0 downgrade which was *actually* a 9.1 so go figure. Either way, it worked! Thanks!

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
US N3DS. Updated from 9.9 to 10.3 and them sucessfully downgraded through menuhax. Had to give some retries.

Didn't need to format the system as sugested by some (thankfully).

Had to reboot manually when it finished. Just have setup my EmuNAND and everything is working perfectly.

Thanks so much. :)

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I want to use this on the new pokemon 20th anniversary N3DS, but i probably will have below 10.3 firmware, is it mandatory to have 10.3 for this? because i think 10.4 will be out before i get my N3DS so i dont think i'll be able to get 10.3, just 9.x/10.x whatever the N3DS comes with. is that okay?

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Alrgiht. This gave me a bit of hell, but I got it working.
NEW3DS I was on 9.9
I used this tool. It siad all of my files were good.
I downgraded (had to rety about 7 times)
Everything acted fine, and I had to manually reboot.
Turned it on, "Error Has Occured" bullshit, with and without SD card:
Went into recovers (Up , L , R , A , Power)
Updated to 10.3
Used browserhax to install 10.3 themehax
Worked first try to downgrade
Had to manually reboot,
Error has occured.
Did recovery again,
Took out SD card,
Formatted ( LOST ALL MY STREETPASS STUFF :( )
Used browserhax,
Downgraded first try
Manual reboot,
Booted Fine, Checked settings 9.2.0-20u
Ran @ihavemac 's tool and said I successfully downgraded :D

Going to install CFW in the morning
Thanks for releasing this tool. Helped so much :D
Did I mention I lost all my streetpass data?? :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I want to use this on the new pokemon 20th anniversary N3DS, but i probably will have below 10.3 firmware, is it mandatory to have 10.3 for this? because i think 10.4 will be out before i get my N3DS so i dont think i'll be able to get 10.3, just 9.x/10.x whatever the N3DS comes with. is that okay?
Any firmware 9.3-10.3 will work.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i don't want to update to 10.3 because my wifi is being a bit weird at the moment, plus i would rather not risk it when 10.4 could be coming any time now.
so i'll just try with 9.4, i don't see why it wouldn't work or why you tell people to update to 10.3
i'll use cn to install homemenuhax because browserhax is very unstable and rarely works for me :)

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
i don't want to update to 10.3 because my wifi is being a bit weird at the moment, plus i would rather not risk it when 10.4 could be coming any time now.
so i'll just try with 9.4, i don't see why it wouldn't work or why you tell people to update to 10.3
i'll use cn to install homemenuhax because browserhax is very unstable and rarely works for me :)
9.9 caused a soft brick for me, and I was forced to update to 10.3
On 9.9 it took 7 tries, but on 10.3 the exploit booted on the first try bth times.
Also, I needed to format to not get softbrick.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How could you have possibly got one of those already?

Never mind, was going off of what you said on another thread. There you made it sound like you had it in hands.

Last edited by DarkenedMatter,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
9.9 caused a soft brick for me, and I was forced to update to 10.3
On 9.9 it took 7 tries, but on 10.3 the exploit booted on the first try bth times.
Also, I needed to format to not get softbrick.
well so far it seems ok, it is completed and just about to reboot :) maybe it will be a softbrick lol i'll see
but it worked the first time, i didn't have to try and try to get the program to run.

-- worked perfectly :) very happy! (the reboot didn't work, i had to manually power off, no problem though)

Last edited by cearp,

Lichtblick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

i just registered to give some more feedback. Downgraded 3 devices (New 3DS XL) all from 10.03 E to 9.2

2 with sysupdater, 1 with safesysupdater.

It took me around 4 to 6 hours from no experience to understand now more about hacking and the homebrew applications.

Edit: 2 failed to reboot, 1 rebooted after downgrade ;) (but that does not really matter)

Regards

Last edited by Lichtblick,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P